Home

MP - Players killing themselves before you kill them...

Rogue74

Dunno how it was 'poor'. It was CTF and, I saw YOU, that's why I joined it, and all I did was talk to you. I was in the game for maybe... five minutes, tops. I wasn't there to play against you, or play Sabers only CTF. I was there because I just wanted to see HOW you played CTF. It summed up to what Bruck Chun posted previously.

And, Bruck Chun stated that we're the 'good JA', because we, unlike you and most others here at Lucasforums, are willing to learn and adapt to playing this game.

And, as I said before, I SERIOUSLY will not add anything more onto this about /kill because it is the most ridiculous arguement I have ever heard. Also, as before, sarcastic posts made by various people DO have more validity than the arguements proposed by those against /kill.

Cheers,

-[JA]-HooDWinkeR

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooooo, anyone figure out what the unknown suicide strat is? One that hasn't been mentioned before.

???

BF don't count.. :)

again wont post it for a while but want'n to know if anyone else knows of a good suicide strat. nothing big.. just something not mentioned yet.

now i personnally dont almost ever use the kill command but i have a few things to say towards this topic.for the duels and ffa the kill thing where you lose 1 point is perfectly fine.But in ctf 1 point is almost NOTHING,BUT again it is a stratagy and most teams win ctf because of STRATAGY and after i read this forum i see it is a very clever and SMART stratagy.

but about the IDIOTS who kil temselfs in ffa and duels frequently i tottally agree that they are stupid and they are noobies.

but once again for ctf it is a smart stratagy.

It might be better though if they make a patch so that in ctf the kill command doesnt take a static amount of points of(1 point) but make the amount a variable,dynamic. what i mean by that is so they make it instead od 1 point ,they make it 10 percent of your points,actually i think 5 percent will be better though.

that way before killing themselves someone will have to think twice because if they do ythis and they dont end up capturing the flag they end up losing more than they gained by just taking the flag.

that would make the stratagy balanced out,it would make it a high pay but high risk stratagy.

Reasons to Suicide:

1) Lets you start afresh when you realize your current flag run is futile, after all there's no point standing around waiting to get killed.

2) Lets you return to your home base after killing the enemy carrier to bolster the defense so you can score.

3) Fills your mana. This is mainly used for darkies, a speed+rage run uses all your mana, so if your run wasn't succesful you are a sitting duck who is completely useless.

4) It drops your gun. Unlike actual weapon pickups, guns which are dropped can be picked up, even by those who already have the weapon. Very useful for giving your flag carrier a means of defending themselves.

5) Faster respawn. Lets face it, if you are lagging slightly it can take ages to respawn after a fall, using /kill significantly reduces this time and makes you more useful for your team.

6) Lets you personally pick up a gun, useful if their is no ammo recently spawned since you are pretty useless if you are unable to fight back.

Personally I don't use /kill to fill my mana since I play lightie, a quick absorb when under attack will fill my mana. The fact is, most of these alternative reasons for using /kill go unnoticed unless you are aware of them.

Now for my final use of /kill --

The enemy carrier has the flag, you have just been knocked off an edge, it will be a few seconds before you die and the flag goes back to base. A Teammate says "Team Message >> I am ready to pickup the enemy flag", at this instant you kill yourself, and voila your team has the flag again without the enemy scoring.

Personally I'm against a patch to weed out /kill. I don't even really mined people using it under certain circumstance, i.e. resetting force powers, missing a step and falling off a ledge or the odd happenstance where you'll get stuck in the map.

What I'm against is players not accepting the penalties for force powers they use like rage. If you

guys want to claim it's strategic, but you use the /kill command after you use speed + rage combo when your making yourself look like hypocrites. Strategy is where you adapt to the powers and PENALTIES that come with them. Now that is the problem I have with those who /kill. Don't get ride of it, just know how to use it in conjunction with the rules of force power usage.

My [JA], the clan that doesn't flame.

then we'll just unrage and blow ourselves up. cant you see that you will get nowhere with this? please stop breathing... you're wasting valuable air that could be used to culture stinky bacteria which are more intelligent than the both of you.

blowing myself up is the exact same thing as /kill.... for example. i rage run in bespin, i run out of rage and go into gimp mode. i fire a ****load of flechette balls into a corner and then run into them. IT'S THE EXACT SAME FRIGGIN THING(except now it's a bit more annoying and takes an extra second but hey 3 seconds is still shorter than 9)

Aoshi, follow in Hoby's example and stop flaming people because it makes you look like a noob for not being able to play without exploiting the game.

