Home

Best of: "What new civilization would you like?"

Compa_Mighty

After the 3 polls, these are the most popular civs, which one would you pick out ?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. After the 3 polls, these are the most popular civs, which one would you pick out ?

• The Hutt Clan
    • Mon Calamari
    • Chiss
    • Bespin
    • New Republic
    • Black Sun
    • Corellians
    • Kaminoans
    • Bounty Hunter\\\'s Guild

viceroy - the chiss won't make a good civ, there just isnt enough on them

darth fergie - i still think they shouldnt, if they havent been seen in the movies leave them in laa-laa land (EU)

jcb - the B-wing isnt mon calamari, it is a rebel vessel, the only mon cal thing about it is that Adm Ackbar was involved in its design. It isnt built by the mon cal, and isnt flown by the mon cal.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dogus, Kaarde's Smugglers Guild is an incredibly extensive organisation, and although they may not have a 'seat of government' as such, they have many bases and hideouts scattered around the galaxy.

Windu, Mon Cal do pilot B-Wings, they just excel more in the field of commanding cap ships. Your rejection of anything EU is fairly crazy and incredibly limits any proposed expansion. About half of the stuff in the game already is EU, so why don't you hate that?

Viceroy, some of your ideas for civs were vaguely OK, but you seem to take a small group or even a single individual to be the basis for a civ's powers. Any race can have 'good jedi,' just because we see a lot of Cighal doesn't mean all Mon Cal jedi are fantastic. Didn't Cighal die anyway?

So Sev'rance is chiss.... weird. I thought she was just some cartoon character.

Vong I agree would be one of the best to include. There is a veritable treasure trove of material on them, more than enough to make a fully functional civ. I'd especially love to see their "jedi" (aka their especially skilled warriors with amphistaffs and the like).

One of the reasons I support the New Republic is that to have the Vong, you must have the Vong's enemies- and the Rebels just can't cut it.

Also, as Viceroy stated in his big information post, Leia has approached the Imperial Remnant to aid them in the war against the Vong.... so we could have some Remnant armies in there too. Once again, the original Empire just won't fit the bill.

Also, if we want campaigns based on the post-movie EU stuff (books, comics, etc.) we'll need the Imp Remnant and the New Rep.

Originally posted by CorranSec

Dogus, Kaarde's Smugglers Guild is an incredibly extensive organisation, and although they may not have a 'seat of government' as such, they have many bases and hideouts scattered around the galaxy.

Vong I agree would be one of the best to include. There is a veritable treasure trove of material on them, more than enough to make a fully functional civ. I'd especially love to see their "jedi" (aka their especially skilled warriors with amphistaffs and the like).

One of the reasons I support the New Republic is that to have the Vong, you must have the Vong's enemies- and the Rebels just can't cut it.

Also, as Viceroy stated in his big information post, Leia has approached the Imperial Remnant to aid them in the war against the Vong.... so we could have some Remnant armies in there too. Once again, the original Empire just won't fit the bill.

Also, if we want campaigns based on the post-movie EU stuff (books, comics, etc.) we'll need the Imp Remnant and the New Rep.

Dude what I meant was little or no casual fans would buy this game if it contained organisations they never heard of. Yeah the Vong is a completely EU-based civ, but nevertheless they are still more famous.

Why don't Rebels work as NR? Just what units do NR have that Rebels do not?

And as for the Empire/IR, the devs specifically added Tie Defenders which the original Empire didn't have due to the screaming of fans. Likewise, what do IR have that Empire does not?! Even if they do, for both NR/Rebels and IR/Empire, they would still share too many common units.

there should be more than two civs in a new game would any of you splash out 25 to 30 pounds for something that only had two new civs okay the expansion pack was 15 to 20 £ but that was okay and i agree with dogus about ir and nr being similar to ge and ra but if you actually read my earlier post they run into severe economic difficulties and give miltary no funding AKA no military other than the one they started with thanks to the Dirty Dealings of the NR so if the game was gonna be realstic and based on the information we have they couldn't put them in and the RA just changed it's name and moved to courscant and created a few extra fighters nothing really major to make an entire new civ on and chiss and the others i suggested do we have any more information on say and you can't make a civ around a city which if you were doing bespin in the next game you would be the game doesn't have to have civs shown in the films like many ppl say the only wookies in film WAS ONLY CHEWBACCA use your savvy ppl if they built a civ that we new about 2 things about like they used bowcasters and they were in the republic not anything to make a civ on but they made one we have more information on chiss than wookies we know that their space fleet is in lees numbers and inferior to empires but they still decimated the empires fleet and also they have cloning technology which means they could havge a tech similar to kaminoan cloners for troops and that bthey could have a faster research rate and be able to create a unit that coould go out on a map and tame predators like it says in sevrance tann in the star wars databank sevrance tann made an army out of untameable animals that proves that they could ahve techs like Chiss Ingenuity which could increase firing rate for troops or fighters or reaction times to be attacked and retaliating or being able to fire while moving they could have a campaign against vong because we know they were able to repulse them with superior technology so we know that they did rapid research after they first encountered the empire and that they view unnesacesery fighting as treason so that could mean that troops could function as workers with a deceased carry limit come on ppl we need to have variety not just 2 new civs something like 6-8 new civs if we had 8 new civs we could have all of those post your suggestions for what their ablities and unique units and techs could be in at my thread SWGB new civs what features?

yes, windu, I know B-Wings are flown by the alliance, but they are also flown by the Mon Cal, were designed by them, and could make a great basis for the sylings of a possilbe Mon cal civ fighter. I'm trying to imagine what their units would be like here.....

Archived