Home

for those who are doing hilt packs for JediMods

remark 666

|:|ReMaRk|:|, that's the name in the official JediMod 1.2 release, I did the hilt pack with 45 hilts in it, I know there are some people who are doing hilts too, I don't really want to have 3 or 4 hilt packs out that confuses people and maybe messes things up..so I propose we join teams and just talk about what we want to have in, etc...

I've started on the new pack few days ago, added few hilts and there is still some hilts to fix from the old pack (textures mainly)

just want to hear feedback and hoping power hungry moderators don't close this topic about MODELING ;)

i havent seen many hilt packs around since your official one was released.

however i think it would be a good idea for you to work together with them. Your hilt pack can only benifit from it.

itll be easier for a group of people to keep track of newly released lightsabers

When is the next version likely to be released?

About my Kit Fisto saber-I have made a new version called Jedi mod edition with polished metal textures (really nice, done in fireworks) and it is zipped with the QC files for easier transition to jedi mod-if you would like it, I can e-mail it to you or post it if you can suggest a good place to host the file.

Stryke

--EDIT-- I am also doing a Plo Koon episode 2 saber that is nearly done, let me know if you are interested in that as well.

OK, here are my suggestions:

Black Widow:

If you put in only one of these, make it this one! THis piece of saber artistry was done by Lord Hatrus, the same guy who did the trio of spikey sith sabers already in the pack.

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=4333

Exar Kun:

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=2818

Katana:

http://www.jedi-outcast.com/filebase_details.php?f_id=132

Thundercats:

Gimmicky, but I loved them when I was a kid (though I would take the custom sound out.

http://www.jk2files.com/file.info?ID=3646

There is also a different version of the Dooku saber (which I like a lot better). I like the way it is oriented in the hand, and it doesn't have problems fitting into the hand. It also came with hud images and sounds. I couldn't find a download location for it, but the author is MonkeyKungFu (rpalmer@shianet.org), so you might contact him, or I could send you it myself if you wanted)

Originally posted by remark 666

and there is a good dooku saber that's in the pack already...the best one I might say :) (needs fixing the way it's held in arm though)

i'm not sure what you mean needs fixing. i've experimented with (i think) all of the dooku hilts there are, and i have noticed that the one in the hilt pack which came with the jedimod1.2 is made to be held at a different angle for a reason... it doesnt run into the dooku model's cape. the hilts that curve down while he's holding it go through his cape and out the back. i think that is why the dooku hilt in the jedimod1.2's hilt pack is held at a angle where the curve is more to the side.

I've made some HUD images and converted the models so the textures are right. I chose the saberhilts that I think are looking best.

For the selection icons I prefer the original style, black backgrounds, yellow glow around the saber.

When I'm through with all the hilts I've downloaded I'll send you a zip archive so you can choose if you want to add some hilts from it.

Originally posted by TheWhiteRaider

I will help on anything I can. I would make tons of sabers, but the problem is I can't make skins for the Hilts. I can make models just fine. Also I know how to get saber hilts working in Jedimod (not saying that Remark doesn't know how). So if you need a hand just let me know.

You mean designing the bitmap or unwrapping the vertices? (or both?)

Archived