Home

The future of the Jedi Knight Series

[RAA]-=Chi3f=-

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, the jedi knight series has been great and has made some key impacts on PC gaming. Lucas Arts has been pushing a lot of projects like Full Throttle 2, Star Wars Galaxies, and other Episode 2 spin-offs. Do you think that Lucas Arts will continue with the JK series or will they quit while they are ahead after this masterpiece we call JK2? All we can do is wait!

*I gotta ride now, c ya!:speeder::saberg:

All I can say is that it is about damn time that lucasarts had another hit. They were really going to the bottom of the barrell with the last couple of titles and without any good excuse. The Star Wars Universe was bread to spawn fantastic Video Games To Mirror the Action in Star Wars. Other than the original Dark Forces Game and maybe Star Wars For Super NES there really has not been anything that spectaculuar in my opinionion and there really is no excuse for it. JO is like one of the hottest games out and I think this time, it is not because of the release of a certain movie, but rather a great Star Wars game that really lets you live in that universe.

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

All I can say is that it is about damn time that lucasarts had another hit. They were really going to the bottom of the barrell with the last couple of titles and without any good excuse

I actually think there IS a good excuse and its that they are running out of new ideas! Theyve made a brilliant star wars game for each of the most popular types of game:

Jedi Outcast - Great Shoot-em-up

Star Wars Galaxies - Probably going to be a great online game

Xwing,Tie Fighter, Xwing alliance - Great flight simulators

Galactic Battlegrounds - Great strategy (because its modified copy of a great game called AoE2)

Im probably missing some out and im not sure how good Episode 1 Racer is and the only beat-em-up was Masters of teras kasi - nuff said. There is other types of games that dont apply to star wars such as sports and God games.

I dont see why they wouldnt want to stop Jedi Knight... from being a serries... If you beat the game you know what I mean by what Kyle does with his saber shows hes not about to stop from being what he wants to be...

Originally posted by WolfmanNCSU

Yeah, the Dark Forces series has been good to LA. They will keep it going for sure. Plus I would except an expansion too (just like MotS) before they start with a new title, not nesecarrily anytime soon though but maybe a year or so.

Yes Im sure they are going to make atleat one expansion to jedi knight outcast... I dont see why not... Its a great game... those that play it love it...

Originally posted by Divine Spirit

Galactic Battlegrounds - Great strategy (because its modified copy of a great game called AoE2)

Ok to me thats why i sucks, plus the graphics suck alot compared to AoE2. I hate games that are really just expensive TCs... I only like JO and Elite Force beause they are good expnsive TCs of Q3 but galactic Battlegrounds is a crappy knock off of AOE2.

i dont consider jk2 a TC of Q3 .... it just uses the engine

thats not rare in FPS ... it saves on development cost and time

are there sabres in Q3? no ... cos they added alot to the engine

also would u consider deus ex a TC of UT?

JK2 could go the way of half life and have about a million addons :)

Originally posted by Darth Clem

i dont consider jk2 a TC of Q3 .... it just uses the engine

thats not rare in FPS ... it saves on development cost and time

are there sabres in Q3? no ... cos they added alot to the engine

also would u consider deus ex a TC of UT?

JK2 could go the way of half life and have about a million addons :)

I still consider it an expensive TC, but it is worth it because it adds new stuff and makes it worth while, but I still find that I get bored of it quickly which I might not have if it was a new engine. Galactic Battlegrounds on the other hand sucks, they took AOE2 and made some crappy skins.

I think they will make an expansion for JO with Tavion as the main villan (she does know the location of the valley of the Jedi) but Kyle is getting kinda old for Lucas Arts to make a JK3.

By the way divine you forgot Sam and Max Hit the Road -one of the greatest adverture games ever

I think JK2 series will keep goin Jordan the thing is next time they shouldnt make it burnable because half the people playing got it burned from someone(like us):laughing:

I think next time they should think and not be dumb and take time to look over game problems.

give them hell poll catt(Full Throtle)

your bro Kevin):mrt: I piddy da poor foo eat my cereal:monkbomb:

With age comes greater power.

So I think if your more experienced and you know how to do

what you need to do, you'll do it better.

yep, I hope for another game in the series, and stop whining

about the character, just replace him if you dont like it.

I'm sure they'll release an expansion pack but I doubt they'll use Tavion - come on Kyle beat her fairly early in the game before he had all the force powers to full. She's just too weak! They could do with a better storyline and maybe make the game harder. Some extra force powers and choosing between dark/light side would be good for an expansion pack. After that I doubt you'll here from the Jedi Knight/Dark Forces series for a while - look at the huge gaps between the games so far.

The arguments about kyle being too old - look at Yoda he's 800 in AOTC and he kicks butt and I know Kyle's not as strong with the force but it just puts things into perspective.

I hope Lucas do some more decent games set in the Ep2 timeframe for the PC. It seems they're all on the consoles and of poor quality!

Man, I really don't see why everyone thinks Kyle is too old. He has a bit of grey hair, that doesn't mean he's old. I have a friend who's 21, he's starting to go grey. I have an uncle who's be grey since he was 26. Besides, how old could he possibly be. JO takes place 9 years(I think) after ROTJ. There's 4 years between ANH and ROTJ, so that's a total of 13 years since Dark Forces. In Dark Forces, Kyle was maybe 23, 24 at the most, he was still young. So the oldest he could possibly be is what 37? In the next game he'll probably be 40 something, maybe even 50 something. That doesn't mean he still can't do anything. I bet Old Ben could have still given some Stormtroopers a whooping if he had wanted to :D

Archived