Home

How to win...

DannyJAllTheWay

...Just spam one-hit kill moves all the time. that's the only way I lost today. I had this guy really worked down and all he did was connect once with the red twirly-whirl or whatever it's called and he took me from 90 to 0. That is how you win. Some guy kept doing this awesome move in this one server. All he did was push you down to the ground and then turn around and backstab you. LITERALLY, the match was over in 5 seconds. He kept doing this. I beat him a few times but it was hard cuz that's all he did. If you play to win instead of playing to have fun, do their tactics and follow the way of the one-hit kill guys. Sweeeeeet!

ya this makes sense....play a game to win and not to have fun...last time i checked the point of games WAS to have fun

besides, it's a lot easier to win with strategy and not spamming, if you wanna play me on a force server spamming all the moves you want contact me

philandrew_t@hotmail.com

or you could just pm me

we'll see which works best, spamming or strategy...i'm sure you'll be disappointed in the results

If you need to use absorb to counter push/pull in a 1 on 1 force duel then you're probably going to lose. I try not to use absorb unless I'm in a large group of people or someone is using lightening. An experienced player will wait until they hear absorb stop and then pull & backstab you anyway.

You'd be much better off remaining stationary and facing your oppenent in strong stance. If you move or try and attack they'll pull you onto the ground and backstab.

Instead, wait for them to come in close and try and pull you to the ground, let them try to pull a couple of times depleting their force pool. Be wary and ready to get out of the way if they try for a backstab anyway, but otherwise wait for them to try and pull again on a depeleted force pool, and right after their pull when they still have their hand up, pull them.

In close range your full force pool to their depleted, combined with them being in a non-defensive position should put them on the ground to do with as you will.. if you don't want to backstab, you should have time to switch to yellow and pull out between 1 or 2 yellow hits as they get up.

Originally posted by intoxictd

What if they decide to kick you down and backstab you instead?:D This doesn't need a response BTW.

then it's a retoracle question;)

and i'm gunna answer it anyways, if they come running at you and your doing the strategy that was mentioned by jakka, move to the side and do a heavy stance top down hack on their side and then roll back before they can push you (or kick them yourself)

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

ya this makes sense....play a game to win and not to have fun...last time i checked the point of games WAS to have fun

besides, it's a lot easier to win with strategy and not spamming, if you wanna play me on a force server spamming all the moves you want contact me

philandrew_t@hotmail.com

or you could just pm me

we'll see which works best, spamming or strategy...i'm sure you'll be disappointed in the results

OMFG! I was being sarcastic. I hate peoplewho spam moves who use one-hit kill moves. NIce to see someone who plays to actually have fun and not to win though...:)

I used to hunt spammers down, but now there are just too many of them. This game has been reduced from "Jedi Knight II" to "Jedi Spam II". It's basically spam or be spammed. Nobody can just have a little patience and work for a kill. I think I'm just going to go back to good 'ol Nintendo.:lsduel: <----Remember when games that looked like this were fun?

pull backstab is nothing. when you're about 7 feet away from the guy throw the saber, then force pull, then kick. it should take you about a second to do all this.

god im so glad you only need 3 tactics to beat people. its funny when you think about all the people at raven who wasted there time making other moves........

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!! :D:rolleyes::violin::laughing:

it's not the spammers fault alone, most of the fault is on the developers of the game.

you've all played tekken, am i right? i'm assuming you have, or any other similar fighting game.

matches in tekken, or virtua fighter or whatever, are not nearly as random as duels in jk2 are, not even close. in jk2 a spammer or not-very-experienced player can just happen to nail that one-kill move and win the match, things like that very very rarely happens in tekken or virtua fighter.

think back to battlearena: toshinden for the playstation 1 if that comparison suits you better, given that one used weapons in that game.

anyways, the point is that spamming would be inefficient and useless if the duels was better designed.

Originally posted by Jevesus

it's not the spammers fault alone, most of the fault is on the developers of the game.

you've all played tekken, am i right? i'm assuming you have, or any other similar fighting game.

matches in tekken, or virtua fighter or whatever, are not nearly as random as duels in jk2 are, not even close. in jk2 a spammer or not-very-experienced player can just happen to nail that one-kill move and win the match, things like that very very rarely happens in tekken or virtua fighter.

think back to battlearena: toshinden for the playstation 1 if that comparison suits you better, given that one used weapons in that game.

anyways, the point is that spamming would be inefficient and useless if the duels was better designed.

Agreed, like maybe taking only 25% power utilizing the backstab, then it'd be almost useless and ineffective cuase players wont view it as an easy killing method.

These moves should have been designed to be difficult to pull off. Gee, it's so hard to push back and attack with an enemy behind you. One-hit kills should be a series of buttons in combination, therefore not every damned idiot who's played the game for a week can run around spamming and doing better than those who've been developing skills for the few months the game has been out. BADLY DESIGNED GAME...even 1.02. It's funny how some one can kill you quicker just by kicking you a few times, but you hit someone with a f'ing "LASER SWORD" twenty times, and struggle to kill them. Wow, this makes a lot of sense.

If it were just a sequence of keys, script kiddies would have a bigger advantage. Most people would have trouble using the skill, while they just press one key.

IMO all onehit moves like the backsweep should only work in certain situations. For example, if the guy is behind you AND attacking. In other words, make it blockable.

Throw/pull combo needs to be addressed. Pull needs to not work while rolling.

The DFA is definitly balanced, the only imbalancing part of it is when you change direction by jumping twice. If that is fixed, the DFA is a good example of a balanced 1 hit kill move.

Before you rant about how it isn't balanced, you really really suck if you die by DFA more often than not. All you need to do is sidestep, then slash him, or backstab him if you feel like it.

Before you rant about how it isn't balanced, you really really suck if you die by DFA more often than not. All you need to do is sidestep, then slash him, or backstab him if you feel like it.

or you can roll under them while they dive and backstab them while they crouch

OR

you can kick them

OR

you can push them while they fly with force push

hm...am i missing something? probably

and i find that duels are NOT random, it takes skill to win a lightsaber fight, duels are set up though so that a first timer can still have fun

I don't mind the DFA anymore. I did in 1.02. Not anymore. I hate the other one hit moves. Before, there was only the DFA, now there are 2 for heavy, 2 for medium, and 1 for light. I just don't like it when I work the guy down so far and then he kills me with one hit. it's lame. Those people who use scripts are dumb too. and like someone said up top, it's not really their fault....*caugh caugh raven caugh caugh*

Originally posted by Djinn Altis{S}

Does everyone have to talk about the perfect way to win? Its a game, its supposed to be FUN, not life or death...

Yes, it is to have fun, but one hit kills takes all the fun out of it. I personally like fast pase light saber battles, that take skill and not two or three moves that can kill you in a instant. I guess some newbs like the three move kills, but what ever you want to do.

I personally like duals with no force powers and just light sabers, now that takes real skill!

Archived