Home

Patch On The Way

Guest Garry_M_Gaber

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest camerog

I'd love to see some new civs - maybe an expansion pack. The Yuzhaan Vong would be cool. how about a campaign for the Naboo? Or an EpII Civ?

Guest Lord Tirion

I just hope that bug of heavy mech units missing with their double green lazers as they are attacking a unit over and over is fixed. I use to think it was only on a certain angle but now it seems to be on multiple angles where the fire keeps sailing over the head and missing. I had to babysit each unit and repossition them to finally start to score hits. That was taking away from the gameplay aspect for me and making the game more of a burden then fun. But overall I think SWGB just rules. Good Job =)

Guest Toothless-OMO

Garry,

Since I had never played AoK, or AoE, or the like SWGB was a first for me. I really like many aspects of this game. Things like 6 races to play with and against, A great Tech Tree that takes a lot of research to get through, and various way the weapons work.

Like most everyone else, I want to put a "but" in here.

Would you please consider the following for a patch or expansion.

Thanks in Advance.

1. Remove the need for prefab Houses for every race. Or at least boost it to 10 units per house instead of 5.

2. If possible tweak the graphics a bit. Such as make the water move a bit. Animate the flame from units engines, Have the AA units missiles look like they are really hitting something when they hit air units. Also, if these races can build so much it would be nice if they could build something as simple as a bridge!!! At least over shallow water areas. Etc.....

3. Add a few more sounds to the units and or phrases they say.

I hope you have a mind to try this type game in a true 3D setting. Something like the Earth 2150 style engine might be nice.

I must tell you I really am enjoying this game and look forward what the Developers have in store for us in the future.

Thanks Again.

Toothless-OMO

Guest fallen_angel

I like the game and I'm currently really enjoying playing it, but why has Lucas arts just abandoned the previously rigourous attention to the minutie of the Star Wars universe?

Why do Snowspeeders not have tow cables when attacking AT-ATs (And seem well equipped enough to dispatch them anyway as covered previously in this thread). Why don't X-wings , Tie Advanced etc have shields, Tie bombers have also always had lasers as well as bombs the may be sluggish and inaccurate but they did have then in the x-wing games. I'm dissappointed in this as Force Commander as much of a failure as a game as it was did have many of these touches with little rebel chappies hoisting themselves onto AT-ATs Luke stylie.

Other than that the game is good fun and progresses along at a respectable rate through some involving story lines.

Sam

Guest fallen_angel

The previously mentioned "Walk And Shoot Back Mode", (I know we're dealing with robots in some instances but I think even they might think to return fire whilst they're being gunned to death) , and "Stand your Ground Mode" (as opposed to "run around chasing anything that moves and running into bloody big turrets/fortresses/armies etc. that kill you mode"), would both be welcome additions.

Originally posted by Eets'chula

Hello Mr. Gaber!

This may seem like a silly/stupid request, but could you allow the jawas to be rescuable/capturable? And shouldn't the sandcrawlers be transports?

Just some ramblings from a Jawa fan. :D Thanks!

Jawas and Tusken Raiders...because they are ONLY gaia and can not be switched to a playable unit...very dissapointing...SOOOO since you listened to me on the TIE Defender;) try this too:D

Originally posted by Eets'chula

Hello Mr. Gaber!

This may seem like a silly/stupid request, but could you allow the jawas to be rescuable/capturable? And shouldn't the sandcrawlers be transports?

Just some ramblings from a Jawa fan. :D Thanks!

Yes, I support Eets on this one! Convertable jawas! :D

Thanks for takin' the time to read this, Mr. Gaber! :)

Guest gschuck

I realize that this is so far down in the thread that it will probably never be read, but I would really like to see a trooper that can shoot both ground and air units like marines in Starcraft.

Another item that would really be nice is "scout", "harrass", and "search and destroy" modes for units. This was implimented in Dark Reign. It would be great to select a scout unit, put it into scout mode, and have it go off mapping whatever it could as opposed to setting 100 waypoints to do the same thing. "Search and Destroy" is great near the end of the game when you cannot locate those last couple of units. "Harrass" is a great way to keep the other players off guard.

I am waiting for the day ...

