Home

for those who have asked for a demo of me playing

leelink

I am still working on my strategy guide for all force powers and attacks. I know the community will find it useful when finished and only the most skilled jedi will be able to defend or use the tactics listed (the moves take practice and anticipating where your opponent is without actually seeing them). It should be complete by thurday night. I have taken my experience with other players and thier moves and listed what I believe thier next move will be after a given move and provided a counter to it. It will give everyone a better outlook on why I use pull/push a lot and why I believe its balanced.

and when completed i'm pretty sure it will end up here (the one there is the one leelink has made before this one, if i understand him right he's updating it so it's better)

http://jkhq.ath.cx/strategy.php

and Jevesus, the reason leelink Didn't change tactics was because he had found that this tactic worked fine, if this guy can't stop somebody from using pull/push well then why do something that he may be able to stop, especially since (i think it was a ladder tourney, tell me if i'm wrong) if he loses he goes down on the ladder, it doesn't make sense.....

if it works and especially if it's for a ladder you might as well keep doing it.....leelink would have changed tactics.....but he didn't have to because his (here's the key)opponent didn't change tactics and didn't counter it

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

twins of doom: alright then. are we supposed to be impressed that he knows one combo real well? because, thats all we've seen, really.

and that behaviour is _still_ newbie/lame behaviour in any other game ive ever played.

Originally posted by Jevesus

twins of doom: alright then. are we supposed to be impressed that he knows one combo real well? because, thats all we've seen, really.

and that behaviour is _still_ newbie/lame behaviour in any other game ive ever played.

yes, we are supposed to be impressed because I've played him, he's an excellent player and he was smart enough not to change when it was working

in the game i played against him he was constantly changing his style to affect my gameplay and to surprise me....it was an awesome fight and we plan on recording another one so that we can prove he's a good player

he's beat almost everybody in our clan without force (it's a no force server) and has beat me a couple times too:P

and we have some good players in the clan....like me, leelink, enish, absolute0....the list goes on forever;)

Oh god get over yourself. Kill this thread already. Nothing i hate more than an arrogant little kid jumpin on the forums tryin to brag about himself. I think you suck u have no talent and im not impressed. Why dont you go brag to your mommy maybe she will give you some milk and cookies. GOD! GROW UP!

Originally posted by DarthCobra

Oh god get over yourself. Kill this thread already. Nothing i hate more than an arrogant little kid jumpin on the forums tryin to brag about himself. I think you suck u have no talent and im not impressed. Why dont you go brag to your mommy maybe she will give you some milk and cookies. GOD! GROW UP!

actually people asked him for a demo so he posted it for them, is it a crime?

and it's posts like this that should be kept off the forums, what's the point of them, i see no point, i see somebody trying to release their anger at other people........there's no sense in this post....

If its not bad enough with all you idiots patting each other on the back on these forums. ITS THE QUOTES!! I JUST *****ING POSTED THAT THREAD!! WHAT DID U THINK NO1 COULD LOOK UP AND SEE IT! WHY THE **** DOES EVERYONE QUOTE EVERY SINGLE *****ING POST!!!

Naa.. its not a crime, maybe to yourself. And the ppl that have to read this garbage. I shouldnt have ever even read this thread. This forum is gettin worse than irc. Nuttin but kids, lamers and idiots.

PARENTS KEEP YOUR CHILDREN OFFLINE!!!

If its not bad enough with all you idiots patting each other on the back on these forums. ITS THE QUOTES!! I JUST *****ING POSTED THAT THREAD!! WHAT DID U THINK NO1 COULD LOOK UP AND SEE IT! WHY THE **** DOES EVERYONE QUOTE EVERY SINGLE *****ING POST!!!

Naa.. its not a crime, maybe to yourself. And the ppl that have to read this garbage. I shouldnt have ever even read this thread. This forum is gettin worse than irc. Nuttin but kids, lamers and idiots.

