Home

Empire Airbase?

joesdomain

What would you like to see in the Empire airbase in an sequel or expansion pack?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see in the Empire airbase in an sequel or expansion pack?

• Tie Fighter
    • Tie Interceptor
    • Tie Defender
    • Tie Bomber
    • Tie Advanced
    • Tie Avenger
    • Imperial Lander
    • Imperial Lamda Class Shuttle
    • Star Destroyer Imperial Class I and II
    • Super Star Destroyer

Here is another poll since no one is one the forum tonight? What would you like to see in the empire airbase in a sequel or expansion pack? I would like to see Tie Fighter, Tie Interceptor, Tie Defender, Tie Advanced, Tie Avenger, Tie Bomber, Imperial Lander, Imperial Lamda Class Shuttle, Super Star Destroyer and Star Destroyer Imperial Class I and II. What do you guys think?

Hey what's a Tie Avenger and Imperial Star Destroyer Class I and II? I've seen victory class star destroyers but i've never heard about that.Could tell me what are those? I think they called the Tie Advanced final prototype(the one you see in the great game Tie Fighter)was nicknamed the avenger. Is that what you're talking about?

If you seen Star Wars you have seen an Imperial Star Destoryer (esstianal guide to vechiles and vessels messed the two up).

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/chron/isdflank1.gif

Imperial class Star Destroyer is also called the Imperator class. Imperial II Star Destroyere is just an upgraded ISD.

Victory Class:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/Pix/books/egvv/vsd-eg1.gif

This is the only Star Destroyer that can enter the atmosphere.

The Tie advanced is the Tie avenger The two names are interchanable. There is also some debate over which is the proper name.

For more info:

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/warships.html

Well you said you never heard of ISD Class so...

ISD I is the regualr Star Destroyer

ISD II is an upgraded Star Destroyer, it has better armor, and weapons.

If you knew that the Tie advanced was the Tie Avenger then why did you ask?

The first one wasn't named avenger it was Vader's personal fighter, and was named Tie X-1, nothing else (it was also the only one made)

Crazy dog, what i mean is the ability to make all those ships in an air base or 2 airbases. I am tired of making Tie Defenders after i upgrade to it and not be able to make Tie Interceptors and Tie Fighters. The same goes for the Tie Bomber situation. The Imperial Lander is a air transport. Imperial Lamda Class Shuttle is something different. Look at the starwars.com databank They have both ships with different names and jobs. I know Tie Advanced and Imperial Lamda Ship are toy box units but i want to build them on a regular basis. Once they are all destroyed in the scenarios you can't build them. It is the same way with the Outrider, Millenium Falcon, Virgao, Wedge's and Luke's Airspeeder and Vadar's Tie. The star destroyer, corellian corvette offered as cheats stinks. They blow up with a few hits of anti-air troopers, turrents, fortresses and fighters. They are definitely not to scale. No one ever knows for sure if the big ships can enter the atmosphere. It is all speculation. If they add capital ships, then make them in space with space docks or something like in a space battle mode or option.

OK u win. The transport could be replaced graphically by the Shuttle.

Also, get it though your head that HEROE UNITS SHOULD NOT BE USED IN NORMAL GAMES! I don't know how many times I have to stress this, but I will carry on 'till u get it. Heroe units are special. That's why they are Heroe units.

Also it's very stupid to have 50 Darth Vaders running around.

Also cheat units, they are cheat units. U use them to cheat:rolleyes: . The whole point of them is to give an unrealistic advantage. With cheats, no-one cares if a corvette can enter the atmosphere or not. It would be a consideration if they were normal units, howver.

Also ask yourself this: Do I really want downgraded ships when I already have better ships? U may aswell play RoN or EE and say: Why should I use clubmen when I have Jet Fighters?

I was asking a valid question and poll. I was including present aircraft at empire airbase plus some of the toy box units from scenario editor and the capital ships. I thought it was a neat question to ask. I don't like the Tie Defender or the way they set it up. I want to make Tie Interceptors and Tie Fighters at the same time. I also want to include the Tie Advanced ship into the airbase.

