Home

Real Sabers (Jedi Academy)

JediSith999

Well, its good that the Lightec and Park's blades are looking indestructable, i for one, will not be running mine over!!! :)

Should hopefully have mine by this time next week!

:trooper: Come to daddy! :)

Oh, and [HOT] Good game on JKII last night, why were u on XVTie?? Shoulda been on XWAlliance... :)

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by JediSith999

true there is pressure on the hilt, but NONE compared to the pressure on the blade, so therefore the BLADE is indestructable, i bet if you ran over the hilt it could brake, or fry those tiny on/off switch circuits.

I thought u said that u think there are no on/off switches on the parksabers? lol :)

Let me just ensure everyone, there are on/off switches on the parksabers :)

they even have shiny leds on some of parksabers.

This is 1 of the reasons the Rogue is a bit cheaper then the rest because it doesnt have those leds.

Originally posted by L'Equa Sinar

I heard most lightec ones do have LED's too, and seeing as they are the offical Saber of the JEDI ACADEMY (shameless plug) i think we should not forget them!!

Ever noticed how ppl seem confident in Lightec, but with parks its seeming like "can i break it?" "is there led's?" "is there a switch?" Sorry to soudn negative to parks, but go lightec go! :)

I disagree, their are hundreds of positive ParkSabers reviews. In fact I have never seen a negative review.

As far as lightech i have only seen 1 review, it was positive though.

I also dont like how Lightec says they are the first company with true 360 degrees EL light. Since ParkSabers was definatly earlier.

Originally posted by L'Equa Sinar

Ok, fair enough, there have been lots of parks positive reviews... although they have been said to break a bit as well, read pge 1 of this thread.... :-\

yeah well, saying that their is no on/off switch on the parksaber makes me think he was just lying. I for one wouldnt be surprised if JediSith999 get's a free lightech saber for hi's promoting campaign :)

edit:

Remember he is also selling them at the Jedi Academy page

Originally posted by Ascari

Remember he is also selling them at the Jedi Academy page

I've spoken with him about that. He tells me hes getting nothing for free from these guys. The ads on the JA page really bug me too. :(

What is Electro-Luminescent Blade Technology?

EL is a phosphorous material that when charged with electricity glows like neon or real lightsabers, if you will. This form of technology is very durable and creates a brilliant lightsaber glow.

Can I duel with your these lightsabers?

The answer is YES! Our lightsabers are designed virtually unbreakable! You buy these lightsabers not only to impress but to have fun with.

Will the blade fly off the hilt during a "duel"?

No, the lightsaber is equipped with a securing mechanism for the blade.

What are the brightest colors for the blade?

The brightest colors are Green, Blue & Red.

Does the light travel up and down the blade?

No, being a product utilizing EL current technology does not allow the light to "travel". It is however comparable to the way an indigo watch comes on.

I've seen some pictures that show a red tip on the lightsaber, is that how it comes?

No, if you refer to actual pictures of the lightsabers you will notice that the red tips have been removed.

This is on the Buy Star Wars Stuff FAQ section, so i'm happy with all of the above :D

:dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber:

Well, go to lightech industries and it says something exactly like that, go to the faqs section or , it says it there;

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

What is EL?

EL is short for electroluminescent. EL is a

phosphorous material that when charged

with electricity it glows like neon. Though

not quite as bright as neon, EL is much

more durable making our sabers have

the capability for dueling!

Can I duel with your LIGHTECH Sabers?

The answer is YES!

We use polycarbonate tubes for our

saber blades which can withstand extreme

punishment and are nearly unbreakable!

etc. etc. etc.

*EDIT*

Added that from thier site

Well listen to this. About me and my "Ad Campaign"(excuse spelling).

I do NOT get anything for free. My ad campain is just to help promot their site, as I promote their site, then he may help promote my site, in a cycle.

- Ross "JediSith999" Berger

Jedi Academy Leader

if you really want to sword duel then you should get a bamboo practice sword..and get into Kendo. at Kendo academies they teach you actual sword techniques that you can use. they run for about 12 bucks and are VERY hard to break. I imagine replica lightsabers would break eventually. but if you really want to impress your friends get a Katana.. although they won't break when dueling i wouldn't recommend it as they are extremely sharp :D

Katana29f.jpg

Im ordering my tommorow, yay! A lightech Defender with a green blade, im bringing mine to the movies! Woo Hoo!

BTW, I think my camera works so I will take screenshots and movies (of the saber) of it etc.

- Ross "JediSith999" Berger

-Jedi Academy Leader

JediSith, good for you man!!! I ordered mine tuesday, they said they are very busy but mine is being shipped out friday, so thts great news fr me, should have it by next weds/thursday, lightec Defender, with random blade :D

Hope you enjoy yous as much as i will enjoy mine! :D

Oh come now, I suggest fencing and everyone ignores me but right after someone mentions a Katana he gets a reply? FENCING IS BETTER!

BTW is kendo (or what eva) an olympic event? If so I might wanna get tickets next time to see it. I would like to see all these WANNABE fencers with katanas.

UP WITH FENCING DOWN WITH EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!!!!

[And now for a disclaimer : All stated here are entirely my oppinions and if you dont like them then my oppinion over rules yours. If your reading this then your not fencing and thus should be hung. Also note this is all in good fun and I mean no disrespect.]

get a Katana.. although they won't break when dueling

Errrmm Swords do break. They also require constant sharpening to keep any flaws from becoming too bad and damaging the blade. Also all the money you will spend on metal glow and other anti rust thingys. I would go with a lighttech just for the design... parksaber design didn't appeal to me. But then my green shader died on my moniture so I know where my money is going.

And if your looking for a really cheep thing to dual with(quality kendo swords still run 50 to 100 bucks and can easly break arms/fingers) go to your local hardwear store and get some pvc pipe, foam pipe insulator and some ducktape... can make about 4 "swords" for under 10 bucks.

lol, maybe a really cheap 30 dollar sword. but if you spend 100 and get yourself a nice, full tang katana (blade goes all the way through the hilt), made out of 420 stainless steel, it wont break. i haven't bought any "chemicals" or anything to prevent the blade from rusting, as it does not get wet. i've had it for about 2 years and the blade still shines like new.

I'd just like to say WTF???

Why are we talking about Kendo sticks, Katanas and the like on here?

This is a STAR WARS forum, which is why we are all so interesting in LIGHTSABERS! (Hmm, i see a pattern developing here...) :p

Obviously if we REALLY wanted to duel or to hurt someone, we would be buying/and or taking classes for things that you have suggested

But c'mon guys, let us have our fun with the sabers here :p

:dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber: :dsaber:

Archived