Home

Official Unofficial Naboo campaign [Read all]

Com Raven

Guest ReaperFett

Fergie, Panaka is a hero, and the one who stas back is Sil Bibbo(something like that, 2AM thinking hurts:)), and hes a hero too

Love how it is set out, I must say

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by ReaperFett

Fergie, Panaka is a hero, and the one who stas back is Sil Bibbo(something like that, 2AM thinking hurts:)), and hes a hero too

Love how it is set out, I must say

Thanks Reaper:)

Sio Bibble...what are his stats...maybe we could encorparate him in there...Also thanks for the confirmtion of Panaka...I wasn't all that sure about it...

Also my reasoning behind Amidala fighting is because...

1) she doesn't originally fight, Panaka really fights for her by protecting her and her intersts

2) Once the fighting is over she swears Naboo will never be ravaged by war again because of the terrible tragedy on Naboo

3) then TF attacks and she is forced to abandon that view

Yes, your ideas were read ..

And I stil, propose a chat this weekend to see which storyline gets most fans !!

And you can sure help (at least with testing)after the 25th ...

The question who is gonna do this is a good one ...

I guess we give all that applied an idea and see what they make of it ...

Best one is lead mapper (although with 6 maps, you can use several ones at the same time ...)

How about a chat saturday, 1st december any time between

7pm and 11pm (Greenwich time) ??

ff, I'd really like to inclued as much as possible without wanting our "baby" to become fat and ugly .....:D

Others, plz post if you can join a chat at that time(s) so we can try to get first rough draft of story and missions (that way mappers could make firsz designs ..)

Guest Chet Dakota

Again, I ask...

Didn't Panaka say in Ep 1 that Amidala was "recently elected"?

If he did say that, then how can you have her "fight" for the throne? If she was voted to the throne, then Naboo is a democracy, although I find it strange that she would take the title of "Queen" if she was elected. Any serious fans here know the story of Naboo Politics?

I think the Campaign should be hero orentated. We just have to choose who the main hero will be.

Amidala, Panaka or Sio Bible. I'd vote for Panaka because he's the more military one. But then the campaign must be set before ep1 or after. During the TF war he is with the queen.

Sio bible on the other hand is on Naboo during the TF attack, with him you can make a good story about what happens on Naboo while the Queen is away.

With Amidala is mainly following the movie and fill in the gaps. The time before ep1 there wasn't much to fight.

the story could rougly be...

missions 1-4the empire is being destroyed all over the place so they split up on small planets everywhere looking for a planet to empower some of them land on naboo and kill some gungans the gungans destroy the small group but the group managed to send a message that the planet has life to take over so the rest of the empire comes and huge battles happen between the gungans and naboo and they loose most cause they forgot about war

missions5-6lso afterthere are commando missions lead by captain panka with heaps of small missions with the group blowing up and killing certain things

meanwhile the rebels are thinking where did the imperials go and they find them and help naboo and the gungans win

its just an idea you can take parts out of it or whatever:D

I think its a great idea to make a naboo campaign, and I will surely download it when its done. Oh and about the gungans and the naboo, they did fight..a while ago:

From

The completely unofficial star wars encyclopedia on http://www.theforce.net :

'' Naboo

this is the human species which, along with the Gungans, that inhabit the planet Naboo. During much of their existence, the Naboo took great pains to avoid contact with their Gungan neighbors, and were mostly unaware of the huge underwater cities the Gungans built to escape contact. This was the result of a bloody war which was waged several centuries before the Battle of Naboo, in which large portions of both races were killed. However, fringe elements of both species realized that they couldn't survive without the other, and specialized trading relationships were set up. While these relationships were not officially recognized by either government, they were vital to the survival of each species. In general, the Naboo were a peaceful people, and chose to live in harmony with their environment rather than destroy it. ''

This encyclopedia is a great source for scenariobuilding because its.....HUGE!

