Home

Confessions of a 'Pull Whore'

[HoD]Rochambeau

All I've got to say is that every singal pull whore is a lamer. Pull whores have no skill whatsoever. A person who has skill in JO is a person who masters all aspects of combat, be it saber moves, or gun tactics. A pull whore perfects one move, which all together is a cheap ass move. Sure you may win, but you have no skills. I've found that when you comment a pull whore on their stupid ass move, they usually flame you out. This basicly proves the theory that most pull whores arn't above the age of 14. The only way to beat a pull whore is the kill them over and over again with their own move. Most of the time the pull whore will start b1tching about how cheap you are using the same move. Sooner or later, they'll leave. This actually works too.Most pullwhores are hypocrites and can't take what they dish out. All I'm trying to say is that every singal pull whore sucks at JO since JO isn't about hogging a one hit combo. JO is about mastering the moves of the saber and enjoying yourself over the internet while not ruining the other people's time on the server by being a rude jerk and hog a move.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of a person is so competitive ina COMPUTER GAME? I mean okay, its nice to win, but come on, its not life or death. You guyrs who play to win are sad as hell, you rnot winning anything by backstabbing someone. I dont see any cash prizes here, no new computers or anything of the sort. Play to have fun, your life will be a LOT LESS stressful.

Nicely said. I understand if people buy games so they are fun, but on a competitive level, players just don't have the time to spend an hour hacking away at "Padawan". There's a time limit, and once the time runs out, whoever has the most kills wins. And however much fun you've had, you are still going to be the loser. If people need to win, they are going to have to use the fastest and most effective way to kill someone. If you have the excessive need to have fun, play SP, its way more fun/movie like than MP

Originally posted by MrYepp

Nicely said. I understand if people buy games so they are fun, but on a competitive level, players just don't have the time to spend an hour hacking away at "Padawan". There's a time limit, and once the time runs out, whoever has the most kills wins. And however much fun you've had, you are still going to be the loser. If people need to win, they are going to have to use the fastest and most effective way to kill someone. If you have the excessive need to have fun, play SP, its way more fun/movie like than MP

that's why i play duel servers:P

As a backstaber, this is what makes it fun to run the server pulling and backstabing.... we are looking for that player that can stop us or tells us nice move and means it. we take notice and then look for that player, because he can give us a challenge. we have played duel and ffa and ctf and NF servers but we want the most options we can have to attack a opponent and if just two moves work, then that player needs to learn more. he needs to learn how to move carefully and when to swing and when to use a particular force power. To me there is nothing better then fighting another backstabing or DFA or light finisher spamming whore.

Originally posted by leelink

As a backstaber, this is what makes it fun to run the server pulling and backstabing.... we are looking for that player that can stop us or tells us nice move and means it. we take notice and then look for that player, because he can give us a challenge. we have played duel and ffa and ctf and NF servers but we want the most options we can have to attack a opponent and if just two moves work, then that player needs to learn more. he needs to learn how to move carefully and when to swing and when to use a particular force power. To me there is nothing better then fighting another backstabing or DFA or light finisher spamming whore.

Indeed.

I give mucho respect to anyone who is able to even get me off me feet in a duel.

If they can close the distance and kill me before I get protect on, or get lined up to kick off them when I recover, then they managed to do something few players are able to do, so I compliment them.

The other day I was playing a guy who did nothing but saber throws. The guy would not get within 20 feet of me and if you tried to close the gap with a few rolls he would turn tail and roll away until you stopped.

This guy frustrated the Hell out of me, but rather than complain or flame the guy I continued to play him until I was able to find flaws in his style that could be exploited.

The bottom line is, you are only as good as the people you play.

The only way to get better is to play opponents that are better than you and learn from your mistakes.

