Home

for those who have asked for a demo of me playing

leelink

Here is a demo of a ladder match I had. Of course I pulled (no pun intended) out all the cheap moves and stabs to win, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

you can sign up at http://ladder.iglnet.com if you would like to match me in a force match, right now I dont have a challenger, so sign up

here is the demo http://www.padgamer.com/ebay/images/match.dm_15

you really have to view the next map on the demo to see how I play.

Also I did decide on a clan. you can go here to see thier website

http://jkhq.ath.cx while the site is a work in progress I am very happy with the members and clan leader.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by leelink

Also I did decide on a clan. you can go here to see thier website

http://jkhq.ath.cx while the site is a work in progress I am very happy with the members and clan leader.

you better be:)

besides, the clan isn't really totally "public" yet, but hey, you work with what ya got:)

besides, even without being public the hit counter keeps rising:eek:

oh well:)

the site sure is a work in progress:) we got it uploaded about 2..maybe 3? weeks ago and are still working massivly on it;)

gotta add news, chat, and some php scripts

i'll have to check out the demo

Heh, that was an interesting demo. Especially interesting was that you had a ping of about 1, whereas poor phantom had a ping of around 200-250. Why didn't he use absorb? And did he even try to kick you once? You move like an expert, though.

Hey what is your frame rate and video card, Leelink?

slacker

yeah, unfortuneatly I had to host the game. I knew it would be unfair to him, but there wasnt a neutral server setup that we could play on. I asked him to host but he was behind a firewall and I couldnt ping his outside ip address. dont know what he was doing wrong. I would have beat him regardless though. he actually did use absorb, but I can hear the sound it makes and I dont pull or push during that time. If I heard his absorb come on I usually use mindtrick to make them use force sight and then between him using sight and absorb, he will run out of force power faster then me. then I can would just pull him when he has zero force and stab him. I have a radeon 32mb ddr and a 1.3 Duron (Durons are slow btw, my 1ghz thunderbird was faster then the 1.3 Duron) I will be upgrading to a radeon 8500 128 mb though in just a couple of days. I heard this is the card to get for Doom3. I get good framerates on the small maps, but ones like the episode1 map I go down to 20 fps. small maps are usually constant around 60 fps.

Oh he kicked some in the first match, but when he would go to do it i would duck and then backstab him. guess why he didnt do it much after that : )

Heh you all move like experts. I would be an expert myself, but I have a crappy computer and card. Intel 810, you see. Oh yes, and I have crappy playing skills, too. Hehehehe! I believe I was beaten by a potted plant on one occasion.

Note to self: watch demo with sound ON, so as to note that that one dude put absorb on.

slacker

Originally posted by morte_man

whats the dm_15 file format? I've never heard of it before... is there anyway i can convert to mpeg or something? or get a program to open a dm_15?

morte_man:

Jedi Outcast will run the dm_15 file for you.

Create a folder named "Demo" in your Base folder for Jedi Outcast. Then move the dm_15 file into the "Demo" folder. Start the Multiplayer game, click play on the main menu, and then click on "play demo," which is right below "Create Game." Choose this demo ("match") from the list. As you watch the demo, be sure not to press any buttons because that cancels the playback and you will return to the main menu.

If that doesn't work try renaming the "Demo" folder to "Demos". I don't remember if it's singular or plural.

slacker

For demo recording use this zip file. It will make it so you can hit record and stop recording just by pressing two easy keys. it even names them during your recording session so you can have multiple recordings. read the readme in the zip file for the instuctions. really nice recording script.

http://www.padgamer.com/ebay/images/recorddemos.zip

Artifex, let me know what you think...... and where is your demo? : )

Hopefully we can match sometime. For fun first. I dont mind an audience. : )

You like that, thanks : ) I was especially proud when I mindtricked him and then stabbed him. As you could see, I am not running around spamming my saber like he was. It was poor judgement on his part to attack me like he did. And all the pushing and pulling is not me, although it may look like it. mine are the ones where 95% of the time he is falling. the others are him, but I dont run all over the place (I make short movements and then stop and move some more when enemy is close) so I didnt fall a whole lot. He rushed me with his saber flying all over the place, another big mistake. While I am not happy with the damage that the backstab does and would like to see it lowered to the same as other special moves, I use it only after I have push/pulled someone. its not cheaper then say, Lightning for a player that doesnt use absorb or kick. I dont "ever" use absorb btw so I know that its possible to block pulls and pushes without it and still attack the other player that is using absorb. He used absorb in the first match and then about the middle of the second match he stopped using it, because I guess he figured out that I was forcing him to use all his force power so he couldnt block a pull or push. what you are seeing in the demo is the middle of the second match and the third match (a third match wasnt necessary though)

also you will notice he tried to pull and backstab me numerous times, but I pushed him to the ground and then stabbed him

and just what moves do you propose I do on a force server ladder?

you got the force speed and rage freaks

you got the force lighning and run freaks

you got the force pull and backstab

you got the force mindtrick, speed and backstab

you got the force absorb, pull and backick

you got the force grip (shake the crap out of ya) then backstab

you got the force heal and run the whole game.

you got the force speed and force protect saber spammers

what non cheap force shall I use. Please tell me. I was playing a ladder match. not on one of mommys server where I can be protected from backstab. It was obvious he was also "trying" to the same.

I am not going to hit someone 3 times so they can only hit me once.

i have played leelink before

from what this demo looks like he does look somewhat like a pull backstab person...but he really isn't

i have played him on force servers and no force servers and push and pull are actually moves that leelink rarely uses

i acepted him into my clan because of the fact that he is good without using pull and backstab

come play with us sometime, the server name is

.[JHQ].NF.SaberOnly.

it is usually a duel server, but sometimes people vote it onto something else;)

Twins of Doom, I appreciate you coming to my defense, but really I need no defense from newbs. I have never heard of Aerys, Darth Cobra, jevesus, or VisualTK. Nor Have these players played me to know what they are talking about. I do have a # of very good players that have highly complimented me on this message board. I have seen no such compliments to Aerys, Darth Cobra, jevesus, or VisualTK. I have never requested such compliments but they were posted here anyway. I have never received a negative comment from anyone I have played. The guy I defeated in this demo did not complain about the backstabs. I have trained many jedi on how to block a push/pull move and how to execute it themselves, and they were all surprised by how well you can block a push/pull move. This is the last time I will address this thread. I will post another demo as soon as I have another challenger.

Archived