Home

Real Sabers (Jedi Academy)

JediSith999

Do these 200 dollar+ toy lightsabers even have any sound effects? Because the 20 dollar toy lightsabers made by Hasbro do, plus the blade extends (even though it has the bad overlaps), is somewhat durable and safe... And like I said, its hella cheaper...

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, they do not have sounds, although lightec are currently producing a sound unit for thier sabers :)

Its anot all about the sounds though, i ould much rather have a $200 Good looking replica lightsaber than a $20 plastic lump with no aesthetics...

Have you even seen these sabers in action??

head over to Lightec and check out the demos, the guys doing them look wierd lol, but the sabers look cool :)

Also check out the look of the sabers and how good they look :)

Well there was one HUGE benefit I saw at lightech, which made me choose them. They say their sabers are MADE for DUELING. And what good is it to have a saber that is to fragile to play with. On parks site, I do NOT see anything about dueling with them. I guess they are to fragile. So If you wanna duel and have fun with your lightsaber, its lightech, if you wanna have a fancy show off saber, to keep it in a special case, and show it off, i guess get park, but either way its your choice. Also just let me know if you order one, just leave ur name on the message board. And if you choose lightech, prepare to duel!

These sabers looked cool, but their blades are definetly not made for duelling, since the are composed of a glass tube with Neon/Argon for the blade colour, with a plastic tubing around it, so they would be flimsy

BUT

The effect they give is VERY cool, if the Electrolumnesant blades did this, it would be sweeeet :D

http://www.amazing1.com/Graphics/saberprac.mpeg

:dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber:

EDIT: btw, the sound is added, so don't wet yourself :p

Thats cool, but I hate to brake it to you, those sabers are 1800 dollars, yes 1800. I am not sure that is a reasonable price just for the effect of it goin up and down LOL. Put those are awesome. I cant wait, the academy is oepening soon, REAL soon, and Im gettin a saber from lightech soon, I CANT WAIT!

HAHHAHA I CANT BELIEVE U GUYS ARE ACTUALLY CONSIDERING BUYING WORTHLESS CRAP LIKE THAT AAAAAAAAAGHHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! COME ON REALLY? YOU THINK YOUR GONNA LICHTSAER FIGHT HAHAH WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY WHY DONT U JUST GIVE ME YOUR MONEY AND ILL SEND YOU A PEICE OF **** DOES THE SAME THING...........NOTHING!!!!!!

user, what is your problem? Surly what people wish to spend thier money on, collect and how they use it is thier business and not anything to do with you, please keep your negative comments to yourself.

jediSith, you ordred your saber yet? I should be getting my defender mid next week...which did u order? ;)

No JediSith, the sabers on Amazing1 are actually cheaper than the ones constructed from the antique Hieland Flashguns which were shown in an earlier post, but as i said, they are much more easy to break, because of what they are made out of

A saber with a 36 inch blade for instance...

SAB36 - (color) 36" Saber w/Blade...............................$149.95*

[HOT] They look cool, as do loads of diff ones out there, but i think i would reccommend Lightec as a good mid price saber dealer with good looking sabers that are supposedly indetructable (almost!) and could withsatdn dueling punishment and being dropped while trying cool spins in your hand!! lol

Also, have you seen thier lightstaff?!??! HELL THEY ROCK!

Im pretty sure im getting a defender, either red or blue blade, SUCH A HARD CHOICE. I think im gonna pick one out of a hat heheh

Wow those are really cool effects, but I bet they are so fragile, that if you drop em they will shatter. But they have a nice effect, nice find.

- Ross "JediSith999" Berger

Jedi Academy Leader

*EDIT*

Added message.

Originally posted by JediSith999

Well there was one HUGE benefit I saw at lightech, which made me choose them. They say their sabers are MADE for DUELING. And what good is it to have a saber that is to fragile to play with. On parks site, I do NOT see anything about dueling with them. I guess they are to fragile. So If you wanna duel and have fun with your lightsaber, its lightech, if you wanna have a fancy show off saber, to keep it in a special case, and show it off, i guess get park, but either way its your choice. Also just let me know if you order one, just leave ur name on the message board. And if you choose lightech, prepare to duel!

I talked to Jeff about that,

he says it's a pre-sue measure. Cause well u know the usa, they tend to sue everyone theyre :).

It's the same reason why ParkSabers have a red top on the end of their blades, it prevents people from poking their eyes out :)

But Parks assured me that hi's sabers are build for dueling.

Hell I know someone who drove over hi's blade with hi's car and it didnt even had a scratch :) I believe he's also on the forums here.

greetz,

Ascari

lol, its cool that he could drive over it and it was ok, but what kind of guy in his right mind drives over a Multi 100 $$$$ piece of artwork?? lol :)

Some ppl scare me!!! :)

JediSith: I know what you mean about the difficult color decision, like i said before i really dunno which to get, i would lvoe sith red, but my girlfriend says to get green or blue, so i just told Mike to choose one that he thinks would match the defender well!! lol

Damn it i will wanna duel someone after this!! What shall i do?!?! lol

This is what it says on the ParkSabers site about their blades

Blade: True 360° EL (electro-luminescent) lamp

¾" o.d. x ½" i.d. polycarbonite blade housing

Electro-Luminescent / Indiglo™ Lamp

40" Long blade (36" out of the saber hilt).

Easily detachable.

Strongly secured.

Virtually unbreakable.

As for duelling, i think it would be quite possible with a Parks saber, but it does have this disclaimer on the site also

The Echelon™ Saber, and or any other Saber is not intended for simulated sword play or fencing. Parks™ Sabers should never be thrown or swung around people, pets, or property. It should not be worn during any kind of physical activity including running, jumping, or walking down stairs. These statements are for the protection of the owner. Parks™ Sabers accepts no liability in the misuse of its products.

Originally posted by [HoT]Dark-Sith

This is what it says on the ParkSabers site about their blades

As for duelling, i think it would be quite possible with a Parks saber, but it does have this disclaimer on the site also

Like i said, it's for legal purposes :)

And the guy who drove over hi's lightsaber was testing hi's warranty :)

I think i saw that guy posting about sabers on here before, thats where i heard of them first

Also, he said that the red tip on the end is fairly easily removed, thankfully, because (even though i AM getting a red saber), can you imagine how crap it would look to have a blue saber with a red tip...no no no :D

Is it just me...or shoudl those red tip be optional? lol :) Aahh well, as long as they are easily removed....

Luckily the Lightec ones are clean, no dots!! lol :o)

I think i'll test my warrenty carefuly, if someone has ran over thiers thata good enough for me!! lol.

Btw: Was this car crushing incident done on lightec or parks?

:trooper:Hey, you there

:jawa What?

:trooper: lets see some ID

The guy ran over a parksabers blade...

and jedisith999 that does say a lot about parksabers hilt

Cause the guy in the care didnt run over the blade but on the blade attached was the hilt. So the hilt had a lot of pressure as well...

It's kind of expensive though... 95 bux. you could get the plastic ones that are almost the same size and make noises and glow and everything. Alot cheaper anyway and still as much fun :). But I'd like to get one of those myself :)

Archived