Home

Work in Progress - Guard

Goreld

Okay, I love the models....except for one thing....I doubt it's the model or your fault or anything...but for some reason, I can't see the guard or Kanos's heads. O.o..this is very odd. the other guy(I'm not a big E.U. fan..so i haven't gotten his name down yet) works fine, though...anyone got any suggestions?

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lord Tnuc, that's rather odd. I'm not applying a shader to any of the heads. Maybe the other royal guard model is conflicting with this one? See if using only one or the other at a time works better.

Oh, and even if the doppelganger wasn't being sarcastic (I assume he's being sarcastic), I'd welcome another model for the royal guard. There's always something new to learn from other people's artistic styles.

I'll let the people who use the models decide which one they like more for themselves; try them out and choose for yourself.

This model is great, infact I've allready made myself a little mod with it.

I replaced the Reborn and Reborn Fencer with regular Gaurd

Reborn ForceUser and Acrobat with Kanos

Rebron Boss with Jax

Also made another with the same as above, and replaced Kyle with Kanos.

put them into a folder in the Gamedata section so it didnt replace any multiplayer models, and its accessed from the Mod Menu.

Thank you for this awsome model.

If I do an update, it'll be more than an extremely minor fix. Yeah, the model isn't perfect, but I don't want to force people to download it all over every time there's an itty bitty problem. There's some other stuff I'm considering tweaking anyways, so if I update, it'll be a bunch of stuff at once.

Sweet! It's awesome Goreld! The Royal Guards are the best looking SW characters imo, and your model is a great representasion of them.

Maybe fix the lightining prob, add bots, see if somone can get some sounds, and maybe even add more skins (wasn't there a yellow one in the comic book?) for version 1.1?

Just a side note; are you planning any other JKII models?

P.S. The blue skins are cool.

StarViperPilot:

Yes there was a yellow uniform, but not really.

You're thinking of the training uniform that Kir Kanos wore. Carnor Jax had a blue one, Burr Danid had a green one (and got totally destroyed by Vader), and there were also other trainees with purple, PINK, mauve, and white (page 23 of the Crimson Empire TPB) uniforms. However, the shape of the uniform doesn't really fit with the full-fledged Royal Guard outfit. Someone else might want to try their hand at a skin for it, though.

As for new models, not sure what I'm going to do next.

For updating, I'm still a little iffy on it (I've spent enough time on this one as it is), but it may have sounds from one of my friends, along with various other tweaks. I can't guarantee anything though; I'm taking a break from doing various artwork for a few days, to program some stuff and goof off- I'll decide when I'm ready to mess with stuff again.

Odd, Lord Tnuc. Maybe the download screwed up or something? (JK2 will make a body part invisible if it can't find the skin- maybe the part of the zip file with head.jpg in it got screwed up). I know it's a big download, but it's the only thing I can think of, unless there's some other shader file messing with the head.

Archived