Home

Vader model

sithlord-II

hey tusken, sounds like the problem you have is the r_hand tag hasn't been assigned properly, it either isn't linked to the hand bones or was completely deleted

take a look at the original kyle model, import it into 3d studio or take a check at all the parts on it in modview

that is the only thing i can really think of.

i can get vader to use a saber etc in multiplay, and if i have his model replace kyle the sword shows up properly (his left hand is another story... i got it working but its off a little bit, it think its one of the effector bones that was accidentally modified or something)

:)

i'll be takign a look at my model again to make sure somethign isn't off, since it works in MP i assumed it should be ok for SP, but i guess i was wrong

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again, nice work! Wow! I think I may have been a little too dramatic about the helmet issue. From the front, there is a polygonal bend in the bell of the helmet that I mistook for the tips. The bottom may still be up a little too high, but from the side, it looks a lot better (referring to the first In-Game shot). With some minor modifications to the cloak and the helmet bottom, I think you're golden!

Keep up the good work! We only criticize so that you will have a model that will blow the minds of all the Star Wars gaming community!

Anyone know if it is possible to model like this in ancient programs like Ray Dream Studio or Poser, and still be able to insert it in the game?

-Josh

I believe those of you looking to spawn npcs with the saber are looking in the wrong place.

When I was crusing the q3 bot AI scripts, I noticed weapon preference, you need to find that file and the NPC will go along with whatever weapon he/she likes most.

percentage? heh ok

well

model, %60 done - due to LOD models needing to be created, shouldn't be a problem though

Skeletal setup, %90, just needs some final tweaking, setting up the LOD models

texture, %90, some final touches needed

shaders, %0, getting started on those

taunt and voice setup, %30-40, still need some good death yells, groans, etc

taunts shouldn't be a problem, i haev more than enough

beyond that, i'm workign on implementing vader as a bot and nPC character

and one other object, cape

realistically right now the cape is just a mesh bound to the skeleton, so it could either be around %80 or %0. The mesh is created and looks okay ingame but it doesnt act as a cape.

*chants* Vader Boba Jango LadySith Vader Boba Jango LadySith Vader Boba Ja...*trails off* I can't wait to cut off Vader's hand. If I had to pick a sound for that, I'd agree that the gaaaaaaa! sound he makes when his hand gets cut off would be awesome. If you want to make it amusing as well, every time he gets his hand cut off, and falls to his knees screaming, you should have the GAAAAA! but also have that freakish music they played during the hand-loping sequence :) *LAUGHS*

First off, thank the sithlord a vader model is being made. But i was just going add that you should make vader walk with the saber in one hand. I notice desann kind of does this to. Vader does it in the movie which gives him that meancing "this is to easy" feel. just a sugustion....keep up the good work

your right about the "one handed" walking, but by default every one stands with the saber in two hands, even Desann. But Desann is the only one that does one handed attacks. Or aleast i think so...its like he's in heavy stance, but he's not that slow. Also, no one in the game blocks with one hand. I guess what im trying to say is that vader needs a "one-handed" kinda style to give the impression that he's not trying, but still in control. It might be more trouble then its worth, but i just thought i would throw out the idea.

I was wondering what was going to make this model really feel like Vader, and you guys nailed it on the spot! It's the way he moves, swinging the saber with one hand and sometimes putting his whole upper body into the motion. This would be cool!

As for the music, I think the soundtrack that backs the level "Yavin Final" is the track for the duel between Luke and Vader in ROTJ. Making this the track for one of the multiplayer levels is probably just a matter of changing scripts/moving files. Check the mods on jediknightii.net because I think someone wrote a mod to change one of the multiplayer maps to include the duel music from the last level in the game. I KNOW there is a mod written to include "Duel of Fates" in the game. :)

-Josh

Have you tried emailing the game developers at raven soft to see what their ideas might be for a more fluid cape? I can't help but wonder if that may be why they didnt include a Vader model. But they may have some thoughts on how to do things a little easier. And they seem to be real people friendly (here's hoping they do an expansion)

Okay. JK2 is based on the Quake 3 Team Arena engine. Now, we all know that, that engine has flags that whip in the wind (CTF). So, just figure out how that happened, and you can get yourself a fluid cape. :)

*blushes* Um..er...crap. Or was it Unreal Tournament that had the flapping flags?

if you wanna have new animations then you have to copy the _humanoid.gla and add the cape bones....

then re animate the cape for every single animation *coughs*

well you dont have to animate all the single player animations though... however this will cause the cape to look weird in SP...

and it cant be done without SoftImageXSI

Archived