Crazydog- I am saying for being a cheat (star destroyer and corellian corvettes) may be powerful but they are very poor defensively. They have no armor or shields because you can blow them up easy with anti-air mobiles, fortresses, anti-air turrents and fighters. I mean what a stupid useless cheat if they can be destroyed easy. At least the death star is cool.

If you people don't like polls then don't read them or reply to them. If you hate my ideas then ignore me. I plan on continuing to give my ideas on lucasforums.

Darth Windu- Quit Complaining! If you don't like my polls or ideas then don't read them or ignore me. Make your poll! There is no limit to the number of polls I can make. I like downgraded ships and a variety of ships to pick from. Only being able to pick a Tie Interdictor Tie Defender and Imperial Lander at Tech 4 stinks. I like to see all the Tie fighters and Tie bombers.

Originally posted by joesdomain

Only being able to pick a Tie Interdictor Tie Defender and Imperial Lander at Tech 4 stinks. I like to see all the Tie fighters and Tie bombers.

You want your pretty little TIE fighters? Then don't upgrade your fighters, and you can have a bunch of regular fighters in T4! And you can be happy that you have your TIE fighters even as your opponent's upgraded air force slaughters them.

Simwiz- I don't play online game or the scenario editor or random map. I play death matches on single player against one computer player usually at easy or moderate level. I can beat other civilations using Tie fighters and Tie Interceptors depending whether or not I upgrade. Luke's idea is similar to my thinking. Make them cost less even if you don't use them. Then again I always use the forcenova, forceore, forcefood, forcecarbon cheats if i get close to running out of the resources. I set the game to conquest so one of us has to destroy all the military units and buildings to win. I say why not add a Tech Level that cost a bunch of resources if you want to upgrade to a bonus tech level that allows you to make all the units from previous tech levels. That seems like a cool idea.

I don't care about being a good player on this game without cheats. I play it for the fun of it. I play it by myself. I don't need a 2nd human player or a multiplayer game. I think they are useless and use up memory. I am no online player. I didn't shot myself on this. Death Matches are awesome. Random Maps stinks. Quit complaining about my ideas. They are my opinions not yours. I like cheats when they help you get through a game. There nothing wrong with cheats.

Having more than one tie available at once wouldnt work very well. This reminds me of Windus ill-fated idea about splitting heavy and repeater troopers. People will use the best buy and none of the others. Even in single player.

As for the cheats, i know how you feel. Instead of cheating, i used the scenerio editor in AoK to make maps incredibly slanted towards me. Also , i made it so there were a to of units at once (each person had like 300 units from the start). I think that was just as fun a playing "correctly" but i slowly weaned myself of the cheat mps and started becoming better (and in the process became very adept at the editor). Try forcing yourself to build more workers and less military and you'l find yourself using the cheats less and less. The campaigns help too.

So joe, what you're saying is that you want

- more lag

- less balance

right?

Did you even think about what i said before? No offence, but some of your idea's would never work and would completely destroy the game. Go away, think about your idea's, then come back with a much smaller, and realistic, list.

PS: playing the game before suggesting changes helps

Who says it is going to lag? Only you and a couple of others. I have a nice advanced computer with all a good video and sound card. Who says it has to be unbalanced. If they have to, Then make some wacky looky units for the other civilations to compensate for the rebels and empire being so powerful then you will be balanced. I am sure they have lots of room to add plenty of characters and units. It only destroys the game by your own opinion. My idea's for a sequel would enhance the game and make it close to realistic as possible. but then you RTS gamers don't want realism do you. You just want to blow things up and wreck havoc on a civilation with unique units and specific upgrades for each civilation so that one area they are weak, another they are strong. That is a boring game and if they tried to balance it more by making the civilations have the same type of units and weapons then I wouldn't buy it. Come on, The Empire never had Tie Fighters all the time. They had Tie Advanced and Tie Interceptors at the same time. I love realism and unbalance in my games. It makes the games fun. Don't say it doesn't. All you guys do is play scenarios, campaigns and online multiplayers. You guys never think about the people who just like the single player option especially death matches. Everyone doesn't play mulitplayer option or scenarios. I know lots of people who just like the single player games.

P.S. I have probably played this game more than you at least the single player mode. I play it everyday every since I bought it early this year. I can even beat the game in hard and hardest mode so i think I am pretty good at it.

Archived