Guest Khameir_Sarin

ANOTHER IMPORTANT BUG...i find it so strange how when JEDI APPRETICES grab a holocron, they shrink down a bit. You have to make them stay at their normal size. I hope you discover this before you finish the patch

Guest iamninboy

what i would like to see is the ability for the gungan mobile shield generators be able to share its usefulness with allied people.

i was playing on my lan with some friends and while they were getting slaughtered, my gungans were doing dandy in thier mobile circle.

and, oh yeah... the Vuushan Vong (sp?) would be a kick ass idea for an expansion race, but I fear they would be too powerful.. unless you could hire them or something ;)

anyways, this is a kick ass game, havent stopped playing it, i even quit playing counterstrike for this..

Guest HKD_Dark_Dragon

The Patch was what this was all about. I've been checking this site out and it's a decent forum. But LucasArts, Seriously, before you EVEN think of releasing or polishing the patch up you better consider redoing some of the "little details" that are too complicated for us. Such as...disable that hack that our great friend JiHaD_TeR release, (No his **** name is not about this whole bin Laden thing, he had it long ago of personal interests, so shut up about his name and listen to the facts). Don't, I REPEAT, DO NOT JUST COPY the stuff over and over like ES did and then hide the scripting crap there, Jihad_Ter has his ways, don't make a fodder patch, that won't do crap. Besides the "minor" bugs and this hack, keep an eye out on all forums, from those I have seen, this forum and MFO forums for SW:GB seem to be the more popular and useful. Keep an eye out!:bdroid2:

I believe that the designers can't make it so that the aircraft attack in strafing runs, nor use Tow Cables to take down AT-AT. They would have to attack all units like that, and I would prefer it that the Airspeeders attack all units with laser, than having to wrap a towcable around Trooper.

Small request here, Gabe. Would it be too much trouble to edit the laser animations a bit? I don't know, the AT-AT lasers look to big and clumsy.

Thanks a lot!

I dunno if anybody has noticed it or mentioned it out. But the waypoint is not working here. E.I. if I want to designate the unit destination to different location by doing ,shift-left click at multiple location. Though the signal indicate affirmation, but that unit stop after reaching the first destination. Or is there some other way to do that? Otherwise, please fix that in the patch.

Guest saetrum
I dunno if anybody has noticed it or mentioned it out. But the waypoint is not working here. E.I. if I want to designate the unit destination to different location by doing ,shift-left click at multiple location. Though the signal indicate affirmation, but that unit stop after reaching the first destination. Or is there some other way to do that? Otherwise, please fix that in the patch.

Actually, you can do way-points: shift right-click on multiple points, then the last destination, release shift and just right click. It is definitely not the most intuitive command, but it works (I found the instructions on that one in the manual, but it took some searching).

My suggestions:

---------------------

I would like to see the ability for a unit to be in 2 command groups at a time. I like to group all my troopers together under one number, then my mounted troopers under another, then group all of them under a 3rd number. Anyone else ever do this in other games? It would just be a nice addition, and it really wouldn't require that much coding.

The shooting through walls thing could be fixed, I can live with it, but it would be nice to see my walls provide a little more protection.

Some of the other points made are valid as well, but I won't repeat them. Overall, this game is one of my favorites. Good job!

All in all, I like the game alot. There are a few details that I think could be edited in a patch.

1. AT-AT lasers seem like they were put in w/ MS Paint. ;)

2. Worker try to repair walls from the OUTSIDE even when you're under attack and they are right beside the piece of wall on the inside!

3. Mounted troopers seem to decimate towers. . .

4. Perhaps you could make an auto-repair stance for workers. . .

5. When ships are made it sounds like your under attack!

The only other problem I've had is: I can't make up my mind about which team I wanna be! :D Good job, thanks alot Mr. Gaber. :D :D :D

PLEASE ADD THRAWN!!! :thrawn2:

Guest Starnick10287

The tie-defenders should have shields! In all of the games (space sims) tie defenders had shields that were even better than an x-wing! Also, I think later Tie-bombers had shields too.

Also, the AT-ATs should have ground-to-air defence, remember Battle o hoth? That way u dont need any of those weird little anti-air spiders :p.

Guest landshark42

I have one small request that i haven't noticed posted by others, so maybe its just me:

i find it annoying that medic units are produced at the command center because i always have the gathering point set on a resource where i want my workers to go when produced. however, if i ever produce medic units then i have to remember where that gather point is to find them and they get in the way of the workers. either a seperate gather point or producing them in another building would be nice.

also, i think that units that fire in an arc like the artillery units should be able to fire over most buildings, i find it frustrating especially when my artillery can't fire over an incomplete building.

i concur that at-at's should be able to fire (even if ineffectively at air units), maybe more units generally should be able to do this, i recall a trade federation tank shooting down a naboo fighter in TPM.

thanks, great game.

Archived