Home

NF SO duel tactics!

C'jais

Kicking doesn't prove anything - Sure, I might kick you to death, but that doesn't prove my saber skills, which is what duelling is about.

I might specialize in kicks, but most of all the upcoming mods are hurting the kickspamming strategy. Just like what 1.04 did to backstabbers: "Where did all my skill just go?"

Red style yes. I could play red stance, but is it fun for me? I could spam lunges and win, but is it fun for me? I'm not saying red stance is boring to use. Red style, though good, sucks the looks out of a fight and is a complete turn-off for me, if I want hectic excitement.

And never did I say that red stance is easy to defeat, quite the contrary - I find red stance very hard to fight against, but it can be done, both with yellow and blue.

Blue might be easier to use for a newbie, but that doesn't mean red is easier to use skillfully - both stances can be used two ways:

The good way, and the... bad way.

Originally posted by Harkonnen

Hi guys. I just read this thread and i have to say a few things.

Some of the tips here are in deed very usefull but most of them are really crap if we have the kicks enabled. Still havent figured out if you guys are talking about strategies without kicking but as far as my exp. goes.... the championships have kicks enabled and i really dont care much about strats without kicking (i hate kicks but have no other choice).

I have to admit, i am a red styler. I hate yellows and blue stance. Acording to some of the tips here i should loose most of the time. the fact is... i don't. Now, of corse we all loose. Time to time, its pretty natural. Even the champion does.

Red style, yes. The slow movements. To play a decent red style nothing is more important as practice. Any fool can play a blue stance and lucky win the fight. Just spam attacks all over the place. But to beat with red, you will need more than luck.

LOL yeah i see your point but this thread is entitled NF SO duel tactics = this means NO FORCE (no jump) Saber only duels, so no, kicking is totally irellavant.

Also, with 1.04 on default settings it is possible to win by simply charging your opponent and slashing downwards, In red stance. This is not skill, this is noobish. Also if you are only "limiting' yourself to Red stance you are missing the bigger picture. I know i could probably win more by exclusively using red stance, but like Jais says, it looks awful and is not really showmanship. If its not fun dont do it is the way i feel.

I said to Jah I'd get active in this section of the forums so here's my first post in the Strategy Center....don't know what to say really :p

For me it's all about timing, flow and hectic battles. I've been told I'm very aggresive, rarely taking pauses, but thats just how I like it, fast paced and flowing.

I can't really offer any specifics in tactics; only real tidbit I have to add or rather back up about is the timing of your swings. When I fight I fight in the moment without planning ahead beyond the next attack. That's why the flow is really important to me, also while being the instrument for great fights.

I'm conscious about making the fight enjoýable for my opponent and any spectators that might be following. I try for diversity and non-stop action. For me winning is nowhere near as important as a great fight.

Just my 2 cents.

This is something I still have trouble doing :D

Run toward someone and then right before you reach them double tap the jump button. You should jump at them and then kick and jump backwards.

You have to time it right. Side kick is the same I believe, though I haven't tried it.

I think this is right, everyone else, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Peace

Archived