Home

Double sabers cracked! Pics inside!

-Chrono_MOT-

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found the server but how do you turn dual sabers into single saber and i found a bug when you get the saber blocked it falls but the blade sticks out the side ov the hilt so it looks like a T

and in the clear stance the sabers are at your side only other people see it to you it look like your holding the sabers in a X and it looks like your holding them in one hand

shucks i can't see the screenies, i get a "can't find server error" , anyways will this mod be somewhat like that mod for jk1, my friend says there's a mod for jk1 which allows doublebladed lightsabres (destroyers) and one lightsabre but double the length of a normal one, cause your mod would rock so hard if you implement dual wield, dual wield destroyers and normal destroyers without cheats where the second blade from the destroyer actually does damage, and lastly that one sabre with double length that would be so cool, maybe you could make it an option when choosing the character and sabre color that they also have to choose what to wield, a destroyer, dual wield destroyes, one double length sabre, a regular dualwield or just a regular lightsabre, maybe even a adia gala stance or what's her name again from jedi power battles where she holds her sabre upside down

Originally posted by morphius_doh

FYI Dest, There is a thread running that claims to have made custom animations for the double-bladed sabre. Maybe you can strike a deal and have him/her share the information on how this was done.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67957

He's already ontop of it dude lol

Dest:"New Saber Anim...." *BOLT*

lol

Great work!

JO would already have this such thing if it had used my saber combat system idea (for control and stuff) but unfortunatly there was no way they could have known about it... The engine probably wouldn't support it, either, heh.

Originally posted by Mr PoopyPants

Well he did say that Tavion's stance does move the other arm for a couple of attacks, so that will work.

wtf? tavion stance? desann stance? oukee someone feel free to feel me in what this is all about. btw an easy(theoretically)way to implement the second saber would be lie in ep2 when anakin fights dooku. he does a 360 spin starting with one saber and after the spin hits with the other one. very cool though, i hope this would appeal to some guy in raven and we'll have help.

Exactly. You can use the Tavion and Desann stances which are one handed versions of the light/heavy stances. Then you add some spinning to the player and you've got something almost like EP2, except that the second saber will be no use unless for blocking. Attacking would kind of be pointless since you won't actually be SWINING the saber.

The real issue will be gameplay balance. Is using two sabers going to be in every way superior to one saber like all the lightstaff mods for JK1? I sure hope not, because it SHOULDN'T be.

Using dual lightsabers should be used for mainly offense, as Anakin did in EP2. It's also very difficult to quickly switch from attacking to defending, unlike only using one saber.

So... For balance, this is what you need:

One saber:

Easy to switch from attack to defense, etc. Leave this the way it is in the 1.04 code.

Two sabers:

Once you start attacking, your defenses are down. You should be able to chain together multiple attacks while moving forward with spins and such (as seen in EP2). Switching to defense will require you to stop attacking, and wait a second or two to "adjust" to defense. Defense should involve blocking and spinning with both sabers (as seen in EP2).

Defense should be weak against blasters and other projectiles. Blocking with two lightsabers is a bitch compared to one when it comes to blasters because you've got only one hand for each saber.

Sooo... to sum it up:

Single lightsaber has the advantage because it can easily switch from offense to defense and has the greatest amount of defense when it comes to blasters.

Dual lightsabers have the advantage on offense because you can chain together multiple attacks and just pummel your enemy if he's not careful. Disadvantage is that it's harder to switch from offense to defense, and you leave yourself open after pummeling on your enemy (because you switch to defense). Also not the greatest thing for defending against blasters.

This way, you can have a single saber opponent still defeat a dual saber opponent... because if you can't it'll suck if everyone has to run around with two sabers (remember Spork from JK? Lightstaff was always better than lightsaber).

Originally posted by $am

I found the server but how do you turn dual sabers into single saber and i found a bug when you get the saber blocked it falls but the blade sticks out the side ov the hilt so it looks like a T

and in the clear stance the sabers are at your side only other people see it to you it look like your holding the sabers in a X and it looks like your holding them in one hand

so whats its Name/IP?!?!?

wanna try it out :D

Originally posted by Emon

Using dual lightsabers should be used for mainly offense, as Anakin did in EP2.

what about what's-his-face in the arena? he was on defence with his two sabers. i know you said mainly, but this makes it pretty much 50/50.

No one in the arena used two sabers at once... Although sometimes it looks like it because so many Jedi are in close proximity.

It's meant for MAINLY offense because you can attack quickly and constantly pummel your enemy, and kill them real fast if they can't block.

The best thing you could do to demostrate defense is this:

Hold a broomstick in your hand like a lightsaber. Now have a friend shoot some Nerf darts at you. It shouldn't be too hard to block them or get close to blocking them with the broomstick. Okay now hold a broomstick in each hand and do the same thing. You'll see how tough it is to block them or almost block them (come close to hitting them) with two sabers. You could try it again holding the broomstick in the middle like a lightstaff. After a few minutes of adjustment, this should actually be the most effective at blocking (the lightstaff).

Originally posted by Emon

No one in the arena used two sabers at once... Although sometimes it looks like it because so many Jedi are in close proximity.

It's meant for MAINLY offense because you can attack quickly and constantly pummel your enemy, and kill them real fast if they can't block.

The best thing you could do to demostrate defense is this:

Hold a broomstick in your hand like a lightsaber. Now have a friend shoot some Nerf darts at you. It shouldn't be too hard to block them or get close to blocking them with the broomstick. Okay now hold a broomstick in each hand and do the same thing. You'll see how tough it is to block them or almost block them (come close to hitting them) with two sabers. You could try it again holding the broomstick in the middle like a lightstaff. After a few minutes of adjustment, this should actually be the most effective at blocking (the lightstaff).

actually, one jedi knight does use dual sabers.

and the lightsabers are just that... light. the weight is mainly in the hilt and should in no means be compared to the weight of a lengthy broomstick.

Actually, they aren't light, they are composed of an energy not explainable with the physics of our universe, but I won't get in to that.

Doesn't matter if it's just the weight of the hilt. Holding two lightsabers and controlling them and accuratly blocking a ton of shots is still much harder, even for a Jedi. Sure, you could block every Bryar and E-11 primary fire shot that comes at you with two lightsabers, but when you try to block all secondary E-11 shots and a full repeater stream, you're going to run into trouble.

I KNOW it's not the weight of a broomstick, but it doesn't matter. Controlling a lightsaber in one hand is harder than in two even with the Force.

Besides, gameplay balance is more important than realism. If you make two sabers in every way superior to one saber, then the whole thing is worthless.

I'm sorry, I'm not gonna read through all that but answer few questions real quick

-is this gonna have it's own extra stance ?? (like blue, yellow, red, etc...)

-if yes what color will it be ? (like blue, yellow, red, etc...) I suggest green

-can you throw both of them ?

-when you activate or deactivate the saber, do both of them go off ?

this is really cool, I won't say much more but you guys should REALLY check this out, I mean these two things together would blow any other project appart, 2 teams like that can really make a big difference in the game style, they got the animations and you got the sabers and stuff, you two should talk :)

http://www.styleoversubstance.net/

Actualy in desann's stance both sabers are usefull, when you press right and swing you usualy hit with both of them cause he does a spinning thing. And desann's stance is somewhat slow so its defenses are sortof like the red stance. I actualy lost in a fight against someone with a single saber cause they kept hitting me while I was doing a double sabered spin move.

You can't throw both sabers(it would look weird for one and there was only one variable for throw so I couldnt really do it)

Both sabers go off and on together(there is only one variable for on/off sabers)

Blocking lots of weapon fire with two sabers is fun :)

Archived