Home

WIP: Ki Adi Mundi

Psyk0Sith

It was suggested that i should start a Ki Adi Mundi model since no one "claimed" him, i also found great reference pics for once...

I've done a lot of work on the head and thought it was time to get comments from the community and the fans (any fans out there??)

http://www.renegademods.info/users/PsykoSith/kiadimundi_01.jpg

the 1st head is 500+ polys and a quick uvw map was applied to see how things were looking with reduced faces.

the other 2 are 800 somthin', faceted and smooth render.

i'm also looking for pictures where i can see the back of the head and what the pony tail should look like...

i dont have much time to work on the body right now, but in a couple of weeks i should have something done.

thanx.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ki Adi Mundi's adventures are the stuff of legend. Anyone intrested in him would do well to check out the 1st Star Wars prequel-era comic books, reprinted in trade paperback format entitled Prelude to Rebellion and Outlander. He may not say or do much on screen, but he's one of the best comic-book characters.

Psyk0Sith, I'm most impressed by your work on the head. "I will be watching your career with great intrest".

I must disagree, with Tap earlier though, I believe photo skins are better. They bring a sence of realism to an already fantastic game.

That uvw map is just a test to see how the reduced polys look like...

I will need someone (like Grafox :) ) to skin this for me, as i seriously lack painting skills, i usually use photo realistic skins, but it's too small and it looks bad on close ups. (and what the hell, maybe release both skins, you decide which one you like best in-game)

Thanx for the links, i already have most of these pics, i just need a good shot from the back...

oh and the pony tail, he does have hair on top of that cranium right? i mean like a normal human being, not just a braid of hair coming out...i dont see it clearly enough to tell.

I still need to tweak it, i'll upload previews of different ways it could look like.

-Chrono_MOT-: i"m sure u'll have plenty of time to do the saber, before he is released!

keep checking back for updates.

Got some more, from mostly back-side. You can see from the pics that his braid is pretty long, almost all the way down his head. And that it doesnt come from the top of his skull, but sort of mid way. But not the top.

http://home.earthlink.net/~amares626/_uimages/Pdvd_001.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~amares626/_uimages/Pdvd_000.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~amares626/_uimages/Pdvd_002.jpg

Looking Great!

Excellent job so far. I realy think the shapes look right on.

Sorry I don't have any pics of the back of his head, but you can see what's going on back there in some of those pics Tap has linked us to.

-nomad

May the force be with you.

Once Ki, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Yoda and Mace are done, someone has to create the the Jedi Temple meeting room so that we can recreate the scene where the Council sends Anakin on his first assignment. Also we can recreate for FFA the mission in the X-Box game "Obi-Wan" where you have to fight all of the Jedi Masters with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Thanx for all your comments, and tap for the pics...they answered a couple questions.

i've started modeling the outfit, it should be almost complete next week...at least i hope so.

As for the beard/mustache and alpha channel maps, i never used that to simulate hair, i'll take a look at the wookie model on how to extrude n stuff.

I wanted to make the braid a full mesh and not use alpha maps...just let me know what you think i should do.

i'll try to post some preview pics later this week...

Its nice to see someone final make a model of of this cool jedi master.

As others have said its good to see the council being modelled and see how they have consentrated on these more than other characters that could be done

After only 1 post it already is shaping up nicely. keep up the good work and hope to see more.

Archived