Home

think mp isnt as fun as sp? anyone else?

enderWiggin6

i don't know what it is, but the multiplayer component of jk2 just doesn't seem right. the single player's speed and saber play is perfect, but it seems like multiplayer has been slowed down or something. and where's that cool flash on the screen when sabers clash in multiplayer? also, the bots need some work (imo), as they spend most of their time running backwards away from you. i almost wish they'd throw in the reborn ai from the single player for the bots, they come at you saber swinging, and ive had some great duels with them. i dunno, i see myself replaying the single player many more times over, i'm just not as excited about the mplayer as i thought i would be. also, (and this is a nitpick, i know) but what happened to pulling items with force pull? it was just one of those fun things you could do in jk1 and mots, and i guess the sw nerd in me misses it in multiplayer. actually, i suppose pretty much any of this stuff will eventually be addressed in mods/patches/etc..., but just wanted to hear some other opinions on multiplayer.

ender.

jk2 single player = 95%

jk2 multi player = 70%

I wholeheartedly agree with you on all your points.

Sword play in MP is far less impressive visually as it is in SP, and it doesn't seem like a very efficient way to kill players most of the time

The bot AI does sucks major arse. I too wish you could take the reborn AI from single player. I found myself reloading old save gaves with fights with reborn just ahead instead of playing bot matches, because its just that much better.

And yes, not being able to pull items to you in multiplayer is a major letdown, although i can think of many arguments as to why they left it out, if it was intentionnal.

I loved every minute of the single player game, and now that i've beaten it, I wish some aspects of the multiplayer game would be changed so I could enjoy this game for many months to come. Otherwise, I foresee the game going to the dusty shelf until I feel like playing through it again in SP.

Originally posted by SaberPro

Yes I do feel the same way.

MP Force really ruins a lot of the saber-duelings.

Fight, fight, LIGHTNING your dead. That's not right...I guess basic force are okay, like Force Jump, but others are too destructive or boring...

Can't you define which force powers you want the bots to have?

Yeah you can. I'm just saying if you didn't define it...like I played a bot today...he ALWAYS lightning me first, choke me once in while when I met him (saber vs saber). I ALWAYS just Force Push him down a cliff or into the Death Star laserbeam...

Originally posted by SaberPro

Yes I do feel the same way.

MP Force really ruins a lot of the saber-duelings.

Fight, fight, LIGHTNING your dead. That's not right...I guess basic force are okay, like Force Jump, but others are too destructive or boring...

Use force absorb and/or force heal level 3.

a couple other things, what about those goofy green globes and white invulnerability globes that are displayed in mp? anyway to disable the drawing of them? and what i was mainly getting at above is the mplayer just seems slow for some reason. you literally swing your saber much slower, and the controls seem less responsive, or am i just insane? the bots really do need to learn how to saber fight, i'd love to see a mod that simply allows you to take on a bunch of single player reborn of varying difficulty. i'm hoping there's some console tweaks that can be done, ie increasing the game speed, limiting to just neutral force powers, getting rid of that green shield-looking thing. i also wouldn't mind allowing slow-mo deaths if you're just playing against bots only. i mean, the game is cool, its just that it could be soooooooooo much cooler with a few adjustments. thats the advantage of the q3 engine tho, the community can change the game as they see fit.

later. ender.

Originally posted by enderWiggin6

a couple other things, what about those goofy green globes and white invulnerability globes that are displayed in mp? anyway to disable the drawing of them? and what i was mainly getting at above is the mplayer just seems slow for some reason. you literally swing your saber much slower, and the controls seem less responsive, or am i just insane? the bots really do need to learn how to saber fight, i'd love to see a mod that simply allows you to take on a bunch of single player reborn of varying difficulty. i'm hoping there's some console tweaks that can be done, ie increasing the game speed, limiting to just neutral force powers, getting rid of that green shield-looking thing. i mean, the game is cool, its just that it could be soooooooooo much cooler with a few adjustments. thats the advantage of the q3 engine tho, the community can change the game as they see fit.

later. ender.

Can't you adjust the game speed in multiplayer? As far as the speed of your lightsabre attacks don't forget that you have 3 stances which are light, medium and powerful. Those aren't the correct names but that's what they do so maybe your in the power stance which is the slowest stance.

Originally posted by Razarblade

I just played 4 hours straight of multiplayer, best deathmatch I have ever played. And for those of you who think the saber fighting is just rapid clicking, I feel sorry for you :)

hey, i'm not saying its bad...i'm just saying it doesn't hold a candle to the single player sword play. its plain-ole, good-ole-fashioned slllooooooooowwwwwwwww. (and yes, i'm familiar with the stances, i prefer medium in mp and sp) but i'm telling you, go fight some of the 3 on 1 reborn battles on the streets of bespin, with dozens of parries and flips and rolls and jumps and fancy moves, and tell me that what you do in multiplayer is even remotely close. i think it really has a lot to do with the bot ai, actually. they're not agressive with the saber, and they use the fp's way to much.

Hehe I know what he's trying to do...but it seemed that his Force Meter never ran OUT....he first Lightning me for like 3 seconds, throw his saber, THEN CHOKE ME?! That's not right...I just did my Force Pushes and I RAN OUT OF FORCE MANA....oh well i'll stop whining :)

Wesman, I reckon that guy was me. You CAN pull weapons from players' hands with force pull, but the "items" that you cant pull that we were referring to in this thread are the items lying around maps such as shield boosters, health packs, guns (that aren't in a player's hands), ammo, etc. You cant pull those, its like they're bolted down.

i made a thread about the same exact thing. it's so horribly slow in mp. i feel like i'm swinging through a bowl of jello. like i said before, i'm too used to sword-based fighters. this ain't nowhere near the speed it needs to be. but, as some other guy pointed out, this could be attributed to online play. i practically gave up trying to duel. i would see a guy swinging at me wildly and i wait for a point to strike, but my guy is so sluggish that i can never hit anything with precision; i'm better off just clicking like mad =/

I'm with Razarblade. The multiplayer is the best I've played. I think the lightsaber has been slowed down a touch so that both players have a little more time to react to introduce a little strategic play. You have to admit that it looks pretty impressive the way the saber flows sweetly between each move you pull off. It makes the game less click, click, click, click. What I don't like is the amount of saber moves. I feel that Saber Battle X for Jedi Knight had a lot more variety in saber moves. I'd be really happy to see a mod that brought the moves of SBX with the flowing style of the lightsaber. I also noticed someone mention 'Lightning'. I agree with their comment. The lightning is very annoying and makes you want to turn off the force powers. It needs toning down.

Archived