Home

Favorit First Person Shooter

Darth Groovy

Vote for your favorite First Person Shooter!  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite First Person Shooter!

• Doom(Or Sequals)
    • Quake(Or Sequals)
    • Serious Sam(Or Sequals)
    • Medal of Honor(Or Sequals)
    • Soldier of Fortune(Or Sequals)
    • No One Lives Forever
    • Castle Wolfenstein
    • Rouge Spear(Or Sequals)
    • Dark Forces(Or Sequals)
    • Alien Trilogy(Or Sequals)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked that I seem to be the only one who voted for NOLF. I still think every single one of those SP levels were creatively made and playing them never felt like I would be running down same hallways, shooting exactly same villains or even using same weapon because any other designed for the game would be underpowered opposed to it. You also can't forget humour which added a lot to the story and atmosphere; when I still remember that one guy who had to "give" his parachute praying for hay I start to smile. ;)

Also, having a heroine as a main character is always a great plus in this world of numerous macho heroes; don't be tempted to believe that I though Lara Croft was great though, because I simply can't stand those who try to mimic good old Indiana Jones.

I know I should have put Unreal Tournament up there instead of Alien Trilogy, but it's too late so deal with it.

Also I don't think they are making another Doom game are they? After Final Doom I thought that was the end.

P.S. I am getting flamed on all of my polls so let me remind you all that there are only 10, I reapeat 10 possible poll choices, If I forgot one...sorry ok? I didn't put Turock, Duke Nukem, or Goldeneye up there either so what can I say?

"Why didn't you put (insert game) on this poll. I can't believe that isn't on the list.....wah wah wah, blah, blah, blah.

_Anonymous Member

I loved Final Doom for PSONE, I played it to death! I bought that bad boy for about $24.99 and was in complete heaven for days! I voted Dark Forces on this poll because it was the first FPS I ever played.

Also if nobody has ever played Serious Sam, I highly recomend it, that game is just plain nuts!

Now, I know I'm gonna get flamed for this comment, but here goes:

Jedi knight 1+2 aren't 1st person shooters, since you're always wielding you're lightsaber and therefore watching his back.... I played through most of those games only using lightsaber, only changing to the sniper when some far away baddies needed to be dealt with in fashion. Heck, I even tried to mindtrick my way through the entire game once. Didn't work though...

And multiplayer is all about the saber for me, no stinkin' 1st person view here.

And if I may:

Serious Sam is utter crap to me, I left the doom days a long time ago...

:wstupid:

You have an excellent point. The first Dark Forces game however had no lightsaber....but I see what you mean.

The main thing I like about serious sam is that it is a FPS that isn't so damn dark and dingy, I mean some of the desert levels you can almost get a sunburn it is so bright! and also the enemies come at you by the thousands.....it's a silly game, but really is alot of fun IMO.

Archived