Home

MP - Players killing themselves before you kill them...

Rogue74

What are you, stupid?!?!?! Let's take out all the weapons and all the Force powers! Or better yet, you can run around looking for guns with no ammo, and they can just make it so you have no ammo lying around. Would that be fair enough? You all think you are beta testers but you are not. Give it up! Stop trying to ruin the entire game!

LOL someone actually believed it that further proves my point that jk2 would become like that in a month or two if raven did EVERYTHING the newbs asked for

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should I adapt to using /kill as a tactic? What: so my force power can instantly regenerate each time I suicide? To have the game really gravitate around force powers from the use of the suicide bind takes away from the other aspects of FPS CTF. Its not a "tactic" -its an excuse not to use tactics. I thought JK2 CTF was great with force powers, but /kill makes it ridiculous.

In that letter I think calling scripts "cheats" was more of an oversight. For it only refers to the one the made force pull unblockable. Since this was deliberately patched out of the game, yes I think it is safe to say that this script was infact a cheat. On the OGL and TWL ladders suiciding is legal. I do believe the point of the letter was to have the /kill command brought down to the same level as that script. Even though it has not been altered or altogether patched out of the game. (And I dreadfully hope it should otherwise CTF I think is ridiculous.) That it should be viewed as an unpatched cheat.

Now it can be said that people complaining for new patches are ruining the game. However, I choose the same argument. That not patching or altering the /kill command is ruinining the game. Just as I feel that script was ruining the game.

Originally posted by AOL User

Should I adapt to using /kill as a tactic? What: so my force power can instantly regenerate each time I suicide?

yes.. you should

To have the game really gravitate around force powers from the use of the suicide bind takes away from the other aspects of FPS CTF.

again you are not reading.. suicide IS a STRAT.. there are many strats for using suicide. removing sucuide reduces the number of strats in ctf. so there for yourstatement is totally false it actually adds strats to ctf thus making it more fun. remember more strats = fun. although of course noobs wont think so since they can't handle the number of strats in ctf.

Its not a "tactic" -its an excuse not to use tactics.

hmmm.. guess your still not reading.. it is a strat since its perfectly legal move to do in competition ladders.. so expect to see it on our servers.

not using it is the excuse noobs use when they just don't have the ability to adapt and just plain suck at the game in general.

did you even notice they moved THIS thread to MP strats forum instead the noob complaint department forum ? probably because it has lots of good strat information in it. bahahahhaha

hell.. there is even a suicide strat not mentioned in this thread. maybe bf will give it out if noone can guess it in a couple months.

I thought JK2 CTF was great with force powers, but /kill makes it ridiculous.

again.. from a noob prespective.

In that letter I think calling scripts "cheats" was more of an oversight. For it only refers to the one the made force pull unblockable. Since this was deliberately patched out of the game, yes I think it is safe to say that this script was infact a cheat.

if so, then you would have needed more evidence.. like demo'n to prove your point. like the fall'n script that was an exploit that got axed in 1.04. these are fine. but you can not prove anything without a demo or screen shot with scores on them. concerns about exploits are on twl and map exploits have been banned.

On the OGL and TWL ladders suiciding is legal. I do believe the point of the letter was to have the /kill command brought down to the same level as that script.

again all the admins on twl and ogl have agreed that \kill is not an exploit and should be used for strats in ctf. after all the game ladders other than jk2 that i have played on twl and ogl all think \kill is legal. so why make the exception just for jk2 ladders?

Even though it has not been altered or altogether patched out of the game. (And I dreadfully hope it should otherwise CTF I think is ridiculous.) That it should be viewed as an unpatched cheat.

Now it can be said that people complaining for new patches are ruining the game. However, I choose the same argument. That not patching or altering the /kill command is ruinining the game. Just as I feel that script was ruining the game.

you know math right? if 85% of the community uses this strat and they take it out, then that means there are many more people who would be upset than the 15% noobs who would for one day say.. yes.. coool this is cool...

so again your statement is totally false. taking the command out will cause more of an uproar in the competition community thus more clans will drop and the community will shrink once again.

the noobs will be happy for one day, but then they will play new patch and get owned. thus.. they will search for their new complaint..

.nuff said.....

Damnit.. did i post again? Shyt!

Originally posted by The Help

Sarcasm. Look it up.:roleyess:

yeah.. bgp1, those two you posted replies to where just being sarcastic.. heheh.. i guess you missed the humor.. but read what those two guys posted before that. they are for suicide not against it. we just making fun of the noobs who can't adapt.

Originally posted by [JA] Silver

... The owner of the site has protected my name because some of these clanners want to come bother regular people having fun. So one of your guys probably tried to mimick me but got kicked so he changed his name to Homofag in a vain attempt at an insult.

