Home

Lando Calrissain's Voice?

cj7816

Heheh. Lando always slurred. Never trust a guy with bad diction. ;-)

Though I really had to question Billy Dee's acting when I first met up with Lando. But then I just realized that I had half-expected a Lando sound-alike. The same blasted thing happened to me with Wedge in Rogue Leader. '-)

:bdroid2: ---- Maybe like in Elite Force (where they had an update with Geri Ryans voice) there could be an update with Mark Hamils voice. Hey..... could happen. If I was Mark Hamil I would milk the Skywalker role for as long as possible. C'mon! One of the greatest fictions ever written. Right up there with LOTR.

:p ---- Or maybe Scott HamilTON could do the voice over!

I remember hearing Mark Hamill would never reprise Luke... but I don't know if it's true. I remember an episode of Freakazoid where he did it, and there have been shows where it was sort of tongue-in-cheek... besides, he's a comic book fan too, so he knows how much people would want him as Luke. I'm sure Raven approached him and he declined though.

Bob Bergan did well for Luke Skywalker's voice. I felt, even before they had mentioned Mark Hamill wouldn't be doing the voice, that Mr. Bergan, they man who did Luke's voice in Force Commander, would be fine @ doing it again if need be. And I feel he did a great job too for a older Luke that is.....

I'd go out on a limb and say that Mr. Bergen's voice as Luke sounds more 'right' than Lando's voice- go figure. He's also made me want to re-install Force Commander- I remembered at the time thinking the Luke voice for that wasn't as top-notch as it could have been, but with the benefit of subsequent information I may have to update those opinions.

BTW: did anyone else pick up on Guy Siner's voice in there? For the uninitiated he played the camp German Lieutenant in the old British comedy series Allo Allo.

-JH.

Luke's voice wasn't bad. I felt like the first time you meet him is the worst Luke voice in the game, but he sort of "got more used to it" and it wasn't terrible. I thought Lando was right on, though.

I wouldn't mind running into Han Solo in an expansion/sequel, but there's no way in hell Harrison Ford would come back, unless they had $40 mil for him. That may drive up the price of the game.

Well, Mark reprised Luke in the National Public Radio: Star Wars radio drama - for A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. Don't know why he didn't stick it out for the third one. But the guy who did Luke in the third was pretty damn good.

I hear that Mark did a voice for Soldier of Fortune II, Starseigem and Icewind Dale. So I know it's not something against games in general.

I'm thinking three possibilities here:

1. Either Mark was too busy during the development, and couldn't do the recording.

2. Bob Burgen was a cheaper alternative to Mark's paycheck. Besides, Bob's pretty much the preferred Luke sound-alike in the gaming industry. Force Commander, Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader, X-Wing Alliance, Galactic Battlegrounds, and I think even Shadows of the Empire for the PC. He sounds like a younger version of Mark!

3. Mark just plain didn't want to do it.

Man, good luck getting Harrison to do voiceovers for anything reasonable - especially Star Wars or Indiana Jones. And Carie Fisher? HAH! Good luck getting her to even mutter the name of the franchise.

At least we have Billy Dee on board. The guy who voiced Lando for Galactic Battlegrounds is by far the best sound-alike for Billy Dee this side of the Milky Way. But nothing beats the original's suave personality behind the vocal waves. But besides, this is probably the closest medium that Billy Dee will ever get in Star Wars again. ;-)

Archived