Home

Jediknightii.net server

Agen

Don't you think it woudl be a good idea to have a jkii.net server so most of the time you can play people off the forums. Like a hangout server. You could have dif servers with dif modes too. so you can choose what they want and paly there. Anyone else think this is a good idea or will i jsut go an sit in the corner?

I got the idea form artifex's old server, there were laods of peps that you knew from here even tho they all spammed pull and backstab. Still enjoyable and started going to it all the time then he stopepd it.

What names do you play as?

Mine is [RAA]-=Chi3f=- and I usually play DUEL and CTF. Every now and then I'll look people up and ask them about the forum. It's pretty fun.

Oh, BTW, there's another TYRION out there that's a real POS. I don't think it's this Tyrion, but I'm not sure. Have you seen this guy?

My buddies and I do that off of my co-worker's forum and, even more so, the irc room we are always in (irc.enterthegame.com #phhortress). We have an 8-player server hosted by clanservers.net (http://www.clanservers.net) and if traffic picks up enough, we can have it bumped up to 16 (I think...the admin would have to confirm).

It is more fun when you can catch a group you know and play at a favorite haunt. Stop by, the game server is 208.152.157.155 28070 (PHHear PHHactory). There are 2 bots when no one is in, and as players join, the bots get kicked.

Originally posted by Agen_Terminator

Don't you think it woudl be a good idea to have a jkii.net server so most of the time you can play people off the forums. Like a hangout server. You could have dif servers with dif modes too. so you can choose what they want and paly there. Anyone else think this is a good idea or will i jsut go an sit in the corner?

:: points to corner ::

:D

That would be a good idea. now if only someone would dedicate the computer and their bandwidth for such a service.

If you want to butt heads with me I'm usually on the [Darkside] servers or Red Hand. You can also look me up by my screen name.

I'm banned from the Red hand servers for not voting to kick a guy who just came in and had a ping of 300, so i mgiht look for you on the darkside servers.

Yeh since jkii.net has it's own server for the website, i was thinknig it coudl probably host a server for jk2.

That's a great idea, however somebody would have to donate the server. Our network just doesn't have the money to do it right now. We pay for everything out of our own pockets and that's not a lot of money. Ad money doesn't pay for a lot as it is.

However, anybody willing to donate anything should talk to Aristotle immediately with their offer. ; )

Actually, danbeck (Daniel Beckham of JediBoard fame) donated his server for use, but the post is way back in the News Archives (from March, 2002 when the game came out). I can repost it...

He said it was a teamgame server, up most of the time, and especially for our members and Qtracker users. ; )

Update: found it! (this should go as a sticky)

JK2 Teamplay Server (Friday, Mar 29 - 12:17 PM)

Server: jedi.dealnews.com (208.251.150.3)

Admin: danbeck

Type: Linux, T1

Provided By: Dealnews.com

Danbeck, who many of you may remember from JK.net's JediBoard (which may be revived soon) has graciously provided a gaming server for visitors of the the network! He informs me that the semi-permanent server will rotate levels with special emphasis on Team based play, including FFA, Holocron Match, Jedi Master, and CTF.

That's a great idea, however somebody would have to donate the server. Our network just doesn't have the money to do it right now. We pay for everything out of our own pockets and that's not a lot of money. Ad money doesn't pay for a lot as it is.

Yeh, i understand and i never immediately knew thta you all payed for it out of your pocket but now that i think of it, that makes sense. So now it's up to someone with a very warm heart want to donate their server (or steal it form workand use it) so the communtiy can use.

PS: when i went on danbecks server it was screwed :(

Archived