There are two other BFs that I know of, one being the Bantha Fodder clan so it's not a new thing to have the same initials.

yeah.. it's not uncommon for clan tags to be same..

did anyone else notice that this noob actually thought someone logged into the server as that name? (Homofag) ROFL.. silver, you make me laugh. btw, i have a bridge i want to sell ya.

Instead of asking Raven to take away the /kill command, I think we need to add a /stfu command for admins. By using the /stfu command the person who had /stfu used against them will have limited range of motion, guns will do .01 % of their normal damage, and they will be muted. This way players who choose to use the /kill command can play as they wish without having to listen to the incessant vomitingsof jk2 gameplay ethics and those who spew forth these ramblings will be forced to play with those who support their views without the threat of insta-nerf punishment.

/end sarcasm

AOL, if /kill isn't a strategy what do you define as strategy? It could be argued that aimbotting is a strategy for winning. /kill is a common ctf tactic in almost every game. Console commands are there for a reason. They allow EVERYONE to customize the game to fit the needs of their machine and to allow for greater teamplay(chat binds, /kill). They also allow you to customize your graphics and net settings to improve performance on your machine. Since you are so knowledgeable in what is and isn't valid tactics you must know this already though. So if I do this to improve performance on my machine am I somehow exploiting the very commands id(who invented the fps, and whose fans have basically set the standard for how even newbies like you play), not raven, has created for us to use. TWL will never remove /kill because its admins play jk2, and understand the retardedness present on these forums and on jk2 public servers. OGL, if they even bothered to read FO's letter, is most likely laughing their asses off. pi is making the mistake of not showing screenshots/demos to an admin and requesting the loss to be reported. The fact is you jk2 players are the laughing stock of not only this community, but almost every other gaming community. One of the reasons I pushed for us to quit is because of this. Why be the best at a game people have only said "wtf why do you play with newbies" over. The whole jk2 community whines over COMMON first person shooter strategies. Including the ffa(which is newbie to begin with) in which you kill 2 opponents who aren't paying attention to you. Its called intelligent gaming. Learn to play a fps before you ever whine to us about what is and isn't fps tactics. You have no idea what they are.

First off, I'm not in FO. Second, other fps games like Quake and Half-Life do not have force power that instantly starts at full from each re spawn. And whoa! am I glad to get this flak from touching upon this essential difference and comparing /kill to an unaltered/unpatched cheat for JK2. Cause it is!!

First off, I'm not in FO. Second, other fps games like Quake and Half-Life do not have force power that instantly starts at full from each re spawn. And whoa! am I glad to get this flak from touching upon this essential difference and comparing /kill to an unaltered/unpatched cheat for JK2. Cause it is!!

dunno bout HL but quake also had balanced weapons, meaning regardless of your health a decent player can kill a stacked player with 1 weapon.

Did i ever say you are in FO? idiot

You said it isnt a strategy, i merely replied saying it is. And asked you what you thought was......

Every game has its share of annoyances, in fact in a quake 3 1v1, there is spawn raping. U die once and spawns are spammed with rockets etc. its smart playing, not cheating. The same with /kill. Its intelligence, like i said.

As i also said before, in the event that idiot Raven removes /kill, it will either kill the competitive scene, or it will just get popped into a competition mod. Email them all you want.

To have the game really gravitate around force powers from the use of the suicide bind takes away from the other aspects of FPS CTF

I've been patient up until now.. but this is the stupidest comment I've ever heard.. why the hell would I bother playing this half-assed excuse for a FPS without the force powers.. the force is the ONLY thing that is appealing about this game and gives it a strategic element above and beyond other FPS's..

and the impression that 'other aspects of FPS CTF' are 'taken away' by using sucide is plain ridiculous. I don't know who's ass you have your head up, but I know that I'm still shooting people, backing up my teammates, and running the flag with a rocketlauncher in my hand.

Go play Quake III and stop using the force since its obviously too much for you to handle.

Should I adapt to using /kill as a tactic? What: so my force power can instantly regenerate each time I suicide? To have the game really gravitate around force powers from the use of the suicide bind takes away from the other aspects of FPS CTF. Its not a "tactic" -its an excuse not to use tactics. I thought JK2 CTF was great with force powers, but /kill makes it ridiculous.

In that letter I think calling scripts "cheats" was more of an oversight. For it only refers to the one the made force pull unblockable. Since this was deliberately patched out of the game, yes I think it is safe to say that this script was infact a cheat. On the OGL and TWL ladders suiciding is legal. I do believe the point of the letter was to have the /kill command brought down to the same level as that script. Even though it has not been altered or altogether patched out of the game. (And I dreadfully hope it should otherwise CTF I think is ridiculous.) That it should be viewed as an unpatched cheat.

