Home

Doesn't anyone dowload the ne maps?

crazyplaya73

I had to put my server back on original maps for now cause people would connect and not have the maps. It sux cause I only put up good new maps like Matrix Dojo and stuff but the server became quite empty once I put up the new maps. Heh, I even had one of the regulars tell me that I was being annoying because I was making him download all of these new maps. LOL! And I put any new maps that I use on my FTP site. So was just lik STFU n00b! :rolleyes:

I wish more servers would run the newer maps. I dwnload as many as I can just to take a look at all of the hard work people have done. Plus some of these maps are far superior to the ones that Raven included in with the game. My only hope is that an expansion pack will yield a collection of great player made maps for everyone to use.

Originally posted by crazyplaya73

Most people playing JK2 on-line have fast Internet access and can donwload 4 mb in 5 minutes or less. :rolleyes:

Keep rolling your eyes pal, because Most people have 56k.

Maybe the 2 kids you know on your street have dsl or cable but

there are alot of others suffering with 56gay.

I have DSL btw.

Duel of Fates, the best map ever. This guy had a Obi-wan skin,

I had maul.

I will never forget that duel.

"I had to put my server back on original maps for now cause people would connect and not have the maps."

CP,

I understand your frustration man, I have all these really cool maps I can't even use because no one D\Leds them. I ended up going back to the whole 4 crappy Raven maps to.

I love it when someone actually asks for Kamino or Matrixdojo; I even just D\Led the cool new Matrix Subway map that I'll probally never get to use online:(

I understand that most people still have crappy connections, but if you don't want to wait for them to D\L from the server, why not D\L them from the sites while you sleep. You guys REALLY don't know what your missing. Most of these maps are FAR better than any of Ravens.

BTW, I ended up going back to Duel_SE again, while Jedimod is really cool, I was having to many problems. Maybe the next version.

Also, have you upgraded to 1.04 yet? If so, how's the player situation with it? Are there many yet? I haven't done it yet because I wanted to see what the fallout would be and because some of my players haven't done so either.

I have upgraded to 104. Did so right when it came out. The server has been not as busy but that was since I put up all new maps. It seems like with the default maps it has more activity but not as much as before. Well it is vacation season and some players have not pathced yet.

I think I have so many skins that I don't see some of them. Is there a limit to how many you can have loaded at once? Anyone know?

You're the server admin. Put whatever map you want on there. :) You can also turn auto downloading on so your users will get the map from you. It's not the most efficient way to do it, but it works.

edit: oh yeah.. on your site list the maps you have on the server along with links to get em from jk2files.com or jkii.net's files section.

Originally posted by D@rth M@ul

Keep rolling your eyes pal, because Most people have 56k.

Maybe the 2 kids you know on your street have dsl or cable but

there are alot of others suffering with 56gay.

I have DSL btw.

Duel of Fates, the best map ever. This guy had a Obi-wan skin,

I had maul.

I will never forget that duel.

wtf... We rarelly Have ppl having 56k here in LA!!... Well I have cable.. and I have no problem dling the map

Plus they can go to

http://www.jediknightii.net

or

http://www.jk2files.com

it takes less than a min to dl a map of 4 megs or more.. come on...

Archived