Home

WIP: Ki Adi Mundi

Psyk0Sith

Kit Fisto: the purple lightsaber is unique to Mace Windu. However, I'm not sure about yellow lightsabers in AOTC. Just a little doubt that came up in my mind this very second.

On the taunt subject: I'm seeing TPM right now, and Ki-Adi-Mundi also says:

"And draw out the Queen's attacker"

I will, however, post a complete line list (in TPM) for Ki-Adi-Mundi in a short while.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by sathanas

Kit Fisto: the purple lightsaber is unique to Mace Windu. However, I'm not sure about yellow lightsabers in AOTC. Just a little doubt that came up in my mind this very second.

On the taunt subject: I'm seeing TPM right now, and Ki-Adi-Mundi also says:

"And draw out the Queen's attacker"

I will, however, post a complete line list (in TPM) for Ki-Adi-Mundi in a short while.

Ah cool, could you rip all the lines you have?

All you people who helped here with the taunts will be mentioned in the readme :)

On a sick note: we could also compose: "Your the queens mother"

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

I think in TPM for he says:

"The force is strong with him"

Correct.

"I sense, he will reveal himself again"

Wrong, but he does say "And draw out the Queen's attacker"

"Your thoughts dwell on your mother"

"Impossible, the sith have been extinct for a millenium"

Both correct!

Grafox: I'm a sore loser who bought TPM on VHS. The only way I could record his lines would involve taking my VCR to the computer room, and record his speech from the TV, using my headset mic. However, I will search the internet for wave files containing the lines we want. If it was from the original trilogy, it'd be fairly easy, as they are some sites dedicated to old SW audio files. I will update you shortly.

Edit: about the readme, please, for the record, call me SJ. I'm a regular at the GameSpy Forums, but lucasforums wouldn't allow such a short name as SJ. And it's a very funny quote if you ask me "You're the Queen's mother".

2nd Edit: Psyk0Sith: seems that you may be right about the line "I sense he will reveal himself again". Check this url: http://www.rebelscum.com/EP1kiadimundi.asp However, I will have to take another look at Ep1, I did not even find it on my second serious attempt at locating it!

http://www.tsr.org/StarWars/multimedia/wavs/mother.wav

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Keep/1197/ep1/council/millennium.wav

Only found those two links above, and both are in really bad quality. I gotta try and cook a solution, but I bet many over here have Episode 1's DVD, and will make a better job. Just have a program such as GoldWave http://www.goldwave.com/release.html recording the sounds as you play the DVD. Also, I reccomend GoldWave for anything involving audio editing.

Ok, taking a srcipt as a reference (http://home.online.no/~bhundlan/scripts/Star-Wars-Episode-I.txt) I located the part where Ki-Adi is supposed to say the "I sense he will reveal himself again." line. I'll post it here:

INT. TEMPLE OF THE JEDI - COUNCIL CHAMBERS - DAY

QUI-GON stands in a tall stately room. Twelve JEDI sit in a

semi-circle. OBI-WAN stands behind QUI-GON in the center of

the room.

The Senior Jedi is MACE WINDU. To his left is an alien Jedi

named KI-ADI-MUNDI, and to his right, the Jedi Master, YODA.

QUI-GON

...my only conclusion can be that it

was a Sith Lord.

MACE WINDU

A Sith Lord?!?

KI-ADI

Impossible! The Sith have been extinct

for a millenium.

YODA

The very Republic is threatened, if

involved the Sith are.

MACE WINDU

I do not believe they could have

returned without us knowing.

YODA

Hard to see, the dark side is.

Discover who this assassin is, we

must.

KI-ADI

I sense he will reveal himself again.

MACE WINDU

This attack was with purpose, that

is clear, and I agree the Queen is

the target.

YODA

With this Naboo queen you must stay,

Qui-Gon. Protect her.

MACE WINDU

We will use all our resources here

to unravel this mystery and discover

the identity of your attacker... May

the Force be with you.

YODA

May the Force be with you.

However, in TPM lots of cuts have been made it seems, so this whole dialog was cut to less than a half. He does not say, at least in the VHS cut, "I sense he will reveal himself again."

Originally posted by sathanas

However, in TPM lots of cuts have been made it seems, so this whole dialog was cut to less than a half. He does not say, at least in the VHS cut, "I sense he will reveal himself again."

Yeah, those were my thoughts, since KO did a wonderfull job on ripping the sounds from the dvd and he did not include that line.

Thanks for the help though!

In Episode I, they all had their own colors for sabers. Even though they don't use them, the comics and action figs tell it all. And in Ep. 1, Ki Adi had a purple saber. I thought it was kind of stupid how they had mostly "Traditional" colors in Episode II. And am I the only one that bought TPM on VHS and DVD, since the DVD came out 9 months after the release of the VHS, I could not wait.

In Episode 1, Ki Adi didn't have any color saber, despite the comics and toys. Here's how you need to look at the Star Wars universe at large, this is LucasFilm's official stance: Anything in the expanded universe (books, comics, etc) is official unless directly contradicted by something in the movies. Thus when we see Ki Adi with a blue saber in the movies, that is what is official.

Your arguement is that even though we don't see the blade, Ki Adi has a purple lightsaber in Episode 1. That's not correct. There is no scene, cut or otherwise, that Ki Adi's saber color was revealed, thus in Episode 1 he DID NOT have a purple saber. In the comics and toys, sure. The reason he had a purple saber in the comics and toys is because they took certain liberties when creating those. I would guess that at the time, George hadn't set in stone that all Jedi (excluding Mace Windu) carry blue or green-bladed lightsabers.

Because of the differences, and the lack of a DIRECT contradiction, I personally think Ki DID have a purple lightsaber around Episode 1, but by Episode 2, he has a blue lightsaber. Perhaps the lightsaber policy for the Jedi hadn't been put into place until sometime between the movies.

So to summarize: You can't say Ki Adi had a purple lightsaber in Episode 1 (Because Episode 1 is a movie, and he clearly did not reveal any lightsaber blade color), but you can say that he may have had one during that time period. For this model, and specifically for the bot file, it has to be decided whether this is an Episode 2 Ki Adi, or an expanded universe Ki Adi to decide what color the blade should be. I personally think that since you have a very solid, completely official blade color of blue from Episode 2, that's the color that should be used for the Bot.

With Mace's saber color, I'm sure it goes all along with that uh..switching with Ki Adi for awhile..heh...in JPB, that may very have been the lightsaber that Ki Adi used in Episode II, while he built himself his new lightsaber...the cool hilted purple bladed one that well..doesn't really but it'd be funny if it said "bad motherf*cker" on it, now wouldn't it? (bleeped it myself o.o)

I see that SithMaster had continued the "argument." I know what you're are saying about the time preriod and vaguely thats what I meant, but like SithM. said, and like in JPB, Mace had blue instead of purple, and like you all should know Plo had a yellw saber before the blue in Ep 2. And LEC cannot just make up crap. They have to check this out first. So they'd have to check with George's "People" before they go and put out crap.

So basically you're varfying what's been said over and over already? That Ki and Mace switched lightsabers around the time of The Phantom Menace, yet neither took them out during the time period of the phantom menace...and then, they switched back, and bam...all is episode II standards, eh?

yeah alot of the prequel myths and other stories that were written before ep 1 and ep 2, are now either just forgotten about or kinda fit in by changing it a little bit. I dont really care what color his saber is. And lets not turn this into an arguing thread like others have in the past. While we wait for updates, lets watch the monkey dance:monkey4:

Archived