Home

Double sabers cracked! Pics inside!

-Chrono_MOT-

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Gram_Reaper

i am having troublew activating the duel sabers in multiplayer. If someone can help it would be great. Oh Dest nice touch on the saber coloring and extension

I think you have to turn mod_Dualsabers on and start new game then you turn lightsaber off and type in /twosaber at console screen.

sorry if i sound completely stupid but i am a newby to finding this mod. i just dowloaded the mod but it did not work when i loaded it.

do i need a patch and so which one or is there another reason

pleeeeeeeeze let me know i need this mod know.

you need to go under Setup, and look from TCK Sabers, and there you can adjust the invidual saber colors.. and Shogun, to make the mod work, when extracting it, make sure to have use folder names checked, or it won't install properly... then you can join a server with the JediMod running, like mine...

**||GATEWAY WEST 1.4 JediMod||**

2.7mb downstream, 1.7 Mb upstream server....

Dest... 2 questions.

1) Don't you have a website or something for this kick ass mod??

2) Do you ever visit your server?

Suprise! Third question..

3) How come when I try to run a server I can only get 3 of the 5 saber styles and only the single and double bladed saber?

Originally posted by Andy867

you need to go under Setup, and look from TCK Sabers, and there you can adjust the invidual saber colors.. and Shogun, to make the mod work, when extracting it, make sure to have use folder names checked, or it won't install properly... then you can join a server with the JediMod running, like mine...

**||GATEWAY WEST 1.4 JediMod||**

2.7mb downstream, 1.7 Mb upstream server....

what do u mean by check to use folder name. do u mean don't extract it to gamedata ot what i'm cinfused.

when using winzip and you push extract, there appears a window that shows the place it is extracting to, and Under that, near the bottom, is an option to "Use Folder Names"... this will install the mod into the gamedata folder, but use the folder name "JediMod" and place the actual files there(in the JediMod folder), which is a subfolder of Gamedata... and yes, this mod needs the new 1.4 patch to work properly...

allright, i have jewish Windows ME and my winzip doesn't have the "use folder names" so can i just create a folder titled JediMod and place the files in there? i think i can cuz when i did that it showed up as "JediMod v1.0" in the setup: mods screen, but when i loaded it my screen went white and basically locked up, is that because the patch? and what is the TCK sabers (or whatever) is that gonna be in there when it works properly? i might have it figured out by the time anyone replies but if i don't please help

Originally posted by Andy867

when using winzip and you push extract, there appears a window that shows the place it is extracting to, and Under that, near the bottom, is an option to "Use Folder Names"... this will install the mod into the gamedata folder, but use the folder name "JediMod" and place the actual files there(in the JediMod folder), which is a subfolder of Gamedata... and yes, this mod needs the new 1.4 patch to work properly...

Don't worry, i ended up figuring out how to do it, thanks for the help anyway. Actually, i didn't install the 1.04 patch and it still works for me.

I can't wait till the author adds more and more to it with each new version.

but you might as well update your game, seeing as how nearly every server, including mine, is going to 1.4... but you don't HAVE to... just a suggestion...

Also, after talking with DEST, some possible future implementations might include

- toggable saber hilts for clients

- ability to ignite dual sabers, one saber at a time

- ability to activate destroyer, one blade at a time

Well, I am off to enjoy the mod... Later Much!

Yes, I will indeed update my game.

As it stands, i don't play on-line much due to my 56k connection. My weapon of choice is the lightsaber and with a ping of around 500, i just find it almost impossible to have a good time:(

At anyrate, the mod is fine as it is...i'm simply grateful that we have one(people having been dying to see one along with double-edged blade), but as it gets new moves, extra little tweaks such as thoes you mentioned - it will keep getting better and better.

As I see it, even when the left arm/saber does eventually animate and move along, i still believe that a skilled single-saber player does stand a good chance of defeating someone with two sabers, simply because their moves are a little quicker and someone with two sabers leaves themselves open a little bit more when in full swing.

I look forward to seeing more updates to this mod.

Hey, is there anyway to use the two light sabers in a multiplayer game against bots. Even if it doesn't work as well, I'd still like to know. Thank ya. I tried the mod_dualsaber command and it said it was already at "1" then when I tried /twosaber command it said it was "unknown command" whats up?

Originally posted by Darth_spidey

Hey, is there anyway to use the two light sabers in a multiplayer game against bots. Even if it doesn't work as well, I'd still like to know. Thank ya. I tried the mod_dualsaber command and it said it was already at "1" then when I tried /twosaber command it said it was "unknown command" whats up?

Did you have the saber off when you entered /twosaber?

Archived