Home

June 6, 1944

Because of the great feeling i have for Allied soldiers, i decided to do this. I cannot share their grief with them, because i have not felt it like they have. But i can say how i feel for them. For helping making the world of today. I sometimes wonder how different the world might have been had WWII been lost. *no offence to Germans, this was long ago*

Anyway, as you know, on this day 58 years ago, Allied Soldiers sacrificed their lives both willingly and unwillingly to help make the world a better place for us today. Thank you.

For those of you who still cant figure it out, im talking about the omaha beach invasion.

<Salute>!

omaha.gif

Yes, thanks to the invasion of Omaha Beach eventually Soviet Russia became a superpower.

Thanks guys! :D

On a serious note, I may not be your average jingoistic "GOD BLESS AMERICA" idiot, but I do think the soldiers on D-Day ARE worthy of my praise.

Thank you Veterans of D-Day! Your sacrafice and courage have made this world a better place, I personally will never forget the blood that was shed that day in the name of freedom. God Bless you and your families!

If you have no idea what these soldiers went up against that day, take a few minutes to watch the first 20 minutes of Steven Spielbergs Saving Private Ryan. It is the most accurate portrayal of the D-Day invasion to date. It made my Grandfather weep, he said it was like being there all over! I have never felt more proud of Grandfather after watching that movie with him. Sadly, My Grandfather pasted away shortly after watching that movie with me, but his memory lives on in my heart.

Thanks Grandpa, for giving for your country!

*WARNING* the D-day scene in Saving Private Ryan is not to be watched by the faint of heart*

I may be late but I need to do this seeing as I haven't anywhere else.

Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen. You are about to embark upon a great crusade.... little did they really know how great. One of the defining moments of the 20th century. Put into the hands of the generation that had just suffered a depression growing up. Being only 18-20 year old people. Not just americans either, but also the british forces participated on an equal scale and the canadians participated majorly also. As their invasion fleet sailed in the first wave only began to realise just how large their mission was. After the day was over countless were dead and wounded and the fighting was still continueing beyond the beach.

In the words of Tom Brokaw, "You truly are the greatest generation."

*SALUTE*

Archived