PARENTS KEEP YOUR CHILDREN OFFLINE!!!

oops, sorry i just quoted it right now....what ever shall i do?

don't start a flame war, because somebody quoted something...trust me....we don't need a flame war

and i wish you didn't read the topic too, because your making stupid irresponsible posts that don't really even have much relevence to the situation

as you can see by the topic of this post people have asked leelink for his demo, and he is supplying it for them

as for him spamming pull/backstab

i realize that he did in this fight but he doesn't need to to win, i've played him before on a No Force Server, and needless to say we had a sweet match

haha i'm just playing

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

oops, sorry i just quoted it right now....what ever shall i do?

don't start a flame war, because somebody quoted something...trust me....we don't need a flame war

and i wish you didn't read the topic too, because your making stupid irresponsible posts that don't really even have much relevence to the situation

as you can see by the topic of this post people have asked leelink for his demo, and he is supplying it for them

as for him spamming pull/backstab

i realize that he did in this fight but he doesn't need to to win, i've played him before on a No Force Server, and needless to say we had a sweet match

Hey wow ... more idiot quotes. You spam quote like im sure you spam moves in JK2. Quote Quote Quote. You must think everyones an idiot and cant figure out wtf your talkin about without a quote. And if i wanna start a flame war i will. Your demo is lame. It shows no skill, both players act like every n00b in every game ive ever played in. If it makes you feel special or somehow famous for letting this sad ass thread get so big, so be it. But by posting that sad ass demo, you only open yourself for flames on your sad ass game play, you no talent hacks. Twins of Doom what do u idolize this guy or something! Quote me some more ... . I dont care. Id mop the floor with your ass. I dont need to come on this board braggin about how great i am, and pay my freinds to come back me up.

i'm not even going to bother making a sensible reply to this

if you want to play me (and you better after these remarks so that you can back them up) come to

.[JHQ].NF.SaberOnly

let's see what you've got

you can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk

then we'll see who's spamming moves

Look for me online some time. Come find me, im afraid i dont care enough. Im just really sick of all these nonsence idiot threads. Thought id spout off a little.

i told you where to find me, i'm not looking for you everytime i play, your the one who started the fight

leelink knows lots of different playing styles and changes all the time? except for in the demo which he chose to use as an example of how he plays: in that case he repeatedly uses one, and one only, single playing style?

am i supposed to believe you, better yet: be impressed?

complete failure.

leelink knows lots of different playing styles and changes all the time? except for in the demo which he chose to use as an example of how he plays: in that case he repeatedly uses one, and one only, single playing style?

am i supposed to believe you, better yet: be impressed?

complete failure.

did you even read half the thread?

leelink said that he'd post another demo

I said I would also be happy to host anyone elses demo. you guys are such Hypocrites. you bash my demo, which was explained that it was a ladder match and I cant afford to play around and wussy hit people to satisfy the masses and then you don't post a demo of you own . I posted the demo because he's suppose to be a good player and I would expect those that are good players play in ladders. If your good your obviously hoping to play someone better aren't you? Thats the reason I joined a ladder and a clan. My clan has some of the best people around. Yes I do backstab, Yes I will spam one move until you figure out how to block it. It's not my fault you cant figure it out, but if you read my strategy guide it might help you. (if it works why change it. I not playing for anyone else but myself and I want to win within the limits of the game or server I am playing on. If someone can beat me within those limits then I am happy. If someone wants different rules, then join a different server where they limit moves and jumps and tactics to the ones you can handle.) If you going to post comments then please post a demo so that I know that your skilled enough to make those comments.

i repeat (pun intended): it is not the use of an arbitrary strategy or combo that is newbie (lame, actually) behaviour, it is the repetitive fashion of which it is used.

once again: im not calling you a newbie, leelink. im stating that repeated use of a single strategy is, atleast in other games, definite newbie behaviour.

Haha, i appreciate your attempt at humour :) Unfortunately there's no real objective way to see who might be winning the battle...

Alrite, there's little reason to comment, but i'll use whatever little ther is anywayz... all that needs to be said has been said, but i have to end up agreeing that how you play is entirely up to you, and if you are after a win, then go about it in the most effective way you can!!! (there's a logical thought pattern, eh???)

On a slightly more strategic front, maybe you should post a demo of your own, and impress us yourself... THIS would be a darn sight more productive than continuing an argument that's not going anywhere...

