Home

Strategy Guide #2: The Red Room on Artus Mine (SPOILERS!!!)

ChangKhan

A note about the posts I will try to continue to make under the title "Strategy Guide"... I will try to provide clues at the top of the post, then outright answers at the bottom. So as you're reading it, you can stop when you think you've read enough and can figure the rest out for yourself....

So, that red room on the first artus mine level, where the carts come in, the room turns red and you die. A lot of people have trouble with this one, it is a bit obscure.

First hint: Don't try to approach the room directly, look for another way in.

Second hint: Make sure to look through the security cameras.

Third and final hint: Look around outside and see if you see/hear anything unusual.

Answer: Go outside on the catwalk and look for the 2 posts. Look down over the ledge and wait for a pipe to extend. Drop down on it and, when it retracts, go in it and you'll be under the red room. Now you can stop the process in the red room and get on the carts with impunity.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried that but i could not figure out how to get out of that room.

I ended up waiting at the door to the red room and when a cart entered waited until the room was done turning red. Then using the few seconds that are left, i hop onto the ledge outside the door the cart exits on being careful not to get smushed by the closing door. When a new car exits, i can jump onto it.

I am interested on how to exit the room below the red room.

What I did was to wait for the red light to go off, run in room and hop up on door that opens where the cart exits room. This prevents the door from closing by standing in the way. The next cart comes in and you are safe while the red light goes on. Wait for the cart to come through and hop on.

As an alternate means of entry to the Red Room on Artus Prime one can wait at the main door while the "process" inside performs (where the red light flashes and death is inevitable for all inside).

As soon as that ends, run into the room and jump ONTO the opening where the mining car is leaving (easier to do in 3rd person mode). Stand on the ledge outside, let the doors close (with you outside on the ledge) and wait for the next mining car to enter.

When that car is leaving, stand in the middle of the ledge, and jump. You should with enough patience be able to jump directly onto the mining car.

BSM

What your SUPPOSED to do is:

1. Wait for the pipe that extends to let out the steam from the red room, the jump onto it, then when it retracts jump onto the ledge below it.

2. Go in through the pipe, and when you reach the small room underneath the red room, blast all the conduits with your blaster to avoid getting fried. Then jump on that little elevator thing to get out.

3. When a cart comes in, walk up on one of those diagonal supports and hop on it.

To get out from below the red room, you don't actually "get out" so to speak. The little platform that lifts, and lowers in the process or turning the room red, once you stop the process, wait. The platform will lower far enough for you to stand on it. Once on it, it will lift you right into the room.... The rest you know, get on cart, through doors, blah blah blah.

SPOILER BELOW

`

`

`

`

``

`

`

`

`

`

`

``

`

`

`

`

`

`

`

`To exit the room below the red room, after you disable the "red" part of the machine.... the grid and hen the actual machine, u can stand on the center sircle and ride it up into the room when it goes up.

You dont ride the car all the way to the blue shield, look along the way for somewhere else to get off the cart, that the cart gives u the ability to reach that u previsouly could not.

Originally posted by Sirusdv

i can get on it and ride the tram tili getto the place were they dump stuff into lava but theres a shield there that i cannot pass and it screws everything up!

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM LET ME KNOW IF YOU GET PASSED IT.:confused:

As for people who got past the red room and are happily riding a mine cart until you get shoved off by a shield, Get off at the entrance that is right around the corner. You'll know you are in the right place if you are in dark tunnels with green crystals.

In the red room, i ran in and got locked in. So I dropped onto the cart and the heat came on, but I kept using bacta, then it turned off adn I escaped with only 1 HP and no shields!! I think I'm the only one to survive the red room while it was turned on.

Those are for your light amplification googles. The one you find in the very first level (in the crate in the room with the 'goink' droid and the elevator that takes you to a very dark room). You require the googles when you step off the cart into a dark mineshaft, slightly lid by the green crystals.

Remember that you (should) have two googles. One that has a blue light and one that has an orange light. With the orange one you can still shoot, with the blue one you can zoom in and out (when pressing the fire button or alternate fire). Use the orange one in the mineshaft.

How in the hell am I supposed to get on the cart? I'm standing in the room up on the highest part of the ledge and when the cart starts to leave I jump but I can never seem to make it.. I either get squashed or pushed out the door.

I am going crazy.:D

Archived