Home

WIP: Mon Calamari Model

moooa

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHOO HOO!

Mon Calamari are one of my favorite species.

I can't wait till you're done with this so I can skin myself up a custom Mon Cal Jedi! I really like the alien Jedi, hope to see lots more (Kit Fisto would be very cool, and an Ishi Tib Jedi would rock, since they're one of my other favorite species :) Keep up the great work!!

BradFu!

PS - I agree on the eyes, pull 'em out some more and it'll be perfect :)

I've finished Dengar and have submitted him to jediknghtii.net

but for the moment,a dn I don't know why, he's not available for download. I will re-submited him tonight

And I have finished meshed the first lod of ackbar and will post pics tonight too

hey moooa, great model you got there!

my ONLY constructive criticism:

- all the mon calamari i've seen seem to have a gut of some sort - their belts hang pretty low. your model is very fit and trim compared to them. here's what i mean:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/moncalamari/index_eu.html

and a few questions:

- is he a generic mon calamari or is it ACTUALLY supposed to be admiral ackbar?

- if he's generic, do you have some kind of background story for him - i mean, is he a jedi, bounty hunter, etc?

- i always dig what people come up with regarding sounds/taunts ... any ideas for this guy?

good luck with the rest of this project. can't wait to see the final product. keep up the great work!

Very nice, Moooa! I can't wait till you've finished him up and released him :) I hope you won't mind if I do a re-skin on him immediately when you release him, I'm just REALLY looking forward to making myself a Mon Calamari Jedi :D Would it be possible to make his belt a seperate Surface that can be turned off? If not, that's cool :)

Keep up the good work! Any idea what you might do when you finish this one? Hope to see more aliens from you! :)

BradFu!

Thanx adillon, I don't have this ref pics !

And I'm think u're right, i gonna widen the torso, put the belt lower and maybe put the head more forward. For the lips I'm afraid to have too much polygon after increasing the definition

Adillon, I'm making like Absath and Bloodriot for there mandolarion model different skin, one Ackbar, a generic mon calamari (like on your pics) and one or 2 original concept.

For the sound, i first finish the model and put some taunts and different sounds but if someone knows where I can find some Ackbar sound it will be great

Bradfu if u want when i finished the first skin I can give the jpg so if u want we can put your skin in the pk3

Moooa, any updates? :)

I eagerly await this model. I'm hoping to make a cool Mon cal Jedi Knight once you release this model. I asked this before, but you might have missed it in my previous post, but would it be possible to make the belt a seperate surf so it can be turned off for more variety in skinning?

Thanks!

BradFu!

Archived