Home

Plo Koon Model!

ET Warrior

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be blunt. It sounds like a retarded pit droid talking about his wrench. Its just that bad, skip that, and plo koon DOESNT speak telepathicly, the official starwars site says he talks. Maybe in the comics they say that, but we all know how those damn comics change and screw everything up. :rolleyes:

As promised, some home-made taunts that sound like I've always imagined he might sound like.

http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/plokoon1.mp3

http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/plokoon2.mp3

http://windu.cjb.net/plokoon/plokoon3.mp3

Opinions? If you like the voice, but think you have a better idea for a line, let me know, I can do it, since those taunts above are just me, my laptop, and some software :)

Originally posted by philemon

Im just wondering if everyone else thinks the same as you

Yep, exactly. This is how I picture his voice, others may picture it much different. If anyone can describe how they think he should sound, I can give that a try too :)

Well, Plo Koon doesn't actually speak, he communicates telepathically, which is what I was going for with the sureallness of my recordings :) That's why the Clone Campaigns sounds don't really work, they're too metallic because one of the creators of that expansion pack apparently thought Plo speaks through his mask.

well the protoss are telepathic too, if it sounds distorted, it will be like they are hearing his telepathic messages, its not like they are animating his mouth (does he even have one!?) so it could be telepathy in the form of sounds you think you hear. protoss-like sounds would be great.

To me, the voice still sounds a bit too....robotic. I like the depth that it has(maybe a bit too deep, though), but I always imagined telepathy as sounding more echoey and calming, like in a dream. Kind of how it sounds when Ben says "Luke, use the force" during the first death star run, but with more distortion and echo. The current effect kind of makes me wonder if plo koon is possessed ;) . It just seems a little angry and demonic, and thats not what I think of when the term jedi comes to mind.

I think the reverb sounds fine. maybe do a little bit of an accent though, he sounds too old ben kenobi-ish. Maybe a mix between Boba Fett, an Irishman, and the reverb you got going on. I guess it would be a deep raspier version of the lucky charms guy. Its worth a try. Heck, why can't telepathic aliens have accents? but your definitelly on the right track with the protoss thing. thats what i think of when i think telepathy (for males). for females, it would be more like inbredyokel described, but i believe plo koon is male... then again, how would we know. most of you think mon mothma is female! lol.

I do have to agree with Klorel that no matter what effect you go for, it needs to have a bit of an accent and a little more expression in the voice. More of a calm warning of "Your demise is inevitable..." than a robotic "YOUR DEMISE IS INEVITABLE." Personally, I like "To oppose me is to oppose the Force" as a taunt.

Archived