You can adapt to this tactic. So you may not be able to push/pull someone to their death or grip someone off an edge anymore. Lets see how many more ways we can kill someone. First of all, we have 9 weapons, each having 2 attacks. That is 18. Then there is 3 det type weapons, 2 of them having 2 attacks, so that is 23 ways. Then there is the seeker drone and senty which makes it 25 more ways to kill someone without even thinking very hard about it. Who cares if you don't get kills for throwing someone to their doom?

yeah.. bgp1, those two you posted replies to where just being sarcastic.. heheh.. i guess you missed the humor.. but read what those two guys posted before that. they are for suicide not against it. we just making fun of the noobs who can't adapt.

I thought it was a little wierd for TK to want to get rid of it. I know for a fact that they use it. I have alot of respect for TK, they have some really really good players!

Well Hoby if you want to keep going round and round I can play all day.

First of all your recent arguments concerning the comments of others have consited of calling them noobs and losers. This is the commen tactic of someone who's argument is baseless and selfesh.

You say that using /kill is strategic. It's not. Aol is right. Force powers were put into the game to give a player a unique ability to dispatch his opponents, but using some of the more extreme force powers come with a penalty that was meant to be payed for by the player (strategy). By /kill the player says screw the rules I can have my cake and eat it too. I don't believe your stupid in anyway, but maybe your in denial about the truth of this fact.

About the guy with the HomoFag name. He was a member of Jedi Academy trying to insult me. The funny thing is I wasn't even there. Don't remember his whole name but the first part was [JA] Hood.

I imagine your response will consist of more flames and little real debate. Call me a noob if you want but I'd beat I've been playing JO longer than you.

p.s. To the flamers, you'll see not one insult in my comments above.

About the guy with the HomoFag name. He was a member of Jedi Academy trying to insult me. The funny thing is I wasn't even there. Don't remember his whole name but the first part was [JA] Hood.

I imagine your response will consist of more flames and little real debate. Call me a noob if you want but I'd beat I've been playing JO longer than you.

p.s. To the flamers, you'll see not one insult in my comments above.

Ummm.. you just insulted Jedi Academy...(JA) by accusing them of something they never did.

Its called PHOTOSHOP... the image was doctored. BAHAHA

I'm such a nerd, I bought JO at 12:30 am from Walmart the day it was released. I also got the special edition box. But does that matter? No..

As far as spell checking on forums.. You want me to do that from now on just for you? ROFL.

So one of your guys probably tried to mimick me but got kicked so he changed his name to Homofag in a vain attempt at an insult.

The probability of that statement being correct is very slim. I thought it was pretty obvious what I did when I made that... I mean, heck, it even LOOKS like an MS-Paint cut/paste job. You must have missed the joke, ;).

I won't even add anything onto this thread about /kill because I seriously think it is a joke to want it removed. The sarcastic statements posted by various people willing to learn how to play this game have more validity than the arguements proposed by those against /kill.

Cheers,

-[JA]-HooDWinkeR

Also, just to add something to the terminology of 'noob', it does not necessarily mean that you are new to the game, calling someone a 'noob' is an insult because it means someone is comparing your skills to those of someone who HAS just purchased the game.

Cheers,

-[JA]-HooDWinkeR

i hate suiciders i think the kill command shouyld be stopped okay u might get stuk then leave the game and come bak again not our problem u sue it to lower enemy team kills u dont let the team kill u n00bs

p.s i will be making a server once it is made i will tell u ppl the name suiciders and other cheaters will be kiked so its a non cheating enviroment haha

Originally posted by hashem

i hate suiciders i think the kill command shouyld be stopped okay u might get stuk then leave the game and come bak again not our problem u sue it to lower enemy team kills u dont let the team kill u n00bs

p.s i will be making a server once it is made i will tell u ppl the name suiciders and other cheaters will be kiked so its a non cheating enviroment haha

*issues the /stfu command for extrememly poor spelling, grammar, and punctuation*

:dozey:

So essentially you guys have said that I am right. The first sign you've lost an argument is you have to insult the guy with the valid and logical point of view.

LOL, Detective Hoby. I just read one of your previous posts where you say that I am the same guy a Zeist. Guess this is why you can't understand the logic in my arguments. Did it ever occur to you that I just might have a brother who uses the same computer?

The sad thing is your probably older than me, and that is a shame you spend your time insulting intelligent people while making yourself look the fool.

I'm still willing and ready to talk on the subject if you are.

So if you admit that you did draw that picture then Hood, what is the difference between you entering the server and changing your name or making that immature pic.

Maybe my JA is the good clan and yours is like most of the rest who just want to flame away and make themselves feel like good players. I saw you there Hood and believe me it was pretty poor.

Is that supposed to hurt someone? I'll just go to one of the other 3000 servers where i can commit suicide when im already sure ill die, or when im in the middle of enemy territory with no health and no back up, and the real shame is i can prolly come to you server without using my "cheater tactics" and still get top score over you, normally i would flame some other clan people like Hamburglar, but im with him on this, you just so stupid so STFU! BIATCH

Archived