Home

New Project by Bloodriot and Absath

Absath

There is one reborn model.

It has 5 non-team skins.

To use them in multiplayer you must change the model in the console: model modelname/skinyouwant.

This can be bound to keys.

So although they are the same models with different stuff, it acts like a completely different avatar, not an animation that changes clothes.

In essence it is "how do I change my avatar", not "how do I wear the cloak".

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is not likley that we'll be showing pictures of our newest work any time soon. please just be patient, as we have a huge project in front of us at the moment. the new characters we're making right now are just part of a larger SP story we plan to tell.

it will be cool and worth the wait for most of you. thats all i can say at this time ;)

-Abs

Alright, here's the news... I can't get Uncaped Sith Tyrion to work in Single Player.

I've only tried Sith tyrion as of now, and I'm happy to say the caped Tyrion works perfectly :)

Well, give me another 30 minutes and I can finish the Jedi Tyrion, although I'm not sure if robed Jedi Tyrion will work (probably won't)

It seems that only the default versions of Sith/Jedi Tyrion work (not colors), and by default I mean caped and Unrobed.

UPDATE:

Okay, very confusing... I used the model.glm file and the 2 default SKIN and SURF files for Jedi Tyrion.. Naturally you'd expect no robe, but he had a robe..

In the PK3 there are default and robed.. Did you guys typo and mean UNrobed or am I just misunderstanding something..

I'm going to try the robed files and I betcha the Tyrion will turn out UNrobed ;)

UPDATE #2:

I was right ;). But I was wrong about the 2 defaults. The default sith is caped, the default tyrion is robed. Uncaped and Unrobed Tyrion don't work.. The colors on the skin get all glitched and the cape/robe appear as a ghostly grey color.. I don't know **** about modeling but I assume the problem is that there is only 1 model.glm file per Jedi/Sith, and that has a cape/robe compatible with MP, but doesnt work for SP?

Anyway here's the 2 that work:

Sith-Caped Tyrion

Jedi-Robed Tyrion

NOTE:

Yeah there's probably a way to make the unrobed and uncaped work, but I dont know how :(

Anyone know where I can host/send these PK3's for download.

Thats exactly what I did. But in reverse. I took everything out except the caped/robed and used everything else.

No matter what you do the SP won't accept it, the model.glms contain the robes/capes.

Obviously Multiplayer has a way of "dealing" with it..

EDIT:

Its not that easy, well its pretty much that easy, but you have to make all the SKIN, SURF, and GLM files go to models\players\kyle.

we've decided we'll allow people to put out patches that allow people to play through the SP game as Tyrion, as some people have trouble figuring it out.

What we are not allowing is new SP levels using Tyrion, until we have put out our storyline for him. The reason for this is that we have undertaken a large project that will take some time to finish. We don't want stories for this character being released that will conflict with our own storyline when it comes out.

once we've told our story, people will have an idea of the time period and experiences of our character, and then we will allow his use for other SP mods, should people choose to use him.

we hope you all understand where we're coming from....we want the public to use our model....but we also want to preserve the integrity of his background until we've had a chance to establish it.

-Abs

Originally posted by JediGhost[sITH]

That's because your Loading a saved game... Try starting a new SP game and it should work.

May I ask if this is caped/robed Tyrion? If hes unrobed/uncaped how did you do it!?

Thanks for advice.I will try it.By the way it's robed version:(

if you guys want uncaped or unrobed Tyrion in SP, you need to manually disable the robe/cape in the .skin file that you are putting into kyle's folder. so for instance....you make a folder called 'Kyle' and in it you put the default .skin and the .glm from Tyrion....

now before you zip it up into a .pk3 and fire up a game, open up the .skin file with a text editor. find the lines reffering to the cape/robe etc and replace the texture path with "nodraw", and then the game wont be able to find the texture and you will have Tyrion without a cloak or cape.

-Abs

I know this sounds whiny but could somebody PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSE come up with a mod that allows both tyrion models to be used in single player foR noobs like me wHO noe no s*** abouT thiS complex process??:(

I'll take a crack at it in the morning, it's too late at night for that now... Seems pretty simple :)

EDIT:

Nevermind, I did it right now (har har)... Yeah it worked :D

I guess I'll smack 'em all up in a ZIP including:

Caped/Uncaped Sith Tyrion

Robed/Unroped Jedi Tyrion

Total: 4 PK3 files (Tyrions)

And if anyone requests I can include red/blue versions.

NOTE:

I use blue unrobed Jedi Tyrion cuz he ROCKS!!!!! ;)

That I will do tomorrow.

To BloodRiot/Absath:

Any guesstimates of when your SP Mod will be released?

Originally posted by Absath

heh i have no idea who Xanatos is =P was this in a comic book or something?

A series of books, great books actually, the series is named ''Jedi Masters Padawan'' i think, i have it in swedish so i dunno what's the name in english ;)

neways, the model(s) is looking GREAT! i love you guys :)

you need to bind keys as I posted earlier in this threat.. you will need to set aside four(4) keys for binding...

for me I use:

bind v model jedi_tyrion/default

bind f model jedi_tyrion/robed

bind g model sith_tyrion/default

bind p model sith_tyrion/caped

that way you can use all 4 and you won't get the grayed models... Hope that helps ya guys out.. By the way, AWESOME Model Blood and Abs..!!!!

Archived