Home

Vader model

sithlord-II

I agree Sith, I'm sure your not even thinking about usin that other head. Its a good head but its not yours. However it would take me all of 3 minutes to optimize that head, as far as that goes. But your Vader is awsome , just hurry up and release that damn thing. As for me and my Yoda, its gonna be a little bit before I release. For one, I need to get a Wacom tablet so I can texture him, and that wont be for another two weeks:( If anyone wants to give it a shot, let me know. Also the animation and sizing thing ,may be a beeaatch! Anyway Vader is AWSOME Sith! Who you gonna do next?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be happy to let you use it Sith. I still have to optimize it and add some finishing touches, etc. Its 670 poly's as of right now. If you'd like to talk about it my icq its 10009158 or aim bbkarrtoon.

Originally posted by nls

I would be happy to let you use it Sith. I still have to optimize it and add some finishing touches, etc. Its 670 poly's as of right now. If you'd like to talk about it my icq its 10009158 or aim bbkarrtoon.

SWEET!!!

I have an insane ammountof respect for the both of you. I dont care if the head swap does delay the release further. This is gonna be one of the best Vader models of all time...

Team work is not a bad thing.

Absath and I are the living proof of that.

SithLord-II and I have also worked together, not in the sharing of work but in shring of knowledge.

Both models are looking good so my "thumbs up" go both ways. As long as everybody's happy, specially the modelers regarding their works.

Cheerio

its gonna look so f1_1ckin good if they you guys team up. whoever says that a one man team is better than two is a foo. like it was said earlier, with his vader head and your vader body, it would turn out to be the best thing to hit JO. if not, then it still would be, (i'm a vader fan).

NLS, excellent Vader head! What I couldn't quite explain you just...well.. DID! The proprtions seem right, the helemt slopes right and is the correct length. Kudos!

However, as many of you have said, we can't put down the work SithLord has done one bit. Good job to you, too! I would download your model even with the head you screwed on his shoulders, which is very close, I must say.

Keep it up!

i'll post up a few shots tonite

:)

think i might have the dismemberment figured out too, gonna do some more testing

i figure it will be ready soon for those who want it- i'm currently actually sampling vader sounds into my system from my VCR, i'll try and extract a good failed respirator sound, vader's pain noises (when he gets kicked off the carbon freeze chamber, gets his shoulder cut in ESB, gets kicked down stairs in ROTJ, and finally has his hand cut off in ROTJ)

i'll see how they turn out, and if the other vader models want to use these sounds just LMK

images should be up soon

currently it still has my old head, haven't looked at using NLS's head yet, although he has given me permission to use his

How's the cape coming along? This is the one item I have been interested in seeing how you solve. Also, I forget; are you still planning on that innercloak?

Bloodriot's Fetts seem to have stumbled on shader usage on the metalic-only parts / versus the entire model. Did you ever solve that problem? -- Just curious

Can't wait to see Darth dismembered!!

:explode:

heheh

not so much sick of vader as it is fighting with learning to import the model, and fighting with problems (most are fixed... 2 main issues remain right now and i think i have one of them down pat... for some reason his left hand still does not want to line up with the saber, i think i might try a bit of a different approach for this matter)

Nothing shows up inside out now, the shaders are almost done (still transparent, but i have his chestbox lighting up, the three lights blink independently... ;) i like that effect, looks very cool, shines out in the darknes... his helm looks tite now, the dome that is... with a bit of a glossy effect and specular highlights, it looks pretty nice... i'll try and get a shot, but it looks much better ingame than in any stills... its not too bad now i must say.

did up some quick team skins, just blue and red

and i haven't quite figured out about having the armor only affected by an environment map, may not be possible, but as it is, the armor does look pretty good ingame IMO, and the helmet and mask are the real parts that people notice for the shine

the chestbox should hopefully take some attention away from the lack of shine to the armor hopefully... heh

and if you notice something odd about the chestbox in the ingame6 shot, its because its still transparent, i'm still playing with the shader on it. the lights do animate for it right now. another thing to notice on this model: some slight break on upper arm (i think i'll just have to redo the UV mapping.. ugh.). hands on models are a slightly lighter color than on the arms... and if you look closely the back of vader's legs seem to bump out of the top of his thighs... jeez... heheh i've tried a few methods to fix this, still have a few more to try over the next day or two

and i'll extend the ridge from vader's cheekbone to the tip of his nose next too, just gotta touch the texture for the face up a bit. Plus the inside of his mouth

http://www.geocities.com/sithlordiii2001/icon_blue.txt

http://www.geocities.com/sithlordiii2001/icon_red.txt

http://www.geocities.com/sithlordiii2001/vader_ingame6.txt

http://www.geocities.com/sithlordiii2001/vader_ingame_colors.txt

i've been a bit busy, personal life and all, but i do plan on having this finished soon... really...

heheh

Hey Sith,

Good old Yahoo is now barking about how your site has exceeded its maximum data transfer rate. Can't get to those pictures because of it. I'll try again later, but I'm sure you've impressed us all once again. Good work!

Originally posted by sithlord-II

i'm currently actually sampling vader sounds into my system from my VCR, i'll try and extract a good failed respirator sound, vader's pain noises (when he gets kicked off the carbon freeze chamber, gets his shoulder cut in ESB, gets kicked down stairs in ROTJ, and finally has his hand cut off in ROTJ)

i'll see how they turn out

Though your sounds are probably better, I sampled the ESB noises anyhow. Just in case you haven't gotten to it yet, I want to save you some time. :)

http://php.indiana.edu/~jtwalker/Other/clip2.wav

http://php.indiana.edu/~jtwalker/Other/clip3.wav

hmmmmm if sithlord just gimme half of his donation money then i can probably buy myself a mercedes :D hheheheh

btw NICEEE JOB except that i think the vader skirt will be a plus if u could just addddd it to the already fantastic vader (we all want our little annie to be perfect right?) :D

hey kuroshi, thank you, those sounds will come in handy. i'll definitely be using those, and i have a few sounds to play with from ROTJ now too, gonna get those cleaned up

and i'm putting the inner cloak/skirt on him as we speak...

Archived