Home

My First Go At 3dsm Art

Boba Rhett

Well, I got the program 3d Studio Max last week and I've spent the better part of this week trying to figure out what I'm looking at whenever I'd start it up. :D Now that I'm finally learning how some of the things work, I set out on making my first 3d rendering in it with lighting effects, reflections, shadows, etc. Here's a picture of what I churned out...be gentle. :D

43kb

Rhett I know exactly what you mean. (the part about tring to figure out what the heck you are looking at)

A friend of mine has it...I wanted to check it out and see what it could do...I think I made a straight line...;)

It has too steep of a learning curve for me. If I ever get it I'm going to have him explain how to do it because it's impossible.

So when is that Moncal model for JO coming?

That reminds me...Rhett...since you have 3DSM...would you mind (in your spare time of course) making a wonderful Jawa skin for all those jawa fans out there?:)

AND MAKE SURE IT'S GOOD!!! OR ELSE TJC IS GOING TO SEND JEDI JAWA COMMANDOS TO KILL YOU AND THEN DRAG YOUR BODY THROUGH THE STREETS!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a deal?;)

Originally posted by darthfergie

AND MAKE SURE IT'S GOOD!!! OR ELSE TJC IS GOING TO SEND JEDI JAWA COMMANDOS TO KILL YOU AND THEN DRAG YOUR BODY THROUGH THE STREETS!!!!!!!!!

And where may I ask are you gonna get those?:p

Uh why don't you try JK editing first? After all it's most likely easier.

Ok so the real reason I said that is cuz I don't have JO, but will you anyway?:D

JK editing doesn't require 3DSM...in fact 3DSM probably doesn't support it. 3DSM is mainly for the NEW 3d games. Most companies use it in their 3d games now.

BTW, I have 4 Legions of Jawa Commandos armed with Ebola Spears and Lightsabers on my Super Star Destroyer;)

Wow! You must be broke!;)

O well they will be no match for my 15 Mon Calamarian MC80 Star Cruisers, filled with Ewoks equiped with Quad-Cannons.:D

I'll match your 15 Cruisers and raise you half a dozen plus the SSD already on the table. BEAT THAT;)

okay time to stop spaming...both of you!;) -darthfergie

Ahhh shucks why? It's so much fun!;)

Archived