Home

Keyboard setup

zerowingzero

My personal setup differs between force and no force game types.

For no force duels I use

Arrow keys for forward,back,and strafeing

Mouse1 for attack

Mouse2 for jump

Mouse3 for crouch

Mousewheelup for change saber stance

Control to shift between walk and run.

For Force duels I normally use

the same except for mouse3 and the mousewheel

Mouse3 is normally absorb

mousewheelup is push

mousewheeldown is pull.

Other force powers(dont really use many others) are bound to things like del,end,ins,etc.

Now THIS is the most interesting thread I've seen in a while... I say that because I'm constantly modifying the way I have the keyboard set up in JK2.

I use:

Mouse1 attack

mouse2 attack2

mouse3 jump (little thumb button on the side of my mouse)

wheelup bacta

wheeldown absorb

kp_end strafe left

kp_ins strafe right

kp_4 crouch

delete forcespeed

pagedown throw

pageup pus

home mindtrick

end protect

backspace heal

\ sabercycle

and there are a few others that I usually bind for taunts, etc. I had kp_downarrow binded to say "SkinWalker Counts Coup!" during a recent FFA where I took all of my force points out of saber and put them in mindtrick, protect & heal.

I LMAO through that game and actually made 9 kills (coming in third) with the stun baton! It went something like this:

Hear footsteps... enable Force_Distract (mind trick), shock unsuspecting Jedi on the A@@, "SkinWalker Counts Coup!", run like hell! :monkey4:

SKinWalker

WASD for movement

mouselook

button1 primary

button 2 secondary

button 3 (wheel button) change stance

wheel up push

wheel down pull

space jump (no this won't ruin my keyboard, i don't jump all that much!!!)

x crouch (easier to access than c, b/c my thumb's on jump)

q force select left

e force select right

f use force power (usually seeing)

z absorb

works alrite for me, i don't use a huge variety of powers, just a whole lot of saber moves (though i can't get enough of chopping ppl up with the rotating saber throw one :), not the blender tho, still working that one out???)

WASD - movement

mouse1&2 - attack1&2

mouse3 - mindtrick/grip (powers i rarely use so accidently pressing mouse3 doesnt do much)

mhweel - push/pull

ctrl & alt - funky color1 (sabercolour) scripts

c - crouch

space - jump

q, e, f, z, x, \ - force powers, dependent on whether dark.cfg or light.cfg is on

I can only suggest to switch from arrow keys for movement to ESDF or even RDFG.

It did a huge skill increase for me and I just yesterday showed this to a friend and watched him get better instantly.

Basically the reason is that you need way more keys to play JO than with any other FPS game I played so far. I stuck with arrow keys for movement my entire life and it took me some time to make the decision ta change this. But it is definately worth it.

Actually I first changed to ESDF and then to RDFG to open up even more keys. I now have all force powers within close reach.

Here goes my setup:

RDFG - movement

y - crouch

a,s,e,w,q,t,z (y on US keyboard),h - force powers

j - taunt

n- use held item

shift -walk

< - use

tab - use bacta

CAPS LOCK - turn saber on/off

STRG - private duel

space - alternate fire

mouse wheel up - next weapon

mouse wheel down - previous weapon

3rd mouse button (click mouse wheel) - change saber stance

right mouse button - jump

Saber only no force duell settings:

W = forward

S = back

A = strafe left

D = strafe right

C = crouch

SHIFT = sec. Attack

STRG = walk

MOUSE1 = prim. Attack

MOUSE2 = jump

MOUSE3 = saberattackcycle

some speacial settings :D

MOUSE4 = swipe attack left to right

MOUSE5 = swipe attack right to left

Q = forward lundge (auto switch to blue)

E = flip forward & attack downward (auto switch to yellow)

G = forward jump & downward hack (auto switch to red)

on keypad (i dont use it):

1 = switch to blue

2 = switch to yellow

3 = switch to red

thats mainly it i think :jawa

greets zyclonite

some speacial settings

MOUSE4 = swipe attack left to right

MOUSE5 = swipe attack right to left

Q = forward lundge (auto switch to blue)

E = flip forward & attack downward (auto switch to yellow)

G = forward jump & downward hack (auto switch to red)

on keypad (i dont use it):

1 = switch to blue

2 = switch to yellow

3 = switch to red

What you call "special settings" is actually using scripts for saber moves.

Some people consider this cheating, I only think it is pretty lame.

Most people doing this at least don't post this in a public forum.

Bah... :mad:

modifying the game is considered as cheating....

only playing around with scripts is only "intelligent" i think ;-)

or would you say playing with colored names is cheating cause its not implemented in the player settings?

if using binds and aliases is considered as cheating, this option wouldnt be implemented in the engine ?!?!

7YUI to move

Mouse to look

Mouse1 to primary

Mouse2 to jump

Mouse3 does nothing, because all mouse3-buttons sucks.

Scroll does secondary fire (both up and down)

ERTDFGCVBOPJKLÖ for various stuff, like force powers.

Space changes stance.

And 1-0 (except 7) does various sayings, like "You are to refer to me as idiot, not you captain!" and "Uh oh, here comes the Bad Year Blimp!".

Wheee = ]

only playing around with scripts is only "intelligent" i think ;-)
Granted, it takes some intelligence to create a script, bind it and use it.

"Playing around" with it as in "testing it with bots" is also fine in my books. Making gameplay easier against human beings you are competing with is cheating.

modifying the game is considered as cheating....
I disagree, this is no valid definition for cheating.

