Home

How long do you think it will take to make a lightsaber.

Kad

So how long do you think it will take to build a lightsaber, im thinking it is going to be very hard, first off all how are we going to get the crystals for the lightsaber, will there be rare shops were you can by one, or will you have to got a mining planet and do a relentless search, i was just wondering, oh and say that you are training to be a jedi do you think there will be a way to get a mediclorine count.:saberb:

( In his c3po voice) The chances of sucesfully becomming a jedi are . . . prety hard, jedi are gonna be very a jedi

only a very small number will get it, hundreds will drop out cos they cant be a jedi, so making a lightsabre will be extremly hard

Hmmm, sounds like it will be hard, i already have my jedi bio and everything set up for when galaxies is realsed hopefully i will be able to become a jedi. One more thing how become no one posts at these boards.?:confused:

If i ever become a jedi (imagine a dark jedi trandoshan...) i'll go into a cantina and ignite my lightsaber and kill everyone!!!! AND THEN TAKE THEIR MONEY!!!!! EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE

but then if i don't get a lightsaber....i better get a concussion rifle. hehehehe but then people would notice it and shoot me!

AHHHHHH!!!! *suddenly remembers this isn't mots* DARN!

Originally posted by Kad

No way if i make my own lightsaber i will never sell it, plus if you make you own lightsaber then you get special atttributes etc, that would be hard for me to sell.

:p Just build one, sell it, and then build another one for you to use. :slsaber:

Originally posted by Wraith 8

let me just say... dont get you hopes up..... i think you should consider a different path....just in case you cant be a Jedi...

Dont worry i already have my two character set up, got there bios and everything, so i will have my human jedi, and my zabrak smuggler, shop keeper, etc.

hmm ...

Well as I understand it, building a lightsaber is a crucial step in becomming a full jedi, so the likely timeframe would be lengthy, not to mention the cost in making one, of course a craptastic one with weak crystals would be easy to make but who would really want a craptastic lightsaber?

Remember that you'll be making it from rare jewels that cost a bundle of credits, and as I understand the FAQ each lightsaber is designed to be most efficiently used by the jedi who made it, thus it would just about suck for anyone else. Plus who knows if you can even make a crappy lightsaber, maybe if you use less than perfect materials (including the gems) it'll just fail in the making of it. I personally would not be surprised if it would take 4-5 hours of gametime to make one.

10 Reasons why building a lightsaber and being a jedi in general will be hard :lsduel:

1.It is the essential tool of a jedi.

2. The jedi path will not be easy.

3. The path to even start to become a jedi is a mystery and will remain so (until some idiot posts it).

4. The timeframe SWG is set in is just teeming with jedi, oh wait no it isn't.

5. It will likely be the most expensive thing any jedi will have on them at any time.

6. When jedi of the light side aren't worried about bounty hunters set upon them by the empire (refer to # 2) you are going to have to make a living too, duh no jedi counsel to fund you bums.

7. Dark jedi, hmmm same as #6 but by the alliance.

8. What cooler trophy could there be but a lightsaber which undoubtedly will have the makers signature on it.

9. The way to make a lightsaber is not known, how long will it take you to make something you have nothing but a rought guess as to how to make it?

10. If it is easy to make one, well then I'll just have my factory pump them out faster than a bantha takes a crap in the desert!

Rommel

Designer

Manufactorer

Meglomaniac

God

It would be good if you had to actually figure out how to put it together. Perhaps there could be some reference carvings on the Jedi Academy walls or something but the player would have to figure out how to put the components together (thats after they have gathered them)

Archived