Oh, and this is my first post, I have been reading the forum for some time now, I thought I should register. :)

I suggest that we use the Naboo as an enemy in the Naboo Campaign. Say that some of the Naboo support the Trade Federation and start an uprising. With the help of the Trade Federation, the Naboo rebels would make a good opponent. The campaing would be about -- you guessed it, fighting the Naboo rebels and the Trade Federation.:bdroid2:

I just read all of the posts. I am REALLY interested in the map-making. Probably a boring tedious job that no one enjoys except me. I can do the maps as accurate as they are in the SW Universe. Just get me the map maker and I'll do it. Also, it would be much easier to chat instead of posting. I have made many maps for the Command and Conquer games and enjoy doing it alot.:bdroid2:

Hey, I was also wondering something. I see a lot of posts and things about this Naboo campaign. Is there any work being done on it? There is going to be a surge of ppl on this site after Christmas. Many ppl are probably going to get this game. Many ppl with GB = Many complaints about no Naboo Campaign. Just was wondering. Like I said before, you get me the map maker, and I'll make the maps.:duel:

I still like my full Idea back there...call me biased if you want to but still...

Scenario 1= The King has died...Captain Panaka (i think he is a hero) finds him dead and he and his guard force search out the traitor...(kill a few people nothing major)

Scenario 2= Several factions of 'potential' canidates fight it out...you/Panaka are on a quest to desern the best heir to the throne. You and your small task force are attacked several times by the waring factions...you find Amidala/Padme...end scenario

Scenario 3= Amidala anounces her intent for the throne...and is attacked by most of the waring factions...she has but one ally (I forgot his name...the advisor to amidala in the movies that stays behind) They fight together and defeat several factions...

Scenario 4= Amidala is now put up against the strongest faction...the faction of the king's nephew...fight it out...

Scenario 5= Amidala is being crowned queen and rules no military action will be taken against the TF...She is captured...Qui-Gon and Obi-One rescue here...oh and Jar Jar too...you have to get her to the hangar alive...

Scenario 6= Infiltration of the Palace after they come back...capture Nute Gunray...

Scenario 7= *bonus scenario* You get to defend Theed from the TF invaders with the small skeleton force that Naboo holds...

Scenario 8=*bonus scenario* face off with the Gungans...Panaka vs. Boss Nass...

(you can think up your own Ideas for the bonus missions...they were just quick thoughts the rest were thought out and planned)

We really need to decide on which story to use. And then we need to pick a team of designers to make it...we may need more than one thread for this...

I like your idea for the story and i agree with Raven. We need to agree on the story before we start anything. If I get the map maker soon, sometime before christmas, i can get a map on the net. Sort of a preview map like Raven suggested. Also, give me a time, and I'll be on to chat with you guys.:duel:

Well, some messages earlier I indicated that the Naboo and gungans DID fight, a while ago. So we can base a scenario on that. And another Idea is playing the side of the Naboo during

EP-I. But I also like fergies idea. So maybe we can combine all these Ideas into one scenario; here's my idea

1. Human colonists discover Naboo and the Gungans respond to this by attacking the lightly armed colonists. A standard game: naboo vs. Gungans, but the naboo only have tech lvl 2 max. and the gungans 4. This should make an interesting game, because you really must use each units strenghts to the max.

2. As more and more colonists fly in from outer space, the fighting gets fiercer, the Nubian commanders decide to settle the matter once and for all, and attack the city of Otoh Gunga. This is a battle mission: destroy the enemy command center with a limited number of troops, while receiving constant reinforcements. At the end of the mission the two factions realize that the fighting is pointless, and an uneasy peace is settled.

3-5. Insert three missions from fergies idea here.

6. The trade federation attacks Naboo. After the initial attacks by OOM-9 only small scattered groups of naboo's security force remain. You start out with a small number of troops, and rescue more nubians as you go along. This results in the liberation of a small naboo city in which you will build a base. The game then changes into a standard game, with multiple TF enemy's. You have one ally: a small gungan settlement that you can use to trade with, and they attack the trade federation from the sea occansionally.

7. Replay the part of the movie where queen amidala, panaka and some troops try to capture the viceroy.

Well...it became a long post afterall :) Tell me what you think!

Archived