Home

I just beat some bots in FFA!!! (Seriously, read, humorus)

Datheus

FFA, playin on the Bespin Streets against a few bots...kill limit 10

I beat them to it..no surprise

But the kicker is (No pun intended...well...maybe a little:D)

All 10 of my kills came from kicking them to death! LMAO I think it's fuggin' great!

It's easy...but I've never heard about anyone doing that, so I figured "why not mention it"

I think it's funny, but you'd have to know me as a person and what I read and who I hang out with and such to know what I find it so funny

yada-yada-yada...

Originally posted by Chinese Jedi

Telcar is right. Stop hassling the Padawans.

Actually, it is kind of funny to go into a server as a "Padawan" and start slaughtering people with pull/back sweeps and kicks, then after you have a 20 plus lead in kills, ask something like "How do I put colors in my name?"

Padawans rule. :elephant::lightning

I usually find it easier to kick them to death rather than slice them up. The bots block and run too much, I'd love if they just charged at me, that way I could get some fighting going on.

And I can't the bots that always just throws their saber at me in close combat. They usually get kicked to death. It seems to throw at me more than attack me the normal way.

Lets get some brave bots, instead of this chicken**** thing.

Originally posted by Homosexual Ewok

Actually, it is kind of funny to go into a server as a "Padawan" and start slaughtering people with pull/back sweeps and kicks, then after you have a 20 plus lead in kills, ask something like "How do I put colors in my name?"

Padawans rule. :elephant::lightning

:elephant:

And so does that smilie...

Originally posted by Datheus

It's easy...but I've never heard about anyone doing that, so I figured "why not mention it"

I think it's funny, but you'd have to know me as a person and what I read and who I hang out with and such to know what I find it so funny

yada-yada-yada...

No need to fake it. Any newbie can master pull/backsweep in a few minutes and start raping a server. I've seen lots of people who win by 10+ kills using pull/sweep who truly haven't got a clue. Hearing things like "Hey! How do you kick?" by the player who just won the game can really get on your nerves. I suppose its my own fault for refusing to do nothing but spam pull/sweep. I just don't think it's worth ruining the fun in order to get a win. . . But then again, what do i know? I also refuse to use anything that's badly overpowered, like absorb.

Originally posted by Pedantic

And how is absorb overpowered...it's a defensive power.

With drain being a pale shadow of it's former self, absorb really has no equal.

I mean this in terms of effective use. You can (using absorb) avoid the one combo (pull+backsweep) that does not require you to run around and play a game of "let's see who can make the most saber sparks" (thanks to the increased blocking and reduced saber damage).

With drain being a pale shadow of it's former self, absorb really has no equal.

I mean this in terms of effective use. You can (using absorb) avoid the one combo (pull+backsweep) that does not require you to run around and play a game of "let's see who can make the most saber sparks" (thanks to the increased blocking and reduced saber damage).

The problem is, people using absorb (which lasts forever, and requires only *10* points to max) are free to be as lame as possible using pull/sweep, while being immune to it themselves. Absorb wouldn't piss me off so much if everyone using it wasn't such a pull/sweep whore.

Absorb is overpowered for a number of reasons:

1) It makes its users completley immune not only to darkside forces, but also neutral forces.

2) It lasts forever almost forever and theres always some newbie ready to push/pull you while your absorbed so that you can keep going (meanwhile I'm trying to fight you).

3) Did I mention it costs only 10 points to max? The best skill in the game is almost as cheap to max as force jump. . .

Absorb shouldn't work on push or pull. It should cost as much to max as grip or lightning, and it should last about 15 seconds on a full force charge (not closer to 25).

In 1.02, The dark side was "easier, more seductive" but the lightside was something that took practice and skill to master and in the end was "stronger". Now the balance is completley out of whack. The lightside is easier, more seductive and much, much stronger. . .

actually i find the dark side more 'seductive'.

by thaking the light side, and using absorb, all i can do after that is depend on my saber skills or if guns are available, guns. all absorb would do is give me more force and make me immune, it's nice, but the only force i could actually use is push and pull...

for dark side i get the grip and throw those who don't figure how to escape it quickly, lightning people to start doing damage or get them if they try to run from me with low hp, or drain them for hp although light has heal.

but then again, i've never actually played light side for a looong time cuz i always think it's no fun, think only

IMO Absorb is overpowered because it messes up the balance between light and dark jedi. The Darkside is supposd to be the more agressive side but with Absorb the lightside has the more agressive options. WIth absorb on a lightsider can use push/pull, saber throw, and the kick. Against abosrb all a darkside player has is saber throw and the kick. Dark rage as well but its not a directly aggressive power like lightning or grip. IMO the way to balance absorb is to give it the reverse ysmalri effect. In otherwords a player with absorb on wouldnt be able to use any other powers while absorb was active.

keep in mind that every player has their own "absorb" for push/pull if you are not swinging. The best way to deal with an absorb player is just attack sparingly. It's really not all that tough. It's rare to be yanked down on a server for me. Of course, when it does happen, I always curse at my futility.

You'd be surprised how fast a couple pushes/pulls drains your force pool...remember, Absorb prevents recharging while it is active. Even saber throw is very taxing. Bait your opponent and their force pool will disappear in a few seconds. Then you can grip them with relative impunity. About three pushes/pulls/saberthrows drains the force pool while absorb is active.

How about making the last point on absorb(3rd. rank) insanely expensive, let's 12 or 14 force points. That way, people had to decide whether they want *complete* immunity from force, or just partial reduction and save a boatload of force points.

But there is an easier fix, if Raven really wanted to correct this: Increase damage on all saber attacks by 10 or so, and remove the knockdown effect on pull.

Archived