Why don't you like FF FFA's?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Why don't you like FF FFA's?

• Guns are stupid; I like the saber
    • People are always pushing me over edges like crazy
    • People grab the flechette and spam till everyone is full of cholesterol
    • I like dueling because there\'s just one enemy
    • Idiots are always coming up behind me and pull/BSing me

How about none of the above. I don't like going on the TFFA, FFA, etc. because of people's attitudes. The other night I was in a TFFA on NS_Streets, using the female twi'lek model. One of my team members came up to me and started saying "hey baby," and the "going down on someone" crouch. I told I was a guy and moved away. Naturally, since both of us hadn't used team chat everyone read that and laughed, though that isn't what was bothering me. This guy, me, and one other were all staying in one place to draw the other team to us, so we could take'em as a team. This guy starts harassing me, and continues after I tell him to knock it off, so I take off (nearly falling to my death in the process :rolleyes: ), which splits us up and makes us more vulnerable to the enemy.

On another server, after joining a team I die twice within 1 minute (I suck, basically), and after the second death the guy who killed me starts doing the mock-molest the body routine. Today I fought a guy on the JHQ NFSO Duel server doing the same thing (2 kills to end a duel there, so the bodies stay).

I imagine some people will tell me to get a sense of humor, but I don't care. That kind of crap is not funny, it's incredibly annoying and infantile. I don't give a crap if someone's scripting, spamming moves, whatever, because I know that if I can't figure out how to counter that I deserve to die (which happens a lot). It's the freaks that get off on messing with you that anger me.

Nothing is wrong about FF FFA guns etc

It's just that I have always prefered the saber in this game, so it came as no surprise that I wished to build up my technique with that thing. And then came the problem that FFA's dulls your skill with the saber, since you tend to use it in such a "crude way" in those games. The saber skills in that game are restricted to the art of backstabbing an opponent as quickly as possible. And I hate having only one option available. Don't get me wrong, the guns in this game are great, but the saber is just sooo gorgeous and there are sooo many ways to swing that thing.

And as soon as someone says FF, I say pull-backstab. There's nothing wrong in that, but it's just so f*cking boring. Without playing much FFA, I'd venture that I'd best prefer the NF guns FFA's, but that is just me I guess.

You could also argue that those playing FFA's tend to be more "in it for the frags" instead of some social chatting over a duel. But I'd say that that is a load complete BS. Most people playing duels act the same way and can spoil a game even more.

One thing is for sure: SO FF or NF FFA's are hell.

Originally posted by LoneJedi

I frankly dont mind guns, they have their uses. But I just cant stand the pull/backslash spammers.

I guess I'm going to surprise everyone and say:

I don't mind pull-backstabbers in FFA.... *lol* there, I said it.

You can't get a proper duel out of the hectic FFA-sabering and if you try, you'll probably find that the blocking will make it tedious and boring to play.

But god, it's so fun to challenge someone in FFA and see them perform their feeble attempts at backstabs, 'cause that's what they're used to use and expect it to work. It actually does pay off to train NF duelling and then go to a server and kick butt...

Originally posted by cjais

I guess I'm going to surprise everyone and say:

I don't mind pull-backstabbers in FFA.... *lol* there, I said it.

You can't get a proper duel out of the hectic FFA-sabering and if you try, you'll probably find that the blocking will make it tedious and boring to play.

But god, it's so fun to challenge someone in FFA and see them perform their feeble attempts at backstabs, 'cause that's what they're used to use and expect it to work. It actually does pay off to train NF duelling and then go to a server and kick butt...

But, to my knowledge Raven Software hadnt designed backstab to be used offensively. Guns obviously were. I can block most gun shots, I have yet to find a way to block backslash

i like FF gun servers....only way to get the stun baton:P
Hey Twins... we gotta meet up on a FF FFA server sometime and do the stun baton thing! I LOVE Stun Baton!

We could work in tandem, draw out the prey, mind trick, zap the assfighters in the keister... :)

I suggest the Lando skin... that way we can yell Wooohooo! everytime we get a kill!

Big Daddy SKin

I don't think there's anything wrong with FF FFA (thats listed)

If there's any problem, its that there's not enough guns for everyone. Someone grabs the good gun, which has about 3 shots because of nerfed ammo in 1.03, and then everyone has to wait 5 minutes for that gun to respawn again:rolleyes: It just becomes a saber fest

Originally posted by SkinWalker

Hey Twins... we gotta meet up on a FF FFA server sometime and do the stun baton thing! I LOVE Stun Baton!

We could work in tandem, draw out the prey, mind trick, zap the assfighters in the keister... :)

I suggest the Lando skin... that way we can yell Wooohooo! everytime we get a kill!

Big Daddy SKin

ya, the stun baton rules;)

i go by

[JHQ]Twins of Doom

mostly i just play duels, but we'll have to play together sometime:P

Archived