"Modifying gameplay in a way that makes it easier for one person and giving this person an unfair advantage over the others" gets closer to the point.

Think about it: If you are in red stance and want to do the blue lunge move, it requires you to change your saber stance to blue (need to press one button), then perform the move (need to press crouch, then forward + attack).

You with your script can do it by pressing one button only, giving you an unfair advantage: It is more difficult for your opponent to anticipate this move, he doesn't see the saber stance change and he doesn't see you crouch.

or would you say playing with colored names is cheating cause its not implemented in the player settings?
Of course not, since this does not affect gameplay.

if using binds and aliases is considered as cheating, this option wouldnt be implemented in the engine ?!?!
Just because an option is not implemented in the game it doesn't mean that enabling it is cheating. As I said, the relevant criteria is if it affects gameplay and gives an unfair advantage to the person that uses it.

For example: unlocking the "hidden" Reborn models doesn't give you an unfair advantage, the model just features different colors. Unlocking the (with 1.03 removed) invisible Morgan Katarn model IS cheating because it gives you an unfair advantage (opponent cannot see you anymore).

You can also look in the forums, there is a massive thread where the question "is using scripts cheating?" is discussed. There the community stated their opinion. Decide for yourself...

Sure, you can come up with some technical definition for cheating, according to which your behavior is not cheating. Still the community judges it as that, so you will be considered a cheater.

There are people, who don't care about that (take a look at http://www.myg0t.com ), however if you do care, I'd suggest not to use these scripts against human opponents.

<diclaimer>I'm real new to JO, so i'm still refining</disclaimer>

My standard layout for Q3 based games is:

F1-forward

3 -backward

C - crouch (standard bind)

This lets me rest middle finger on f1, pointer on 3, and thumb on space bar, just below C. I don't use strafe... instead I do alot of running backward while turning, mid-air twists, etc.

JO however, makes strafing manditory (well, for sabers, but I'm in this game for no-force saber duelling). My current setup to deal with this uses:

mouse1 - Attack (standard bind)

mouse3 - Strafe left (thumb button on MS optical mouse)

mouse2 - strafe right (right-click)

These make the attack combos like horizontal swing very easy to execute. Since I don't use force, I don't need alt-atack (saber throw), but I put it on mouse5 just incase. The other change i'm contemplating is putting crouch on ALT... I seem to use crouch more in JO than Q3, and sliding my thumb left to alt is quicker than going up to C.

--Moe :cool:

i see it a little different...

some ppl train that long until they have their moves automated, i write the script as my way of training - and im not the guy who only copies scripts and im not that one that makes them public!

and with no skill you will not get better with good scripts...

i thought this community is a little bit better as in CounterStrike but looks like the same :-(

until there are no gamemodifying cheats like in CS (and i hope there will not be any in future!) - keep kewl ;-)

Arrow keys for forward,back,and strafeing

Mouse1 for attack

Mouse2 for sec. attack

Mouse3 for sentry gun

'l' change saber stance

Enter for walk/run

Ctrl for jump

Shift for crouch

Mousewheel up and down are weapon change next and prev.

keypad:

4 heal

1 use force

2 previous force

3 next force

5 pull

6 push (or push and pull changed, I don't know I mostly use 1 for that)

D for seeker drone

B for bio canister

and spacebar was for something but I can't remember whatfor :confused:

i see it a little different...

some ppl train that long until they have their moves automated, i write the script as my way of training - and im not the guy who only copies scripts and im not that one that makes them public!

and with no skill you will not get better with good scripts...

i thought this community is a little bit better as in CounterStrike but looks like the same :-(

until there are no gamemodifying cheats like in CS (and i hope there will not be any in future!) - keep kewl ;-)

Hey, I am as kewl as ice ;)

I didn't say, playing with scripts does not require any skill at all.

But it still gives you an unfair advantage over non-scripters.

Check out this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53984

You will find some people who agree with you but the majority will consider this cheating.

As I said: ask yourself if you want yourself being considered as a cheater. If you don't care, use your scripts.

- and im not the guy who only copies scripts and im not that one that makes them public!

and with no skill you will not get better with good scripts... yada...yada...yoda...yee....

I didn't say, playing with scripts does not require any skill at all. ...... et-fricking-cetera... blah.. blah....

YATBASB (Yet Another Thread Becomes A Script Bitch).:evanpiel:

"Ooooohhhh..... you cheated!"

"Oooohh.... it's in the engine... I'm L33T!"

"It go's against my/the/a code!"

"But it takes time/skill/no-how/effort/haxor-skill to do it..."

"Wahaah..... don't do it.... your lame.":ball:

"You do your thing... I'll do mine."

Okay... I finished the YATBASB for everyone... back to the original topic....:D

Here's a Keyboard setting....

Alt-F4 Exits YATBASB threads.

*lol*

for newbies this lame speach would look l33t

i still hate that day, gamer heard the word "hacker", cause since that day they though they are some....

i realy fear you "SkinWalker" (one that talks like he was programing the *nix kernel - and infact copied a suse ver from a warez site :p )

bye

:newbie:

Originally posted by zyclonite

*lol*

for newbies this lame speach would look l33t

i still hate that day, gamer heard the word "hacker", cause since that day they though they are some....

i realy fear you "SkinWalker" (one that talks like he was programing the *nix kernel - and infact copied a suse ver from a warez site :p )

bye

:newbie:

Excuse me, I didn't get your point. I think he just wanted us to get back to the topic. (He DOES have a point there :D )

Archived