This is why the whining will never stop and also why people will always have different opinions about pull/backstab:

We just get our kicks from different things. You actually need to set up some sort of scorecard model. The more points, the more fun you get. Take a look:

I'll make up two criteria (just two to keep it simple):

1: being no. 1 on the server

2: fighting honorable

Now [HoD]Rochambeau gets the most fun out of the game when he wins (and is numer 1 on the server). Judging his style he gives 90 points to criteria no. 1. Fighting honorable in FFA games is not important to him so he gives 0 points to criteria no. 2. This adds up to a total fun level of 90. :)

Now another guy would judge this style totally different. Being no. 1 on the server is not that important to him. So he thinks "backstabbing the 10000th person just to be no. 1 is no fun for me." He would judge Rochambeau's style with 0 points for criteria 1. Fighting honorable is very important to this guy. He refuses to use backstab moves, lightning and whatever is considered to be "l4me". He looks at Rochambeau's style and thinks: the guy doesn't fight honorable so I judge his style with 0 points for criteria 2. This adds up to a total fun level of 0 points.

So while Rochambeau has quite some fun using his playing style, others would say "why do you play like that, it's no fun!".

DUH!

It is the same with cheating. I don't cheat. I don't read walkthroughs. But hey: if I bought a game for 50 € and after 1 hour of playing I can't solve a puzzle, I try harder. And harder. And harder. And at some point: I'll check a walkthrough. This point is reached, when the frustration I get from "I can't get any further" gets stronger than the kicks I get from "not having to use walkthroughs" and I risk to put the game away entirely. Note: I have a job and a family and I play to have fun and relax. So at some point, in order to get some "return on investment" for the money I paid for the game, I need to get on with it.

Also I must say that all that "backstabbers have no skill" is bullsh!t. Sure, there are lots of people who are new to the game, learn the backstab first and do not do anything else.

But what Rochambeau did is different. Once you build up some skill e.g. in NF duels and then turn to FFA games, hey, why not do backsweeping if you like? As we all read it can be countered so it is not that much of "abusing an exploited game bug" (which rather could be considered cheap).

I think someone who has "gone the whole way", knows all the moves, knows the game etc. should have the right to say: "Look. I am simple. I just want to be no. 1 on the server. That's fun for me. So I go for it the most effective way". What's wrong with that?

As for "ah, but you spoil other people's fun". Well, you also spoil these people's fun if you win with other moves against them. They just can't stand losing.

Take me as an example:

I am no hardcore gamer. JK2 is the first game I play online excessively. I am no "played-every-FPS-in-the-world"-Player. The ones I tried, I put away rather quickly because I was owned badly. In Unreal Tournament I couldn't even win against bots, since I never really bothered to learn how to play the game.

So I started JK2 with Single Player. I started reading the forums. I beat the game SP. I started to play MP against bots. When I won every time against Jedi Master Bots I started to play online. I really built up skill from the scratch. I practiced moves against bots or against single player NPCs and so forth. Before these 1-hit-kill-wonders were released I already knew a lot about the game. When I read about backstabbing whores, I tried this. I saw that it was rather easy to win with this tactic.

When I play online now, I also use backstabbing for a while. (I hardly do pull/backstab since I play NF mostly) That's because I also DO get the kick out of being no. 1 somewhat. But when I am no. 1 on the server with, say, a 3 kill lead, I go and look for something else like duel the best player I encountered so far. Or switch from light to dark or just try another tactic. If people whine about backstabbing, I'll challenge them for a duel or fight them without backstabbing. Many times I won the respect of my opponent when he realises that backstabbing is NOT the only thing I can do.

Ah well...

Why is everyone giving this guy a massive bitch thread? Its not worth making a flame of. Just agree that if your only way of getting ahead on the score boards is thru ass rapeage (seems apropriate) then you lack the skill to compete with the serious players, and you'll only spoil it for alot of those who are just there for a laugh reguardless of being the best or not.

With any luck this'll be adressed in the next patch, but these ppl arent worth argueing with, its all they know so their bound to defend it.

