Home

How Long does the Empire Remnant last after the end of ROTJ?

DemonKing

A bit OT...

...but I was wondering how much longer the empire's remnant lasts after the end of ROTJ. I read the Heir to the Empire series a while back but I'm not up to speed with the post ROTJ timeline.

I only ask because I love blowing up sotrmies and would hate to see the end of them in a future installment of the JK series.

Thanks,

well, since the empire was so big before RotJ, there's always going to be some former Officer in the Empire who has a star destroyer or something. And since it was never really explained how many ships the empire had total, then they cant really say that the empire was totally destroyed at any given point. sorry if it doesnt make sense, im tired.

Well, Grand Admiral Thrawn and Pellaeon threaten the New Republic 4 years after ROTJ. Jedi Outcast is set at the 9 year mark. The Hand of Thrawn is 15 years after ROTJ. So really, resurgent imperial forces can be placed comfortably anywhere within 15 years of ROTJ... The Hand of Thrawn is where my knowledge of Imperial forces ends...

The Empire lasts pretty much forever, but not in the form you readily think of. You'll have to read Visions of the Future to understand what I mean.

And referring to it as simply "The Remnant" is something new to the SW universe as of JK2. It's always been called "The Empire" no matter what size it's been. Having it referred to as a remnant made it feel like it wasn't the Empire.

As to the NJO books... I'm kinda wary on them. I've read all of them so far, and... man... They're good books, it's just that they're so different from the rest of them. I don't read them often because of that.

NJO is also the best thing ever to happen to Star Wars literature since Heir to the Empire... even though the writing on some of them is a bit weak, but the concept as a whole is the best I've read since the Bounty Hunter Wars (in fact, Nom Anor has supplanted Xizor as my favorite Star Wars machiavellian mastermind).

Schizophrenic: Actually, it's referred to as the Imperial Remnant (or just 'the Remnant') in Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future... in fact, it's the term that's used in the text of the treaty, and it's how Admiral Pellaeon refers to his government (though not how Moff Disra and Major Tierce do).

I should clear up what I meant...

I know that it IS the Imperial Remnant, and that it has been called that before and is the official name used in the treaty. However, simply calling it "The Remnant" is what bugs me. You don't see Luke or Han or anybody calling it "The Remnant", they call it "The Empire".

That's what bothered me in the game. It's still the Empire, not just the Remnant.

All I know is that JO should have been based around something OTHER than the reminent. As much as I love killing Storm Troopers, they had this underwhelming "im going after some pitiful fools who escaped from Luke" feeling.

Mind you I never have, nor will I ever read starwars fiction.

I really really hope that they put an NJO spin on an expansion pack for the game, it would probably be way to hard...I know, but it would be cool to see how Kyle Katarn falls into that, and it would make for some awesome action and storytelling

Originally posted by DashRendar1

In the inside of a NJO book, there is a map of the galaxy. There is a samll part called "Imperial Remnant" or something. They control three of four planets.

Erm... I'm currently reading Vector Prime, and the map in the beginning simply says "Empire" for that small section. Maybe it says "Imperial Remnant" in one of the other NJO books, I don't remember, but in VP, it's simply "Empire".

Originally posted by DashRendar1

In the inside of a NJO book, there is a map of the galaxy. There is a samll part called "Imperial Remnant" or something. They control three of four planets.

The Remnant is larger than that. They are just listing the major planets they still control.

Keep in mind when looking at that map that the galaxy contains thousands if not millions of planets not shown.

Your not talking about the NJO are you?

The NR took Coruscant and the other major core worlds decades before the time period of the NJO. The first 3 parts of the X-Wing series deals alot with the conquest of the core planets.

Archived