Home

Cloning

Ascari

What is your opinion about the respawn via cloning.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion about the respawn via cloning.

• Great Idea
    • Not a good Idea
    • I dont know
    • I would rather have something else

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather see 'normal' saving points, rather than cloning vats. I think a normal respawn would not do either, just hitting the attack button and appearing in town (like Ascari said while I was chatting with him).

Maybe 'ghosts' are a better option;

Every1 has a spirit, when some1 dies this spirit is set free. When a spirit is very strong (mentally strong) it can make itself visible to other people (like Yoda, Anakin and Kenobi could). The other spirits are there....you just can't see em.

In SWG, when you die your spirit appears near the last 'savepoint' you made; you must then go back to your body and drain its material energy to be 'normal' again. If you cant find or recover your body you can go to a healer type character (someone with some power in the force) who can materialize you back to normal. This last option has to have some penaltys so that players don't immidiatly rush to the closest healer after being killed.

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by Zendjir

I would rather see 'normal' saving points, rather than cloning vats. I think a normal respawn would not do either, just hitting the attack button and appearing in town (like Ascari said while I was chatting with him).

Maybe 'ghosts' are a better option;

Every1 has a spirit, when some1 dies this spirit is set free. When a spirit is very strong (mentally strong) it can make itself visible to other people (like Yoda, Anakin and Kenobi could). The other spirits are there....you just can't see em.

In SWG, when you die your spirit appears near the last 'savepoint' you made; you must then go back to your body and drain its material energy to be 'normal' again. If you cant find or recover your body you can go to a healer type character (someone with some power in the force) who can materialize you back to normal. This last option has to have some penaltys so that players don't immidiatly rush to the closest healer after being killed.

just my 2 cents

How will u be able to do this when your body has exploded in a million pieces?

for instance when some1 blows your ship up?

say you die somewhere that's not so safe (why you died in the first place) like alone in the middle of an imperial base surrounded by at-st's and at-at's and the likes....

if your cloned, your basically naked...all your "uninsured" items are on your body. that's got to be a bitch to get them back. perhaps if you log off your corpse will appear in your hut/home or lot?

Originally posted by Saiyan22

say you die somewhere that's not so safe (why you died in the first place) like alone in the middle of an imperial base surrounded by at-st's and at-at's and the likes....

if your cloned, your basically naked...all your "uninsured" items are on your body. that's got to be a bitch to get them back. perhaps if you log off your corpse will appear in your hut/home or lot?

I believe I read somewhere that u can also store your items somewhere...

dont sue me if i'm wrong though.

That's why you have a house ... to leave important items you have collected so you don't lose them. :p

Hey, Juztyns back. :)

What ever you do, people, if Juztyn offers you choclate coated Gnorts. DON'T EAT THEM!!!!! SAY NO!!!! :eek:

You've been warned. :D

hmm, i think they should use something similar to diablo2, where when you die you lose gold(credits) and some exp, and your naked body would respawn in your house. You can go back to wherever you died to get your corpse back or you can just log off and back on and your corpse will be in your house.

Frankly, I predicted this one a LONG time ago.

It stays pretty well with the continuity. It's certainly better than any alternatives that have been posted here.

There is nothing we know of indicating non-Jedi ghosts. There is absolutly NO reason to think that your ghost going back to your body would revive you. And what if your body is floating in a vacuum? (after the space expansion of course)

Just respawning back at your house? Please, that's so not Star Wars. This way gives you a way to do it and stay with the feel of the game.

I think it perfectly fits that you have to go to cloning facilities to create your backup. How else would your clone be made?

The only possibly better way to go (that I can see) is the bacta tank (ie you aren't really dead and could be revived). If you look at our main page you will see the Dev's reasoning for going with cloning over bacta.

I think thats perfectly logical. The more skills you have to store, the more it's going to cost you. I'm really beginning to warm to this idea, it adds a more risk to being killed. Hopefully it makes people take a little more care and treat death a lot more seriously.

If there was nothing to lose, who would care about dying?

<shrug> Thems the breaks of a capitalist society. Go earn some money I suppose.

Who really knows how much it will cost. It doesnt bother me. I'd prefer the challenges to be challenging and I don't expect everything to go my way. If you don't have the $$$ to clone yourself, sit down and work out a way to get those $$$ without risking your life. I'd hate it if everything in SWG was handed to people on a platter.

if you choose a "safer" occupation, like manufacturer or shop keeper where you get exp by making stuff and not having to battle, you won't have to clone yourself as much, cuz your at less risk...

the bountyhunters,soldiers, adventurers who go out and hunt animals/monsters/stormtroopers for exp/drops will be the ones who have to clone themselves more often.

shopkeepers and politicians and city oriented people will just have to worry about pk's and bounties...they won't have to spend as much time in cloning facilities....

perhaps this will be taken under consideration and adventurer types will get cheaper cloaning fees...

Originally posted by Saiyan22

if you choose a "safer" occupation, like manufacturer or shop keeper where you get exp by making stuff and not having to battle, you won't have to clone yourself as much, cuz your at less risk...

the bountyhunters,soldiers, adventurers who go out and hunt animals/monsters/stormtroopers for exp/drops will be the ones who have to clone themselves more often.

shopkeepers and politicians and city oriented people will just have to worry about pk's and bounties...they won't have to spend as much time in cloning facilities....

perhaps this will be taken under consideration and adventurer types will get cheaper cloaning fees...

We have yet to find out how much money 1 clone will cost.

Personally i'm against cloning ( ethically speaking that is )

And my plan is never to die :)

Archived