Home

Plo Koon Model!

ET Warrior

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do seem a little...angry. Like someone really did something to tick him off and he's trying to sound like he can contain his anger and talk bad at the same time. Think calm, peaceful, and collected, he is one of the greatest jedi, after all. Anger and passion would be too great a downfall for him to be such a high-ranking jedi.

*waits for it to load* damn its taking longer than it should...

wow Bradu...i liked the first lightsaber u did...

but that one...sounds great man =O)...sounds telepathically to

since it took a while to load i went into T2 and all of a sudden i hear "My lightsbaer is ready for the challenge" and i freaked cuz i was like what the hell is that? but then realized it was ur recording...so good job...u got the telephatic sound down good imo

grr...damn headphones..that scared me =OD...it really sounded like it was in my head lol

one last suggestion(i hope u don't mind =O\)

when ur talking and making it...it almost sounds...to slow...like hes standing and isn't in action...so u might wanna say it a little bit faster

but then again since hes talking telepathically...telepathic talk might not sound out of breathe or like there really fighting...but i think it would add more to it

argh...i hate having to say i like better than the other =O\

pud that was good...and ur right it might sound like that...but i think Bradfu's latest MP3 soudns the best

also Bradfu...if u can find anything on Star Wars Obi 1 for XBox...try and listen to Plo Koon talk...its not telepathic but it might give u an idea on what his voice might sound like

Very nice BradFu, Your latest mp3 is very good, the echo and a little resonance is definatly nessessary, I'm sure talking through that mouthpeice creates a little distortion. A suggestion though, perhaps lower the pitch a little bit, sorta like a stormtrooper.

On the next project topic, I was going to attempt to do Kit Fisto, but perhaps someone with your talent should go for it :D I do like Trebor Coleman though, there is something about him, I'm not sure, he looks pretty badass in that second pic

CT :lightning

http://www.drivingcatstudios.com

Wow, that's frickin perfect. I would also say ditch the accent on the other recordings, it gets a little distracting. The tone is just right, and it makes it feel more like he regrets having to strike down his opponent, but will do it if he must. He's not boastful, and is just stating things matter-of-factly. If you change anything, I'd say add just a TINY bit more echo, if even that. Quite awsome though :D

Toonces, I think he's going for a telepathic sounding voice, because Plo can't actually talk and his species is adept at that kind of thing(I think). Btw, your emperor model is looking awsome. :emperor:

Well, I'm shooting for telepathic speak, rather than speaking through the mouthpeice. I personally haven't seen anything that indicates he speaks with his mouth, and plenty that indicates he speaks telepathically.

Anybody else have an opinion on the voice? I can try all kinds of things :)

Good job Bradfu...your Lightsaber 3 was good =O)

it gets a lil scratchy in some parts but i won't complain..very good...ty for taking my comments and using them =OD heh

also...i do think he talks telepathically...but i mean

its kind of hard to believe that he can't speak with a mouth...i think he can speak through the mask (like in Star Wars Obi 1...doesn't make it official though)...and u can tell its definatly not telepathic...and also in jedi "meetings"...telepathic talk wouldn't serve a good purpose...i mena yea...if he did a "global" message im sure eveyrone would know who it was...but i dbout that if there was a "meeting" or anything like that...he would talk telepathically...so i think he can talk through his mask

also Lucas Arts wouldn't do that cuz that would be weird if all of a sudden someone said "yes plo koon thats right" and yet no one heard anything =OD lmao

anywya Bradfu...great job =O)

PS...someone go post in my Dragons Claw thread =OD lol...i need something answered anyway if someone doesn't ,omd taking a look

hmm...i know this might seem kind of Cocky for a Jedi Master to say (i mean all sith/dark side people have said something similar and died lol) but how does something along these lines sound

"Your no match for the ways of a Jedi Master"

or soemthing like that...argh..i really gotta stop my spam posting lol..sorry <=O\

Sounds great.. since im inexperienced in these kinda things and dont have much experience... I have no real suggestions.

As for the next model....

I would say..

4-lom http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/4lom/

or Saesee Tiin would look awesome!!!!!!!! http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/index.html

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the voice is good, but maybe a little raspier (sounds a little too human for a crabfaced thing like plo) and a bit more echo. I'm really thinking protoss is the way to go - think dark templar. And maybe have him say something really deep (deep as in metephoric) cause if he can communicate telepathically, he is obviously a highly intelligent being, and being a jedi master, would probably use lots of metaphors like yoda does and such --just with more correct grammar :p . I just think "My light saber is ready for battle" is a little too... grunt warriorish, they are keepers of the peace, not warriors :D great work on the sounds so far though, what program are you using?

-Klorel

Originally posted by Zain Sundancer

nice find bradfu

Oh I didn't find them, I made them from scratch :) That's my voice, run through a bunch of different alterations. I'm using a program called Cool Edit 2000.

Bradfu,

I like the echo and everything that you've got on the last attempt.

The voice sounds ok too, but (Since this is all just out of our own imaginations) I'll suggest adding or creating a sound to his voice that's almost insect-like. I can't think of another way to put it. A little creak or clicking, not scratchy but kind of "croaky" <--- ?? LOL!

I don't know, if you could keep the voice you used, maybe a little bit lower/deeper, and add an almost metallic creaking effect to it's ambience.

This reminds me of trying to TALK about music... someone said that that's like trying to dance about a book.

-nomad

MTFBWY

Originally posted by nomad

I'll suggest adding or creating a sound to his voice that's almost insect-like. I can't think of another way to put it. A little creak or clicking, not scratchy but kind of "croaky" <--- ?? LOL!

I don't know, if you could keep the voice you used, maybe a little bit lower/deeper, and add an almost metallic creaking effect to it's ambience.

yeah, like i said, raspier, it sounds a little too human right now. in my opinion that is (and i guess in nomad's as well)

Archived