Driving around!

Jan Gaarni

Should there be a drivers test?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a drivers test?

• Yes
    • No

This is more of a fun poll, but alittle seriouse none the less. :D

I was booting up my machine. It booted up nicely and all and my background picture came up as it should. I had been in a discussion about gun control and how you should have a licens to own one earlier this day.

With this discussion still on my mind, as I looked at the pic - it's the one from SWGalaxies displaying the logo and a Rodian driving a speeder - it suddently hit me. Do we need to take some kind of license to drive those things?!? :D

We prolly don't, but I would feel alittle safer if it was this way. I really would hate it if someone just drove me over as I was walking down the road. :p

So, do you think you should prove yourself as a competent driver before you are able to by and drive one? ;)

Ok, ok, you 2, stop it. :D

I am being serious here too.

Would you really like to be run over accidently by a nimwit that can't drive properly?

Remeber what kind of world we live in today. It's not that the feeling of responsability is in vast amounts in people U know.

well, if you trust them to carry around gun and/or more dangerous weapons, then don't you think they can handle driving? besides, i'm sure that they'll add something to prevent people from killing, or at least deter killing, in a non pvp area. if not when they add the vheicles , then after a whole bunch of people try to do a monster truck derby in a crrowded area

if you think people driving cars will be bad, think about the space expansion...

Actually that part I'm not too worried about.

There's a slime chance I'll be walking in space and then get hit by a speeding spaceship, compared to walking in Mos Eisley and get run over by a speeding or out of control speeder or simply by an unexperienced driver. :D

Good solution, Gaalgoth. Now we're starting to come up with possible ways of stopping such scenario, and I fear it will be a frequent one. :rolleyes:

I myself always thought they would trade realisme with not being able to kill a person, but if you add more realisme to it, then what Gaalgoth proposed is a good solution. :)

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Actually that part I'm not too worried about.

There's a slime chance I'll be walking in space and then get hit by a speeding spaceship, compared to walking in Mos Eisley and get run over by a speeding or out of control speeder or simply by an unexperienced driver. :D

Good solution, Gaalgoth. Now we're starting to come up with possible ways of stopping such scenario, and I fear it will be a frequent one. :rolleyes:

I myself always thought they would trade realisme with not being able to kill a person, but if you add more realisme to it, then what Gaalgoth proposed is a good solution. :)

how about repulsor lift vehicles go over the other people instead of through them :D

if you do encounter speeding spaceships then they would hurt more because they are generaly have shields compared to land viecles, which typiclly don't

Neither is there much info on Corellia - nothing from the movies except it being mentioned and little from the EU - yet it's in the game.

I'm currently making a survey on the different planets in-game for my PA, and surprisingly enough, when I started, I found there was extremely little info on this planet, yet it is one of THE most important planet in the history of the Republic.

well ther's all that stuff about the correlian's disain for odds and one of the correllian senators was nominated for the chance to be voted on to become the new supreme thing in TPM, seems that they mention it at least a few times in cannon

Which only supports my point. :D

The key word here is "mentioned". It's never been shown, nor has there been any info on the planet itself in the movie.

My reason for posting my last reply was this:

" ... they would have nothing from the movies to go by ... "

Their not basing this game on info from the movies only. If they did, there wouldn't be much of a game, and Corellia would never have been in it, that's for sure.

So, why can't they come up with the system themselfs?

Perfect example about what I'm talking about: Rori, one of Naboos 2 moons.

Up until it was announced, noone knew anything about it, other than it was one of the 2 moons of Naboo. How it looks like and stuff is what the devs have come up with and aproved by LucasFilms Ltd. :)

Archived