But i do think u ass rapers are all \/\/ank monkeys!

Just wanted to chime in with support for Rochambeau. I'm not the best player in the world, (damn reflexes are starting to go a little off now that I've almost hit 30!) but I'm pretty good. Just ask anyone who plays on the servers I frequent.

Pull/Backstab is a completely valid strategy. It's hardly unstoppable. I use it pretty extensively. Why? Because it's the most effective technique I've found so far. And if my opponent can't counter it, that's their problem not mine. If they can counter it- great! I've found someone that might be interesting to fight. Time to start trying different tactics, trying my best to kill them.

When I first encountered the pull/backstab move, it was on a force Duel server. This one guy was owning the server, and eventually everyone left because they couldn't handle it. I stuck around, and for next two hours got my ass kicked. Finally, I started to come up with good counters against the move, and I didn't loose another match that night.

Was I upset when I was getting dominated by the move? Yes. Was I angry? Yes. Was I frustrated? Yes. Did I quit and leave? No. Did I whine? No. Did I learn how to counter it? Yes. Did I become a better player? Yes.

Hell, I've really intergated the move into my style. Usually I don't even draw my saber until I'm ready to deliver a blow. Nothing like dodging incoming heavy reaper or Fletchet fire with your saber down (ie no blocking) while closing with a gunner. What a rush!

Do I always win doing this? No, of course not. But I am having fun... a LOT of fun, using pull backstab. Will I cry if the move gets nerfed in the next patch? Nope.

Just my two cents.

Sleepy TKC

you sound like someone right up my alley. hope to see you in the game sometime. It would be "FUN" to play a fellow pull/pusher : )

Of course we know that we when play eachother we do resort to other tactics and rely less on pull and push stab moves. others just dont understand this and probably will never take the time to.

you sound like someone right up my alley. hope to see you in the game sometime. It would be "FUN" to play a fellow pull/pusher : )

Of course we know that we when play eachother we do resort to other tactics and rely less on pull and push stab moves. others just dont understand this and probably will never take the time to.

also like when you play me eh leelink?

resorting to other tactics because it never works against me:P

yes, exactly, I dont spend a lot of time pushing or pulling or backstabbing Twins of doom, but I will do it occasionally to keep him on his toes and let him know when he lets his gaurd down my pull will be there : )

for those pull/push whores please read the tactics at

http://jkhq.ath.cx/leelinkneutralforce.php

you'll love the jump and pull move on those maps with a drop or a bottomless pit.

update: who you calling a force whore ; )

dont be telling them how to beat us pull whores now twins of doom, I wont have anyone to take my fustrations out on : )

yes, exactly, I dont spend a lot of time pushing or pulling or backstabbing Twins of doom, but I will do it occasionally to keep him on his toes and let him know when he lets his gaurd down my pull will be there : )

for those pull/push whores please read the tactics at

http://jkhq.ath.cx/leelinkneutralforce.php

you'll love the jump and pull move on those maps with a drop or a bottomless pit.

and for those fighting force whores of all kinds

http://jkhq.ath.cx/absorbguide.php

Originally posted by z0mbi3

Why is everyone giving this guy a massive bitch thread? Its not worth making a flame of. Just agree that if your only way of getting ahead on the score boards is thru ass rapeage (seems apropriate) then you lack the skill to compete with the serious players, and you'll only spoil it for alot of those who are just there for a laugh reguardless of being the best or not.

With any luck this'll be adressed in the next patch, but these ppl arent worth argueing with, its all they know so their bound to defend it.

But i do think u ass rapers are all \/\/ank monkeys!

the reason why is cause it SUCKS big time when your in a server and you cant even play cause some jerk is calling you all sorts of names cause you happened to be kicking their butt. The games supposed to be fun, so make it fun for everyone, not just yourself.

Well rochambo,

you carry on using one move all the time, i'm sure that you will give up on JKII as soon as you find a player that can out-lame you.

