speaker or headphones... poll.  

18 members have voted

1. 1. speaker or headphones... poll.

• speakers
    • headphones
    • I am deaf
    • I do not own a soundcard
    • I own a IMAX theater and use that for my gameing

well which is it? which do you like better?

I am a headphones man all the way, I can play whatever I like as loud as I like.... with speakers, it was a constant battle about noise with the other people who live with me....

how bout you guys?

Same as you, and for the same reasons :)

I occasionally use speakers, but that usually means I can't have it nearly as loud as I'd like...

I spent £100 (about $140) on a decent pair of headphones, and I've never regretted it - the sound quality is very nearly as good as my stereo! :eek: (And it's not a bad stereo :p)

i spent £180 on an audigy and some inspire speakers

i would neva go back to heads or normal pc speakers EVA

and my mother doesnt mind much unless i put it up really loud :)

i voted imax theatre ... cos sometimes ... it feels like that

Hey question, how good are the Inspire?

I'm asking because I'm rather stuck between deciding wether I should get a Klipsch Pro Media Sterio system or the Creative Inspire 5.1 - I'm probably going with Klipsch but I'd like to see some reasons as to why getting Creative would be a better idea.

Cheers ;)

yall gonna yell at me, but I have/use a intel GB850B mo-bo w/ onboard sound.... and love it...

cheapo headphones too... if I play music with lots of bass though... I will get my sony earbuds out... best things ever... came with my walkman... loveum...

neva heard of the others

i bought the inspires cos they seemed like a good set for my budget (of £100 at most) and i got an audigy so i matched it up

i like em ... not the most powerfull of speakers but u cant get them to distort be4 u start to annoy yerself with the sounds

Gp3 at really high volume OMG that was amazing!

Originally posted by AB_Legion

Hey question, how good are the Inspire?

I'm asking because I'm rather stuck between deciding wether I should get a Klipsch Pro Media Sterio system or the Creative Inspire 5.1 - I'm probably going with Klipsch but I'd like to see some reasons as to why getting Creative would be a better idea.

Cheers ;)

I have the inspire and I always use my headphones. I play better with them games wise, and they are comfy.

That I don't sorry, I was just responding to your post in context to the poll. I use the Creative Inspire and they are wonderful Speakers. they work great for DVD movies with DTS sound and so On. So There's one Pro for the Inspire that's all I can give you sorry.

aha!! Nevermind everyone!! :D :D :D

There's a new review out today from my fav spot: http://www.hothardware.com which answers pretty much I wanted to know:

Klipsch = Better sound, better everything yet the difference between Klipsch and Inspire mainly rest on Music rather gaming quality

Inspire = Cheaper and still pretty good, you're getting your moneys worth of course...

Copy from site review for the Insipre 5.3:

Pros

· Decent sound for the price.

· Great for DirectSound 3D games.

Centre channel can be auto-generated if desired.

Cons

· Weak subwoofer.

· Rather distorted when the volume levels goes above 1/4.

· No external Centre channel volume control.

A good read for future people who want to know: http://www.techspot.com/reviews/hardware/inspire5300/index.shtml

Cheers ;)

P.S. I'm going with Klipsch all the way now, just as I was planning to :cool:

Ah that is why I have the 5700's, Which are much much better.

He was reviewing the 5300's which have no external amplifier tpe control. Oh well your mind is made up anyways. I don't work for Creative so I'm not gonna push for you to change your mind. Buy what you like.

Archived