1. 1. How much would you pay per month?

• $1
    • $5
    • $10
    • $20

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats probly true but you cant be positive i mean this stuff can be pritty expencive i mean we dont know and plus you have to remember these companies r alwasy looking to make a huge profit and thats put aside from all the expences of making the game from employees to materials it all adds up.

well, I checked and sony online entertainment came up at verant.com, so it assume that they're the same company. anyway their mailing contact address is in San Diego, CA. I livein the Suburbs near San Diego, and I have never noticed too many people paying with British currency arround here. so yes, it will proabably be in $s.

*see a nice, logical explanition why it isn't going to be pounds, not flaming;)*

For everyone comparing the amount of subscribers in EQ and UO and SWG; there's one REALLY big difference: When UO was released, there was one MMORPG on the market. When EQ was released, there were two. When SWG arrives, hopefully this autumn, there will be dozens. And within one year, over a hundred. Most will crash and burn pretty bad, yes, but they will still take away a lot of subscribers. One million players? Yes, and santa's my uncle! :D

Originally posted by setsuko

For everyone comparing the amount of subscribers in EQ and UO and SWG; there's one REALLY big difference: When UO was released, there was one MMORPG on the market. When EQ was released, there were two. When SWG arrives, hopefully this autumn, there will be dozens. And within one year, over a hundred. Most will crash and burn pretty bad, yes, but they will still take away a lot of subscribers. One million players? Yes, and santa's my uncle! :D

Oh goody can I ask him for a SW galaxies with no pay-per-month?

:D :D :D

Well, lets look at it this way, Set. ;)

UO isn't SW.

EQ isn't SW.

Hell, nothing out there is Star Wars. :p

But yeah, seriously, 1 million seems alittle too much, even for a Star Wars game. :)

EDIT: Errr, what am I replying to again? If I'm not making sense, just ignore me here. :p

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

EDIT: Errr, what am I replying to again? If I'm not making sense, just ignore me here. :p

You can say THAT again, mr. Garrisson! :D I'm not the best sensemaker around here, either. But thinking that every SW fan on earth will play a PC game because, well, it's about SW, is very naive.

• 4 weeks later...

hmz well i would obviously perfer to play $10. but thats not gonna happen so it will prolly be around $15. But thats USD... and I'm from CANADA so yeah! 20-25 dollars yeah! That sucks lol. I hope they take other countries into consideration because that can spell a lot for people from say, new zealand (i think.)

And there will be so many people, they wouldn't really need it high because they will be making tons because of all the costumers. I just hope they don't think "oh we have so many people, lets make it higher and we will make more and if people can't pay to bad!"

They did say that they it would be competitively priced with other online games. But does this mean they will make it lower, so more people want to play it instead of others cuz its cheaper... or just the same? :confused:

yea I kno man, I looked at the date and I thought oh what the hell, its better than starting a new topic lol.

It was like 3 or 4 threads down lol. Its not my fault no one posts :p

personally i think they it should be $15 bucks in EVERY country,in there currency. Its not like we make more money up in canada than you guys do in america to make up for our crappy dollar. Its not our fault our dollar sucks.

I expect the price to be between $12.95-15.00.

Online games have been charging $10+ for many years now and have huge followings. They have proven that people will pay well for a great game.

I was spending $300+ a month for racing online back when we had to dial up long distance to boston, ma. Thankfully when T.E.N came out the prices dropped back to $9.95 but as many people witnessed, people will pay to play.

Archived