What you fail to mention in your rather 'tiresome' post, is that the way you play is a very cowardly way to play.

Does 'winning' in this manner give you a sense of acheivement? It wouldnt do anything for me, I'd rather lose every single time than employ such a lame tactic.

There is a huge difference between winning and winning well, unfortunately going by your description of your gameplay even if you do get the highest number of frags, you are ultimately a loser.

I really hope i fight you, I bet i cut your ego in half!!!!

Peace

Jah

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

Well rochambo,

you carry on using one move all the time, i'm sure that you will give up on JKII as soon as you find a player that can out-lame you.

What you fail to mention in your rather 'tiresome' post, is that the way you play is a very cowardly way to play.

Does 'winning' in this manner give you a sense of acheivement? It wouldnt do anything for me, I'd rather lose every single time than employ such a lame tactic.

There is a huge difference between winning and winning well, unfortunately going by your description of your gameplay even if you do get the highest number of frags, you are ultimately a loser.

I really hope i fight you, I bet i cut your ego in half!!!!

Peace

Jah

See, that's what I was talking about (in MY tiresome long post... :D ) People simply get the kicks out of different things.

It's the same with Unreal Tournament vs. CounterStrike. The CS guy would say "bah, UT is for lamers it's just running around and shooting at anything that moves, no tactics and no strategy involved, no teamplay yada yada yada".

Whereas the UT player says "WTF, running around and shoot at anything that moves, THATS EXACTLY THE THING I WANNA DO!!!! don't want tactics, I don't want strategy, I just want to frag the hell out of people, quick and hard."

The problem with JK2 is, that it allows both styles to happen in the same game. The UT-style JK2 players meet the CS-type of JK2 players in one FFA game and simply have different point of views.

Since there is no way implemented in the game to differentiate between "winning" (= highest number of frags) and "winning well" (every playedr has a different opinion about what that is), we will always and forever have these discussions.

I DO NOT know how to backstab " purposely " to defeat someone.I have tried it every time i play, but can't figure the damn thing out. I havn't bothered looking it up yet in the 2 months i've been playing, but, still ""Home Depot Jedi"" ( my name in multiplayer) does rather well.

I do hate the pull backstab. But I have found ways of avoiding it. I like to call it the Dark Side, lol. I just use drain and lighting with healthy doses of small side jumps and quick medium saber hits or throws and it works half the time. Most of those players are easy to spot because of their ebonic clan monikers, and they're tactics are easy to pick up on. Me being a METAL fan, i do enjoy sabering their wigger asses...OH YEAH!! :D:D

Alot of the times, I just fight someone else or go to another server and try that one if it gets too bad. I find it very dumb when players ass fight. It looks like the Ai is screwed up, lol... but I'm not paying to play Jedi KNight online, so this is what you get for FREE.

As far as the jerk players online, who swear at you and call you a bitch for sabering/lighting/detonating them...just refer to paragraph 2 last sentence..."SABERING THEIR WIGGER ASSES" :D

I have had some really good long 5+ min saber fights in FFA with a host of people..so its possible to find a good server on the list to play in. Wookie Beer party is a good one i have found...

2 main points of this post.....

1) its FREE to play online....you get what you PAY for

2) Don't shop at Lowes!

Originally posted by Takeoffyouhoser

2 main points of this post.....

1) its FREE to play online....you get what you PAY for

2) Don't shop at Lowes!

*sigh*

It's NOT free to play online. You still have to buy the game. Some people buy the game just to do that.

Again - this rule seems to apply here as well - people get their kicks from different things... some just pay for playing online and don't even bother about single player

or they cheat their way through it....

when i meant its free online I meant after you pay for the game and internet connection!! lol

To me, Star Wars is best summed up in SP. I didn't buy this game to play MP . I like the star wars universe, i like the adventure in it...MP doesn't offer that...but, its fun to play against REAL people in duels and FFA and whatnot...

Archived