Home

Do All of you Guys play on Zone.com?

Clone_1102A

I can proudly say that I have NOT re-activated my Zone account(s) since JK2 was released, and as a result, have NOT played JK2 on the Zone EVER.

I say this, because I never liked the Zone, and only used it due to a lack of games elsewhere (even GSA, when we had problems with the LFN IP boards). Now I just use the built in browser, and Qtracker for "out of game" browsing. ; )

Why won't I use the Zone now, even though it's free? One factor is the pointless (and security-risk-prone) ".NET" passport crap. Also the in-game browser is a lot faster and doesn't require me to install any extra software (that requires frequent updating, such as the MSN Zone software).

Like Kurgan, I also avoid the Zone like the plague, due to the .net crap. I personally use QTracker, mainly to find out if the person I'm playing against has set up the server yet. No point in waiting for JO to load, not seeing the server, getting out, and ICQing the person to ask where it is. QTracker loads a lot faster than the game, and I can moniter to see whether the game is up THERE

Originally posted by Divine Spirit

joke10.jpg

need i say more? :D

HEY YOU THERE! *I* was going to post that pic! :mad::D

Seriously, try out the All-Seeing Eye. It's waaaayyy better than the in-game thingy and beats gamespy easily.

Never tried the Zone, but that pic speaks for itself. LoL!

Originally posted by Darth Kiil

I'm just curious, of those of you who used to play jk1 on the zone and will never go back, do any of you have another reason for not going back (i.e. a guy by the name of Darchind)?

I got INCREDIBLY sick of the rampant immaturity & cheating that went around there. Cog hacks a-plenty back in the jk1 days. :(

Originally posted by HellFyre69

one question...

Why ppl use third party programs to find server... THe game has one.. and is very usefull!!! Why would they even think of using a program to find a server?

I actually posted my reason, but I will elaborate. I'm one of those weirdos who actually prefers playing people he KNOWS, instead of playing on a random server. For finding games with my friends, loading QTracker, a small and quick-loading program, makes more sense than loading JO, which takes a bit of time. Also, with QTracker, I can search for more than one friend at once, unlike the JO search function. With QTracker, I can find the servers easily, and go straight into them when I load the game.

O.K. here we go:

I LIKE THE ZONE.

there i said it.

ya thats right, i like the zone, why? because its hard to have clans and such with the in-game browser. you can't cheat, or i haven't seen anybody, with pure server and there doesn't seem to be much scum around. i didn't mind the zone for jk1 either though. i like chatting to people and joining training rooms or the rare rpg. i don't see what people don't like about the zone...

Archived