I would try to make a demo myself if i thought it might be useful (btw, i only really play LAN, since otherwise the ping would be enormous from here)... So please, if you're willing to make a claim, try to contribute and back it up instead, i would be extremely happy to watch your definition of SKILL :)

i have already explicitly said that i am not claiming to be a better player. explicitly, in english, and _still_ this is beyond your comprehension, leelink?

furthermore, why would i have to be skilled in JK2 to be able to have a justified opinion on wether or not use of one, and one only, combo is newbie behaviour in all other games i've ever played, or not?

repeating, again, for the third or fourth time: i am not claiming to be better than you leelink, is this concept too intricate for you to grasp? i dont need to post a demo because i do not claim i have "mad skillz" and thus do not need to prove that, either.

it is quite ironic that i have to repeat my statements, over and over, for you to be able to grasp them, given the point of my statements.

First of all, ignoring other's opinions because they haven't got enough post or an high enough ladder ranking etc, is plain stupid and infantile. I think i detected this argument several places in this thread.

Now, I strongly disaprove of doing this spamming (backstab and so on) in games designed to be fun for everyone. But I can also clearly see that competetion games are a different breed, where the goal isn't for everyone to have fun, but rather to win. And winning is winning, no doubts. And winning sometimes require skill, sometimes not. Leelink, I think you was in your own right to spam him to death if it so required.

But here's the golden part:

Winning doesn't *show* skill in itself, but the way you play definately does.

I'd LOVE to see a no-force battle between leelink and twins, where there's no spamming, since this type of game is how I usually play.

BTW, How you play shouldn't influence your validity of your posts, Twins.

leelink and i just played 4 matches with each other

i must say it was probably one of the best games i have ever played!

i believe he won 2 and i won 2, but i'm not positive..they were close though

first was with nf (besides jump)

second was with ff

third was with no neutral (except throw)

fourth was with throw and jump

i'm waiting for the demos in my email so i can upload them and post them...they should be here soon

all right, i got them uploaded

here they are:

http://jkhq.ath.cx/demos/saberjump.dm_15

a game where we only used force jump and saber throw

http://jkhq.ath.cx/demos/nonforce.dm_15

a game where we played without force (besides jump)

http://jkhq.ath.cx/demos/fullforce.dm_15

a game with full force powers

http://jkhq.ath.cx/demos/Forcedemo.dm_15

a game where we played where you couldn't use any neutral force powers (just dark, light, and saber throw, and jump of course)

i may have gotten some of em screwed up, tell me if i did...but i'm pretty sure that's what they were

to view them do this

download and go to your base directory

create a folder called "Demos" and put the file in there, then view it in jkii

Played leelink the other day on the NF S/O server. He's pretty decent, although he tends to stick with light and not branch out too much into medium or heavy, except to pull the finishers. I usually play without force powers, so even the kicking with force jump l3 was something to get used to.... but still owned him ;)

You guys both suck. I cannot believe you would embarras yourselves with even more lame demos of no talent hacks. GO AWAY ALREADY! WE DONT CARE!

did you even watch the demos?

if you did you would realize that we were actually using pretty much every move in the game

EDIT: if you think your l33t issue a challenge to me and we'll see who's better and has skill

do you want to play force or no force, force with some disabled?

what do you want to do?

I would hardly say Catharsis owned me. we played a total of 6 times. he won 4 times and I won 2. had I won the last match we would have been tied at 3 to 3. that hardly owning someone. And whats surprising is he doesnt know what stance is which. he said this to me in the game also.... I also explained that NF servers arent my thing. while decent at them I am a much better force player so I am not surprised that he won.

My comment for Darth cobra is join a ladder and learn how to play I dont believe that you possess any skill and are upset that twins of doom shows how force powers should be used against a neutral force player such as myself. He defeats most of my push pull moves in the beginning of our force match and I adapt my game play accordingly as I said I would if someone knows how to play. If you read my strategy guide, most of my moves are taken directly from it. you can read it at http://jkhq.ath.cx under game guide articles. Please read it and figure out how to play. I would be willing to match you at anytime, my icq is 2287123. I have been looking for you the past week and havent seen you on once. are you sure you even have the game?

Ya i watched the demo's. You quoting idiot. And im still not impressed and i play online alot. Maybe not on the ladder but who cares. You guys play no different than most newbies online. 5 freakin demos u post. And you guys suck in all of them. I dont get it. Get over yourself.

Archived