Home

Does anyone else find Desann easy?

coldsun22

I just finished playing single-player on jedi-knight and i found Desann to be really easy to beat. I talked to a few other people who owned the game and they also said he was easy. If he is the last boss, shouldn't he be more of a challenge?

big time easy, as ive said before, the entire game is easy =P

i went through the "big D" only gettnig hit a few times without even observing his "tactics"

i agree with you completely, but the game is consistently easy; its not just desann that is simple minded =)

well, i thought on jedi master against him, and imo he wasn't that easy, his super grip and super lightning really sucked and i had to take many tries befor i could beat him for good.

maybe im just a bad player and he's not so tough, maybe he becomes invincible on jedi master...

Lol well I haven't played SP before, and I whored MP loads.

I am pretty good at FPS as a rule, and I have yet to find someone who can best me in a duel.

My brother, who has played through the entire SP, dispatched Desann very easily, and then I had a go, and couldn't do it.

I won't list all the reasons why he is nearly impossible for me to beat, because it's way too embarrasing!

However, I can own my brother quite satisfactorily in MP ;)

I would conclude that this is probably due to the fact that fighting in SP and fighting in MP are completely different creatures...

of course it is, above all because your enemy in mp can't possibly know what you are going to do, while a AI can anticipate it due to the fact that the moves you are doing are precached (i don't know if that is exactly so, but i think you're catching my drift)

btw, you haven't found someone who can best you in duel? maybe we should duel some time :)

SPOILERS***

I just finished the SP game last night and couldn't wait to finally meet Desann...but he sucked big time. For a final battle, the opponent and the location sucked. I was hoping to fight him in some sci-fi tech looking location with lots of room to jump around and fight. But it was just in a little sand pit after going through a bunch of stupid "trials". Lame. Great game though for the most part.

Yep, he is one easy cookie to beat.

I just go light style (I know people usually do strong, but I prefer light), and just twack him like a madman, usualy adding tons of spins and the like. I believe the whole idea is to be quick, not strong.

True, the ending could of been more "dramatic." I felt as if the last showdown was rushed just to finish off development! I mean, StarWars is known for its ultra dramatic endings, and this one did no justice.

I found the Tavion duel on Bespin more challenging and fun.

Originally posted by [Dom_Pmd]

True, the ending could of been more "dramatic." I felt as if the last showdown was rushed just to finish off development! I mean, StarWars is known for its ultra dramatic endings, and this one did no justice.

I found the Tavion duel on Bespin more challenging and fun.

Interesting ... and true ...

With Tavion, it lasted much longer, and required better technique. For Dessan it is tactics - I tried to 'toe-to-toe' him and got clobbered repeatedly. Then I took a 'light vs. dark' approach, light style, speed, and the like, and then owned him repeatedly.

However ... the 'learning curve' is better on this game than others like RtCW and MoH:AA ...

Between these posts I went out and beat the Forest level in RtCW again ... that level took me seemingly forever the first time, now I go through it is a few minutes. The 'sniper town' level in MoH:AA is the similar - all learning curve, no replay. The 'stealth' level in JKII, which I just beat the 3rd time through, still takes quite a bit of time and care - and there are multiple ways to play it ...

When I first fought Desann, I was owned a few times, then I decided to try using a lot of force speed. It worked great and before I knew it, he was dead. I haven't tried the pillar thing yet.

I agree that the last battle with Desann sucked pretty bad. The fight with Tavion was much better.

Archived