Home

Vader model

sithlord-II

deformations are nice, i see ingame the knees overlap a bit so i'll have to fix that up abit

:)

got the skeletal issues i had fixed up a bit, but i'm gonna play around with a bit more of this stuff to get the textures right

put him into the game as a bot for SP for the hell of it, cant figure out how to give him a different weapon - he just fires off a blaster for now. for MP as a bot, its no issue

heheheh

http://www.geocities.com/sithlordiii2001/vader_ingame3.txt

http://www.geocities.com/sithlordiii2001/vader_ingame4.txt

after seeing this i'll be touching up some textures, and i noticed the cape wasn't showing up textured, but i had modified a skin file for the model

coming nicely though

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOLY CRAP! ALL THIS WAITING HAS BEEN VERY VERY WELL WORTH IT!

P.S. Sithlord, I was wondering, would it be possible to make it a SP bot, so for instance, i could do "npc spawn vader" and it would spawn him with Desann's AI and saber stance? If not, would it be possible for someone to release a "Replace Desann WIth Vader in SP" mod? THanks AND KEEP UP THE INSANELY AWESOME WORK

Sithlord, I have a question for you. Not to nitpick I think the model will be fine even if it moves at the speed of the others, Vader never had to vs. Luke he was trying to convert him not kill him, and as he kept up with luke just fine I guess he wouldnt have needed too; but I was wondering will this model have Vaders hight advantage or will he be basically the same size as everyone else.

this is for the people that are really interested in vader's taunts and sounds...I searched like a mad-man for a vader skin early on, yes, I searched for a skin...not a model, i was desperate for anything...but anyway, the only thing i could come up with was a redone reborn skin with a shiny face that replaced the actual reborn skin in mp. The point is that somebody already had vader taunts ie: "I am your father", "pathetic attempt", "behold the power of the dark side", and when you jumped he made the vader-breathing noise...some were pretty decent. I don't know if this helps at all, but if you guys wanted the sounds I figured you should know that they already exist

...and keep up the good work, but just so you know its because of you and your great modelling that i refresh this thread about every 10 minutes to see if anything new is out...I hope your happy

(i certainly am)

in MP unfortunately all the character models are kept the same, it would appear, so he does not have much of a height advantage, currently, in MP. For SP though, you can have the vader be as big as you want when he is an enemy. I have him setup to be about the same size as desann in SP right now, i'm still working on setting up vader to use the saber for SP.

and right now i can already spawn him as NPC

just need to work out the kinks

Sith-Lord II....

Amazing work placing the model in the game!

However, there is a helemt issue I really think should be addressed at some point before the final release. The tapered bottom appears to be shaped incorrectly. The tips (wings, or whatever you want to call them) of the tapered bottom need to be level with the tusks of the face mask. The rest of the helemt's bell-shaped bottom then slopes down as it curves around the back. Right now, the tips of the tapered bottom are up too high and out too far, giving a slight winged look. To regain balance in the head after this adjustment, you can add a tiny bit more neck height and forward length.

But again, awesome job building the model. It looks great otherwise, especially the chest plate and belt.

-Josh

I can`t believe some people are picking fault with this model, It`s a work of art. Raven themselves could not have done a better job. I know a bit of criticism is a good thing but c`mon guys give sithlord-II a break.

I am sure the critics will be silenced when it`s released (hopefully SOON !)

OMG OMG OMG AWSOME!!! But... the one an ONLY problem I have with it : The Cape

Ever buy a darth vader action figure (lol)? The cape looks all bent out like a piece of tin foil. What you need to do, is make the cape less staticky.

Otherwise, GREAT JOB KID THAT WAS ONE IN A MILLION! I'm going to use this model anyway, I'll be going against him in single player instead of fighting desann :D!

wOOt nice job but.....

for 1 of ur in game screen shots, i noticed when u r being vader, the cloak doesn't really bring up the fluidity or the imposing look of vader... (its hard to describe) perhaps u can tweak it a litttle bit more :D but i gotta tell u. U DID GREAT SITHLORD

I'm also trying to add some SP npc enemies in SP in npcs.cfg , I started with Maul but when I copy a line from lets say tavion, paste it down under the testmodel and rename it all to Maul and spawn him ingame the Maul model shows up but he has a gun in his/ under his groin and he fires it from there. Acting like a darn dumb stormtrooper when I gripped him raising his hands. But that's not what I wanted...

This is what it looked like with the gun:

Maul

{

playerModel ulthood

saberColor red

reactions 5

aim 5

move 5

aggression 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

hfov 120

vfov 120

playerTeam enemy

enemyTeam player

// race human

class tavion

snd desann

sndcombat desann

sndjedi desann

yawSpeed 60

walkSpeed 45

runSpeed 185

health 400

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 20

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbHands 30

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

I wanted Maul to have a lightsaber so I tried something else I replaced a dumb useless reborn, not the reborn title only the playermodel with the Maul model directory and ingame Maul shows up with a lightsaber but the lightsaber is in his groin and ignited through his chest and head. I can't put the saber in his hands and thus Maul swings with empty hands and blocks my saber slashes with empty hands it looks pretty darn silly, actually it looks very moronic.

This is how it looks now:

Reborn

{

playerModel ulthood

saberColor red

reactions 5

aim 5

move 5

aggression 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

hfov 120

vfov 120

playerTeam enemy

enemyTeam player

// race human

class reborn

snd desann

sndcombat desann

sndjedi desann

yawSpeed 60

walkSpeed 45

runSpeed 185

health 400

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 20

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbHands 30

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

Anyone know how to get the saber in his hands?? :confused:

And sithlord yer skin looks great! Can't wait to spawn Luke and Vader in SP and let them fight eachother to dead! LOL :D

Sorry for the long post in your thread, but maybe you have the same problem I have with the SP bot. :p

you could have posted this as a new thread though....

Well actually there is already a thread posted in the general editing forum by me, but since it looked like sithlord has the same problem like me, because i also couldn't get a gun at first so i thought i would post it here also.

EDIT: i also couldn't get a saber at first.

And i also posted it here to share some information about npc spawning to sithlord, maybe he could help me with the saber placing.

But enough of this ya'll go back to pray to your Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader. Hail Vader!

:lsduel:

Archived