Home

Town Location!

Jan Gaarni

Ewok hunter just brought up an interesting and perhaps critical question just now. I will quote him:

yeah, about the town, should we all start to settle in one general area near the begining? because, they said that each person can only get a limited amount of land in the game. besides, if we wait too long all the good land on corellia will be taken

Now, I know it's still early, but I feel that this should be addressed none the less.

We shouldn't wait too long to start up our town. As of yet, I don't think there's been any mentioning on when you will be able to place your house. Will it be at the very start, meaning you are given a small place which you can place anywhere, or do we need to place it in a set location - by your choise of course - kinda like you chose your home town in EverQuest.

Or will you need to make money first so you can buy yourself a place?

If anyone can shed a light on this, that would be great.

Anyway, I suggested before that our 2 explorers - while they explore the world of Star Wars - could keep a lookout for suitable places to create our town, but after I read EHs question, I'm having second thoughts.

I think we all, atleast those who can, should be very active in finding the perfect location so that we can place our town as soon as possible in the best location available.

Remember, when this game hits the shells, it's gonna be like the settlers in the old west experienced it: A great rush to aquire the best location you could find.

that's why we have 20 people in the PA, one of us will proabably get in one of the betas and can scout out Correlia for a good spot. I'm going to try to be an archetect so that may bring down the cost it would take for us to acctually build the town buldings, but i'm sure that to do that you'd need money or raw materials, most likely both

oh yeah, didn't we have a poll/discusion and decided on correlia to have the town?

As far as I know we are just allies. We help them out, and they help us out. You'll meet a friendly face when asking for help from them or any other business you have with the Massassi and vice versa.

As of today, MikeC is the only representative from the Massassi PA that's also a member in our PA.

The town will grow into a town. It's not like we say: "Oh, look. This is a nice spot. Let's set up here."

And then build everything at once.

At first it will just be a settlement, but as we aquire more and more money the settlement can expand into a town. An industrial one.

assming we all start bulding houses in the same general area:

if we wait to buld the town funtion buldings for, say a few months, during that time we'll need to go to other towns to get services like cloning and stuff until we build those things. if we start somewhat near a city in the first place it won't be that bad to go there to getthe sevrices, but once we develop our sttlement into a town, there would be no reason for anyone to go to use with the other, and because of our use, larger city instead of ours. but if we start futher away, then it will be a long trip to go every time we need those thing which a town provides, thus we should build the town 'stuff' ASAP

See my comments in the old thread. Basically they just boiled down to 'find a nice spot to gather until we have skills and $$'s to build and start an economy'.

As one of the official explorers i'll be scouting out prime land(among other things) for the PA in other sectors other than just Corellia.

I may have missed this discussion, correct me if this has been discussed, but are we taking on people outside of the forums? If someone comes along and says 'i like your PA, can i join?' do we say yes, or no, or pretend we're a bunch of blueberry muffins? Are we remaining semi-secret and only recruit those who frequent these forums and know what we're about?

Well, I'm planning to roleplay at least most of the time, so it would feel very strange to refer to a board on the internet. However, the PA is based on the fact that we can discuss things here, and thus stay in touch even if we are on other planets or play different hours of the day. So that's a tough one, yes, Gavor. I have no clear answer at the moment.

That's true, ewok, i did. But you see, the only recquirement is to stay active, or at least semi-active with us. once the game starts, i think it might be helpful if we do allow others to join us. Of course, we don't have to, and the associates was formed for the forum posters to keep in touch with each other once the game comes out....i think we'll just have to have a big discussion one of these days and decide what road we want to lead the associates down. I didn't initially inted to make the associates a normal pa, rather more of a group of friends, but should we decide to make it so then others may join. at the same time, we could make two aspects of the pa; an outer circle where we let people in and an inner circle comprised of us, the originals. just an idea. and sorry if this post seems kind of wierdly written, i'm full of sushi and turkish coffee right now.

Archived