Home

Xbox, PS2, or PC?

Loyal_Imperial

What version of SWG will you be playing?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What version of SWG will you be playing?

• PC
    • Xbox
    • PS2

I really want to know who will be playing SWG on what platform. Because right now it appears to me I might be rethinking getting it for Xbox, only due to the fact that most will be playing it on the PC version.

What version of SWG are you going to be playing?

Well, the XboX have some gigs of hard drive if I don't remember wrong, so thats no problem. The PS2, though, can't be patched, unless everyone buy a new CD every month. *chuckles at the disadvantages of console multiplayer gaming*

Xbox has a 10 gig hard-drive and can already play Xbox online via GameSpy Arcade (I play Halo alot =). It is said that Xbox has capabilities of updating via the Internet as soon as Xbox Live comes out (November 2002), also via CD's. Just make an update CD and it will store the information to the hard-drive. Either the company will do that (which you must purchase), or you download it from your PC and burn it to a CD-RW. Then just insert the CD into your Xbox (make sure the CD is a CD-RW, the only burnt CD Xbox reads) and it will auto update if the company created the update correctly.

Disclaimer: Remember this is all "it is"/"was" said stuff, so you can't take my word with updates.

Also 1 more thing: People are saying "I sure hope that Xbox doesn't have the capability to play on the same server as the PC version!" -- Well you actually would want to have the Xbox community in conjunction with the PC community because:

1.) No lag - Xbox only allows you to go online if you have broadband (i.e. Cable, DSL, T1, T3, etc).

2.) More people.

3.) Why not? Some people say "It will stink, because if you encounter someone with Xbox they can't type!", yes they can, but in a better fashion-- With the Xbox Live headsets. So they can actually talk instead typing (IF SWG permits).

I've heard other people say "Well it will include less features than the PC version..." - Not necessarily, ONLY if LucasArts is too lazy to make 3 versions and makes the Xbox and the PS2 the same. Xbox can store multitudes of information right on it's hard-drive. Basically LucasArts could just put the PC version right to the Xbox without a reduction of quality or features (which if SWG allows - again, can be updated like a PC version). BUT not so with PS2.

I sure hope the Xbox can play on the same server as the PC's (even though it has been said it can't). I still have hopes :-).

• 3 weeks later...

i've got a ps2, & am currently buildin my new badass computer...

i'ma play it on the computer of course, cuz there's no way an mmorpg could be that good on a console...

the PS2 will be comming out with shortly, or already has come out with (i forget) an internet setup that includes both a hard drive & a modem typed thing, but i believe it too runs at dsl/cable/t1/t3 only...this external box will convieniently attach to the back of the PS2 where all those li'l ports that i never use are for.

Hopefully, my PS2 will be busy with GTA: Vice City by October to keep me entertained until SWG is out (aaaah! the boredom is killing me! - i desparately need new games).

I might be a little old fashioned but in my world, there's a few rules:

Fighter, platform and racing games are played on consoles. Only.

Flight simulators, strategy games, FPS and MMORPGs are played on computers. Only.

And tetris is played in arcades! :)

I've got a PS2, and the graphics are fantastic, IF the game is a PS2 exclusive. Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2, the new Tomraider : Dark Angel(PS2 Exclusive), Devil May Cry 2, all excellent.

I got an XBOX because they are finally beginning to hit their stride with games, like Knights of the Old Republic(oh yeah!).

However, I will be getting SWG for the PC. I just feel more comfortable playing an RPG on a PC at this point.:D

Originally posted by Exar Kun II

I've got a PS2, and the graphics are fantastic, IF the game is a PS2 exclusive. Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2, the new Tomraider : Dark Angel(PS2 Exclusive), Devil May Cry 2, all excellent.

I got an XBOX because they are finally beginning to hit their stride with games, like Knights of the Old Republic(oh yeah!).

However, I will be getting SWG for the PC. I just feel more comfortable playing an RPG on a PC at this point.:D

might i inform u that the games u named don't have big scenes, all relatively small chambers or places... swg has alot of places where u can look for miles in both directions... this is the stuff i don't think ps2 will be able to run smoothly

Originally posted by DudEhead

might i inform u that the games u named don't have big scenes, all relatively small chambers or places... swg has alot of places where u can look for miles in both directions... this is the stuff i don't think ps2 will be able to run smoothly

This may be true.

*cough GTA3 *cough.

*cough HALO *cough.

somethings going around.

And-ha tha LORD descended-ha upon tha people, and he said, HE SAID:

"Knoweth thee thy gaming, and knoweth thee my rule: Thy shalt not play Brittney Spears game, for it is tainted by the Beast. Thy shalt not walk away fromst the divine light of the Emulator, for 8bit isth the beginning, and end, of all. And above all creation, I will put the PC: it will be given the power to communicate, to renderth 3d images and kicketh ass. Do not foul ye hands by playing MMORPGs on consoles, for it is like throwing beads to thy swine. For mine is the power, glory, and gaming, forever."

Can-ah getta amen, brothers and sisters?

*Aa-men!*

Halle-LUJAH! Praise the Lord!

Originally posted by DudEhead

You have not seen Devil May Cry 2. Very expansive maps from what I have seen. Granted you cannot look for "miles" in every direction, but at this point it is comparing apples and oranges. SWG like any MMORPG is meant to have expansive environments. I was just using the previously mentioned games to illustrate my point regarding graphics capabilities.:D

Archived