Damn your so sad. Look at all of my post and look for one flame in this thread that I have made. Everything I've said has been true and just because you can't cope with it Aoshi you whine and cry that I'm a liar. Then you ask for proof that I won those games, why? I didn't make that post to make myself feel better I posted so that there was some reference as to what could still be done without using /kill.

At least Hoby will give some sort of evidence for his theory on why /kill is a useful tactic, but you don't even have a theory at all.

Don't respond if your intention is to continue flamming unless you want to prove me right that your a kid just trying to get attention while the grown ups talk.

with every complaint for this game, more and more people shall leave the game. Let us /kill people do what we please, you go and do what you please. But whinking to raven or activision just proves our point. They cater to the people that complain about stupid issues instead of getting real emails about real issues (eg, the net code when you run over the flag 7 times to get it on warring factions). Im not flaming or insulting people here, but what i have said so far is true fact. Examples:

1.02---->1.03

dfa=gone

force drain=useless

have to press space 2x to kick

heal=gone

1.03---->1.04

knockdown=pratically gone

damage=nerfed

anything else?

its going to go to the point where its going to be just saber saber saber. As stated on the starwars.com site. Katarn was a jedi who also used WEAPONS. There you go

Originally posted by [JA] Silver

I've beaten your boys on countless nights by doing just that. So if you noobs are ever on Bf Carnage just pretend to fight them and watch them suicide. And to your insult that I get owned on your site. I don't use my real name because you would ban me. If I get owned why have I won all but 2 games on your server in the past 2 weeks. Two loses out of at least 100 damn I do get owned. The funniest thing to do to these certain bad clanners who thinks their good because a better clan quit is to go on Bf Carnage and start going after the Bf boys. Once they start going into the negatives on scoring because of suicides it's fun to see how low they will let their score get before they leave. Sure Bf has some genuienly good players but let me tell you it's defenately not the one trying to keep his suicide so he can put good players down and pretend he's good. "Waaaah I'm going to kill myself because I can't compete, then claim that it helps me win when it does no such thing. Waaaaah." said Bf Hoby.

a) i dont bother debating this with you because it's completely pointless and everyone has their opinions and all that crap. im not gonna waste my time debating this with you when you clearly dont listen to reason in the first place.

b) i personally dont care what you think of me, my age or anything. cause basically i think you both are morons and i dont give a rat's ass about the opinions of idiots. i will say, however, that i am in college and the tuition of my college exceeds silver's entire annual income (if he's the guy that posted about how much he made like 20k a year or something i dont exactly remember)

c) i flame because it obviously annoys you. if you take the time to respond then i must have gotten under your skin. all i can say is GOOD. if you wanna flame me back, call me a kid, do whatever i couldnt possibly care less. i am very aware of my own selfworth and have enough of an ego not to listen to people with the intellect of bacteria.

d) if i take the time to debate these issues in a logical manner with you chances are you wont listen anyways. garath, haze and hoby have already proven on multiple occasions the benefits and downfalls of /kill. to debate them further is completely pointless. i would rather spend my time annoying you as it seems to have a greater effect anyways.

e) if you are currently in, have gone to, or graduated from one of the top 20 universities in this nation then you have a right to call me stupid. if not then **** off cause i dont wanna hear some loser that comes from harvard on the highway telling me what's logical, practical, and of good strategic use.

f) if you are one of those people that think they're a jedi and play for honor respect dignity and ethics then that's fine. i am not criticizing you. i personally dont care what you do. just dont go and tell me what is best for me and dont go trying to have my type of play changed just because you cannot handle it. of all the servers out there the only servers that widely use /kill are the clan servers. if you dont wanna deal with it then the obvious solution would be to STAY AWAY FROM OUR SERVERS.

lastly i would like to reiterate that you silver are

1. a habitual liar

2. a pathetic excuse for a gamer

3. a little kid that whines when another roughs him up a bit

4. one of the many n00bs that sit around an try to act reasonable but the only people that see your reason are the other n00bs and little kids.

