Home

WIP: Obiwan ep1/ep2 & Anakin ep2 by Jolts

Guest Jolts

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finished modeling first lod of obi wan, now I just have to finish the other lods. It will be done at the latest by sunday, today and tomorrow I'm swamped with work, so saturday is official lod day for me.

If anyone wants me to make a zip with the first lod of obi so they can start playing with texturing it or binding it or whatever, let me know and I'll zip it up and stick on my geocities thing.

I cant tell without a full body shot. Also, His eyes are too big vertically, ears are too big, and his face and nose is too long. Notice the length and shape of his jawline in the following pic compared to your model. Also notice the shape of the hair. His neck is too thick too.

http://www.geocities.com/eo718/owk-ig02.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/joltsone/cm3.txt

copy/paste

I am still doing that, this is a side project to it. I work on the lods, I work on this, and switch back and forth. The basic jedi body with lods will be out by sunday.

gotta give a big thanks out right now to keo for all the great help on turning my generic face into obiwan, you've reminded me how important it is to draw before you model, thanks.

Hey, no problem man, glad I could help. I appreciate the shoutout.

Yeah, keo is a pain in the but about details, but that's a very good thing!

Yeah, Keo was also one of those that helped shaped -Tercero-'s Anakin model into its present incarnation. He's got a real eye for the details.

Thanks guys. I'm glad my criticism is found to be beneficial.

Originally posted by keo718

Thanks Toonces. I just wish I knew how to make textures. I have photoshop. Do you guys just use the typical brushes in Photoshop(or whatever program you have) to skin? I don't really know how to format it either. Sorry for getting off topic.

Yep, just using the normal brushes, burn and dodge(don't use it to much) and all the layer variaties (sp?). I currently have a skin in the works consisting of 67 layers (a pain on my RAM).

thanks for the offer, but I don't have the time right now. I didn't even get my weekend off...If I were you I would post them anyways and get some feedback on them, maybe someone else will want to make them.

Originally posted by Jolts

If I were you I would post them anyways and get some feedback on them, maybe someone else will want to make them.

definitely ... i don't think people post enough conceptual stuff to get feedback on. this can really help people out even before they start modeling the character, at least IMO.

jolts, are you using max for this model? if so, what's the story on your lighting? the renderings look so much different than other models i've seen posted on here, and i'm just curious.

loving the progression of your model, jolts. keep cranking away at 'em. :D

I'm using maya 4.0, renders are crappy, I never put much time into lighting the model. The latest renders were just 2 ambient lights, before that I used directional or point lights. They help pop the facets out more, helps me see the shape bettter.

Havn't had more than 2 hours to work on this in the last few days, work is starting to eat away my time. Anways here is a quick and dirty inside of maya shot of a few jawline tweaks. Ignore the hair and ears, just temp place holders for now.

http://www.geocities.com/joltsone/obmy.txt

lods on the body are coming along, have first and second done for the generic jedi body.

Archived