Home

Jedi Outcast FAQ

OnlyOneCanoli

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok got it FINALLY after 9 demos.

Farking took forever. Was beggining to lose faith.

Its 116k and choppy for some reason.

Let me know the best way to send it to you.

You have mirc?

I have a few other suggestion for your faq as well.

I dunno what buttons I pushed to do it. I'm just glad I did :p

• 2 weeks later...
Is this the medium move where you're spinning horizontally as you come down to the ground? I've seen it done, but I have no idea how to execute it.

what you talk about is the medium dfa, attack+Jump+forward with enemy in front. the move tree was talking about was also discovered to be the medium dfa, but the animation is stuffed when theres a different ground level where you perform the action (eg stairs).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have tried looking around in the forums for the answer to this question (I know it had been posted before when the game just came out, it was a big deal then....)

Did Raven ever explain why Kyle's lightsaber is blue instead of yellow/orange if they followed JK or Mysteries of the Sith?

I read the faq but alas, there was no mention of this, and I guess it is "important" for hardcore JK'ers

Good question!

But, sadly, the answer is no. Raven does not explain why Kyle has a blue saber vs. the ones he uses in JK1 and MotS.

The best explaination that the forum has had was that Kyle lost/threw away his yellow saber when he went to the Dark Side in MotS, and then threw away the red saber after that. In between MotS and JK2 Kyle went to the Jedi Academy for a while before turning his back on the Force. It's assumed that he constructed a new BLUE saber while at the Jedi Academy.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got problem;I put the pk3 file in the jk2data folder .When i startv the game in go to set up click mod but nothing is written in tthe mod folder game .I?ve done all the istructions of the mods i can't play with.I can play onlyb the ladder ,no the others.Excuse me for my english Thanks for help

It's ether one of two things:

1. There are two types of Mods, single player mods and multiplayer mods. They are not compatible. Make sure you're using the correct type for the game mode you want to play.

2. to get the Mod to show up in the mod menu you gotta it put into a new seperate folder (with the name of what you want it to be listed as in the Mod Menu) in the /gamedata folder.

Razor Ace

• 3 weeks later...

Actually the 1.04 patch shouldn't affect single player at all (Single Player only recognizes 1.03... though 1.04 DOES INCLUDE the updates from 1.03, so go figure), since it was a multiplayer update.

The latest explanation for Kyle's saber color change has to do with the Star Wars liscense (which either changed since MotS came out in early '98, or else doesn't apply to LEC itself so much as it applies to third party companies):

In the "official" Star Wars canon (the films), Good Guys use either blue or green lightsabers (or purple if you're Mace Windu) and Bad Guys use red lightsabers.

So Raven admitted that they were held on a short leesh as it were for Single Player, meaning Kyle had to have blue (just to be different, since he had green in the first game I guess) and all the bad lightsaber users had to use red (a change from JK and MotS, in which the game guys used a variety of colors).

Incidentally, Kyle never used a red saber in MotS, I swear it was ALWAYS orange. It would have been nice if they explained (in story terms) why he has a blue saber all of a sudden, but oh well...

This also helps to explain why Kyle's saber suddenly "doesn't work" (ie: turns off) in water, because of an unfilmed scene (that appears in the TPM novelisation). Too bad AOTC pretty much trashed that notion (see the Jango vs. Obi-Wan fight).

Why is it such a big deal for the saber to be blue/green/red in a EU based game? Don't the NJO books still use off-canon colors after the anno from the Flanaled One?

Also, there's a bit of a difference from being splash vs. water proof. My guess is that the saber shorts out if the internals are soaked.

BTW, sorry about the lack of updates to the FAQ. I had said that I hoped to do a update before the end of the month but I simply had too much fun during Turkey week to get anything done. Hopefully, I'll get to it soon after I finish Release 1 of MotF.

Razor Ace

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need help!

Well 1st of all its my 1st time making servers. I need to know how to kick! Im tired of having to use the voting way of getting rid of peeps. Is there any way to kick without having to vote? Also i dunno anything about this rcon stuff. So plz state the steps to kick other people without having to vote them off. Oh, and if possible can u plz tell me some other commands, if yes it'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm not exactly familar with the hosting ether.

The easiest way to kick people (without using remote control stuff.):

1. Bring up the console.

2. Type "/status" to determine the client number of the kickee.

3. Type "/kick clientname" to kick the kickee.

I haven't personally tried this so I might be wrong.

Archived