i actually go back to college tomorrow and classes start the 28th, therefore i will have no more time to flame you. you can talk **** about me all you want but the truth of it is that i simply dont care. you've completely failed to see the reasoning behing using /kill therefore you will never be a good ctf player. if you ever devise a way to play better without using /kill come to bf's ctf server and show me and i will gladly stop using it. until that day dont whine, dont bitch, and dont breathe k? thx

Aoshi your too funny and predictable. Thanks for responding to prove my point about you. I honestly don't know what you said in your post or most of your posts because once I see a flame coming on I switch to the next persons post. I can only imagine I've slept with your mom or something just a drastic to get you to spend so much time on me.

Hood you get nothing because that comment was a true and factual statement. Unless of course you don't see someone flaming someone else for selfish reasons sad.

Having said that, I did take the time to read your previous post about me in the hopes that after the first flame you would go through puberty. To answer to your question part e. Yes you are stupid. (not a flame he said I could call him that if I graduated from one of the top 20 universities) i.e. Princeton. You say you couldn't care less what I say, yet you follow me around where ever I post to flame me, and your posts take much more time and effort than mine. I only really respond and all of the other flamers out there because I enjoy watching someone get so angry and passionate over a computer game.

If you have read more than one of my posts you would have seen that I'm not for another patch. You say all the clans use it so it must be ok. Well all of the clans put together don't make the majority of players for this game.

Good luck in school, I hope your obsession with me doesn't cause your grades to slack.

Originally posted by thehomicidalegg

hmm i stumbled upon this thread 4 the 1st time...but.....10 pages saying how bad /kill is? id thought everything there is to say would have ran out after about 2 pages at the most...

I think there is also another thread about self killing...its pathetic it goes on this long...why bother replying to the same person with the exact same reasons/arguments if you know they wont chg their views!? Bah internet flame wars = gay

HEY!! :D :D :D I want to thank Raven for totally nerfing/smurfing this game with all their stupid patches that didnt even adress the real problems! And also for conforming to the whiners and losers who couldn't learn the game hence started to complain! well, i hope Raven DOES take out the /kill command (doubt they will, they cant be THAT stupid....or can they) so any competitive clans/players left will leave and the n00bies and or the whiners will be left to play this smurfed/nerfed down version of JK Outcast! I thought they would want this game to be as competitive as it could be but who woulda thought they would piss off the hardcore/serious player to please the n00bs who think /kill in CTF is used to prevent the person who killed the flag carrier/person from gaining points (There are plenty of arguments on both sides...but come on...enough is enough) . This game...er...the complaints get more bizzare and I am estatic UT2003 will be coming out so all the real FPS gamers who actually take time to learn and adapt to new strategies used mainly by top teams will hopefully leave this game and play UT2k3!!! I mean...with all these amazing games coming out soon enough you would think Raven would want to make JO better rather than worse!? I wouldnt be surprised to come back to Jedi Outcast a year from now and see a bunch of saber wielding "jedi's using only sabers in a guns allowed server...i see it beginning today. Its so bizzare you'd think something like the mysterious thing called collusion could be occuring!!! BAR THE THOUGHT OH yE EvIL ONE! :D :D :D Sorry to beat the dead horse but i had to get that off my chest...what is collusion anyways...ranting is fun!! See y'all in UT2k3 ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Just post'n a final strat not mentioned. Wanted to give this out.

Thanks to Aoshi for the strat. I figured out the key binds.

When you are in enemy base and you have weapon out you can pull out saber then suicide. This way you are not potentially giving the enemy a weapon.

You can bind a new suicide key just for this task. Keep the old one so you can suicide and give weapon to your teammates still.

Here is new bind to not leave weapon when suicid'n:

\bind KEY "weapon 1;kill"

This draws your saber then suicides. Does it so fast you dont see the saber come out.

This concludes my postings to these forums until jk3 comes out.

L8r Bastards!

Wouldn't there have to be 'wait' commands?

Sure I'll try JK3. Thats if its gonna' use the Doom III engine, and provided that 'kill' is patched out. Its pretty sad having everyone on an RA3 leave cause someone it using a simple rocket-jump script, and then coming here and seeing all the lameness. This game could have been recognized if '/kill' didn't make it so cheap.

Archived